Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
SATLOS
darkREPRISAL
White Knight Wulf
ROOSTER330
ViralEnsign_
billy_bayonet
User
Wilkinson3424
WyrmHero
nsane32
NordNorth
FattyOfDoom
Serious_Much
dancash1808
Forum Pirate
JoeBroski09
Spurgun
cloudyeki
whitechikz11
SunlightCrusader
Shkar
DoughGuy
Xacktastic
27 posters

Lordran's Deliverance

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Lordran's Deliverance - Page 7 Empty Re: Lordran's Deliverance

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

No alliance with the knights? If DM allies with the LH.. isn't that the 5th covenant against the Knights?

LH, Followers, Stalkers, Gravesworn, and now DM... Nice.

No wonder the knights lost last war.... Why isn't the DM allying with the Knights? Do I need to read all of that?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm

PSN: Forum Pirate.

He in no way suggested an alliance with the LH. The folowers and stalkers had no part in the war. It was just the gravesworn and LH. Our number of participants was 11 LH/sworn (combined) 12 knights.

If even half the knights total size had shown, we would have been steamrolled us, despite our alliance.

We also have no ties to the followers. And I see it as highly unlikely a dm cov would side against the knights relative to the LH, more ignore the conflict entirely.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm

The DM and the knight can easily be allied. A sunbro can easily BC out if a DM from the user covenant comes in. How do you know this? Gestures. A unique one. If a DM prays, and then the knight prostrates, the Knight must go. If the Knight prays and the DM prostrates, then the DM goes. Whoever prays is the one who says "I want this really really badly. Please let me do my job." Simple as that.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:33 pm

*sigh* this is so strange. Idk. I guess the DM can simply stand alone. But without clear sides when war breaks out, then it'll be a case of WWI..
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Then one side or the other isn't doing their job. I've already explained this.

If the knights leave, they sacrifice their integrity as a helper cov and break the implied agreement that comes with dropping the wss: Protect the host at any caust. The sovs job is to kill the guilty, if the knight doesn't bc out and sacrifice that integrity, then their the enemy and must be killed for keeping their implied agreement.

The knights will be breaking their code by bcing out, or the dm has to kill them. One way the knight disgraces the name, the other he breaks the aliance.

3. Protect the host. Always try to fight an invader 1 vs 1 so the host stays safe

thats rule 3. Not doing that if you bc now are you? You're doing whatever it takes to slay the bosses, the scourges of lordan, bcing because a dm invades and starting over isn't part of that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Imo, helper covs are more neutral, concerned with protection and killing bosses. Dms are agressive, hunting the guilty. gls and dws are evil, killing indescriminately. That kind of makes both sides the enemy.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:52 pm

What about forest hunters and chaos servants? Those 2 have to be the most neutral covenants in the lot.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Chaos servants are neutral unless protectors they're trading for orbs, when they become evil (the followers).

FH are neutal but also indescriminate. both evil and neutral have arguments in their favor.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Then one side or the other isn't doing their job. I've already explained this.

If the knights leave, they sacrifice their integrity as a helper cov and break the implied agreement that comes with dropping the wss: Protect the host at any caust. The sovs job is to kill the guilty, if the knight doesn't bc out and sacrifice that integrity, then their the enemy and must be killed for keeping their implied agreement.

The knights will be breaking their code by bcing out, or the dm has to kill them. One way the knight disgraces the name, the other he breaks the aliance.

3. Protect the host. Always try to fight an invader 1 vs 1 so the host stays safe

thats rule 3. Not doing that if you bc now are you? You're doing whatever it takes to slay the bosses, the scourges of lordan, bcing because a dm invades and starting over isn't part of that.

Pfffft. It aint a perfect world. But I do like the idea of having evil-neutral alliances (LH and Followers, possibly POLG) and evil alliances (Gravesworn and Stalkers) and then the righteous (DM) and the truly nuetral (knights). If there is any other helper cov, then, obviously, they'd be with the knights. I wonder how the DM would ever be allied. Possibly with any second helper cov that's less strict about helping. *shrug.*

But the knights aren't about killing the bosses. They're about helping out and being friendly. They shouldn't be friends with a-holes (Sinners) ya know? A friendly guy can be friendly, but when the time comes, a sinner's gottah pay his dues. The Knights have to pick a side. I think Dough should incorporate that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Oh? Thats not as the front page says it. It says you're to clense the world of dragons and abominations. Can't be picky about who you help if you want to down nito or the 4 kings.

And friendly people would leave the LH alone, we never did anything but defend our territory. Thats like declaring war on the FH become you dont like alvina. She is perfectly happy ignoring you if you stay out of her forest.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Oh? Thats not as the front page says it. It says you're to clense the world of dragons and abominations. Can't be picky about who you help if you want to down nito or the 4 kings.
    *sigh* I haven't read their page. I only have heard things here and there.

Dough, change your page so you're not so mean! sad why you need to be so mean? BoC isn't hurting you, any! WHY YOU GOTTAH HURT HER!?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Thats the foundation of their cov, lol. "purifying" the world of the bosses the see as "evil"
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Thats the foundation of their cov, lol. "purifying" the world of the bosses the see as "evil"
    Then they aren't sunbros. I guess that's why they're Knights... Sunbros are helper men! They are the brothers of the SUN! They do what is nice. The nicest they can be!

Maybe I should make a Nice Covenant. I've always done the nice thing in every RPG other than DkS. I just couldn't make an evil character. And The Followers is the closest I've gotten to being evil.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:25 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Oh? Thats not as the front page says it. It says you're to clense the world of dragons and abominations. Can't be picky about who you help if you want to down nito or the 4 kings.
    *sigh* I haven't read their page. I only have heard things here and there.

Dough, change your page so you're not so mean! sad why you need to be so mean? BoC isn't hurting you, any! WHY YOU GOTTAH HURT HER!?

Lorewise, the Bed of Chaos is a "sentient" construct of fire and chaos that is spawning demons. Intentional or otherwise, the demons are a big threat.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm a dm become I dont have the heart to be mean unless they deserve it. I'm not a big fan of co-op because I've beaten the game a ton and its just more pve. So I'm "nice" if you can call it that, by killing the people who kill others. (also suicideing as a red so they get humanity, but I've gotta be rather bored.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm a dm become I dont have the heart to be mean unless they deserve it. I'm not a big fan of co-op because I've beaten the game a ton and its just more pve. So I'm "nice" if you can call it that, by killing the people who kill others. (also suicideing as a red so they get humanity, but I've gotta be rather bored.
    then, personally, you would like a DM player covenant over the LH? Toooo bad the DM cov didn't come sooner *snaps fingers* darn
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    And friendly people would leave the LH alone, we never did anything but defend our territory. Thats like declaring war on the FH become you dont like alvina. She is perfectly happy ignoring you if you stay out of her forest.

Well said. The knights are just picking fights in the name of what they see as good!
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 pm

There is a good amount of drama in my thread. I approve.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Most RP covenant threads are like this zack.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:37 pm

@Joe The LH exists in part because wyrm and I dm main, and wanted a user cov in the times of rampant dm hate. Wyrm put it together with the focus on the pw because he liked the boss, and it downplayed the dm presence, allowing him to openly accept dms, while allowing ogher covs as well.

I'm proud of the roll I played in that, and wouldn't change it given the chance.

@cloud, pretty much. I can't fualt them for it either, but I strive to be more understanding and thats reflected in the lore I write.
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Yah, I assumed so. I did not expect to have 12 pages in a day though.
    Just went faster than I expected!
    I want to thank everyone for stating their opinions on matters, its super cool to see peoples different points of view on lore and alliances.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Which is why I wanna see how the knights will deal with the new covenants popping up. This and the darkstalkers are definitely gonna be dealing with the knights some time in the future.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 pm

@Pirate I haven't read the LH page thoroughly, so I have no idea what's behind the curtain that Wyrm advertises, but I did hear that the LH is strongly DM, but it seems that it's not DM focused. It's now about protecting Priscy and not about righteously killing. Though, a LifeHunter could be a DM that invades and kills the sinners, but with the Lifehunting power. In the same way a Fire Follower could invade anywhere, really, but right now it's about protecting Quelana.

I really hope I got my idea across hahaha! I just threw it out.

I guess my main point is that the LH sounds like just being a priscy focused covenant, but it could be something else. I think of it mainly like that because a Fire Follower could sound like someone who just uses fire in someone else's viewpoint, but it's really about protecting Quelana, Quelaag, and The Fair Lady.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Which is why I wanna see how the knights will deal with the new covenants popping up. This and the darkstalkers are definitely gonna be dealing with the knights some time in the future.
    The stalkers want a piece of the Knights, no doubt.

I was thinking that the DM would be allied with the Knights so that things would be more "balanced." But I guess it's not going to work out that way. I think the covenants on the LH, Gravesworn, Followers, etc, should start splitting up a bit. The Stalkers don't have a true alliance atm anyway..

Hmm. WWI indeed.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Who us! Shrug we are perfectly innocent, why is everyone so biased *mutters* wraithsists ....

also fighting the noble knights sounds fun twisted

Erm, I mean peace and love and understanding!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm