Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Upgrade armor HELP

awesomeaustin93

Upgrade armor HELP Empty Upgrade armor HELP

Post by awesomeaustin93 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

I know this is going to sound really dumb but i need help. I gave the larger and very large ember to the blacksmith but when i reniforce my sword to +5 it goes away. so then i try to look in the modified section but the sword is not there. How do you upgrade the weapon to +10 and so on. I know im dumb but thanks
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Upgrade armor HELP Empty Re: Upgrade armor HELP

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:30 am

I'm not sure if you're dumb, but you might want to change the title to just "upgrade help" or something. Anyway, if you're using a special weapon, it will upgrade with Twinkling titanite or Demon titanite. You can't modify either of those. Another possibility is that you're not at the right blacksmith. For instance, if you want to ascend a +5 to +6, you have to be talking to Blacksmith Andrei.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 am

What Sword are you using? As Quarik said, that is quite possibly the solution.

Also, which blacksmith are you trying to modify it with?
    awesomeaustin93

Post by awesomeaustin93 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:44 am

I have reinforced both the black knight greatsword and also the silver knight straight sword to both +5. I have been talking to Andrei and i have plenty of the titanites. what do i do to get +6 and beyond?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:49 am

Those are special weapons upgraded with Twinkling Tite, you've already upgraded them to maximum.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:49 am

awesomeaustin93 wrote:I have reinforced both the black knight greatsword and also the silver knight straight sword to both +5. I have been talking to Andrei and i have plenty of the titanites. what do i do to get +6 and beyond?

Those are unique weapons. You can only get them to +5, you can not increase them to +6 or beyond, and you can not make them fire, lightning, divine, etc.

The only way those weapons are going to get stronger is if you increase a stat it scales with.
    awesomeaustin93

Post by awesomeaustin93 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 am

I know this is a broad question but what is the best weapon to ascend in you opinion?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 am

awesomeaustin93 wrote:I know this is a broad question but what is the best weapon to ascend in you opinion?

Whatever weapon feels right to you. Every weapon has it's own strengths and has it's own playstyle. Each and every one can be effective if used right, so when starting out pick a weapon that feels natural to you.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 am

Honestly, find a weapon with a moveset you like, then upgrade that. If this is your first character, just experiment. Any weapon in the game is viable to some degree except for the Whip and the Notched Whip, which should be awesome but aren't. I think that Greatsword class weapons are the easiest to use in general, but they're certainly not the best. Another thing to consider is scaling. If you like a weapon, but it does low damage for you or has bad scaling, consider upgrading it to elemental, which increases base damage but removes all scaling. If you find a weapon that you like and has good scaling with your primary stat, upgrade it to +15 using the Very Large Ember, or to +4 (only do +5 for the achievement) crystal. Crystal weapons can't be repaired, and have greatly reduced durability.

The reason you want to sparingly upgrade things to max is that the last upgrade uses a titanite Slab. These are incredibly rare drops, and there's usually only one found as treasure in the game.

Edit: Y U NO LET ME CAPITALIZE THE T IN "titanite"?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am