Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Extertionist
Carphil
User
befowler
Azran
White Knight Wulf
Xacktastic
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 9 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:27 am

Have you guys seen the worldblaze card? It makes a late game raging goblin a good thing.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 9 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Have you guys seen the worldblaze card? It makes a late game raging goblin a good thing.
    lol yea ive seen that card all i thought was the first to draw a burn card wins
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

It will get banned in edh thats for sure. Suspend a burn spell such as Rift Bolt then cast it and you win when it casts. So much fun stuff was released in M13 and I hope the Return to Ravnica block is just as good. I recently shifted my white humans to red/white and I foresee Boros giving me some good support for it as well. Have you guys seen seen the new guild leader images? Some are the same as before but most are different. This page has them all if you are curious.
    siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Post by siegfried78 Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I used to play MtG back in the mid 90's around revised to 5th edition. The pinnacle of my MtG experience was when I won a local tournament using my "control magic" aka blue cheese deck. I think I received $20 but the real prize was defeating my opponents! I especially recall enjoying denying my opponent everything while whittling them away like a piece of wood at the hands of my prodigal sorcerer.big grin What a pitiful way to die.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Why am I just now only seeing this thread??
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:Why am I just now only seeing this thread??

Yeah, it died for a while.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Glad that I found it right now
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:18 pm

I wish people I know would still play it sad

haha that ''Lost in the Woods'' deck must be so annoying to encounter during a tourney. :cyclops:

I believe one of the last boosters Ive bought were during the Urza's Saga , Planeshift , 7th - Edition Era.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Wow we have so many mtg veterans here. Ziko it was funny just hearing the commentary about the Lost in the Woods deck during the Pro Tour Dark Ascension; they were shocked that a serious player made the deck in the Innistrad limited part and even more shocked when it achieved a measure of success. Servant I breathed life back into this thread as mtg is my favorite hobby. All the former players here should get back into it; the game has changed a lot over the years.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

haha Lost in the Woods looks much worse then a counter-deck big grin

I can imagine having put much thought in your deck , preparation for the tourney , travel elsewhere , pretty much only to be beaten by that particular deck .

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 9 2707236321

I'd love to play it again on occasion but I don't khow anyone who's is in to it

I sold all my cards a long time ago but luckily we've got great online shopping posibilities and stores selling single cards Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 9 4205493335

EDIT : Onslaught was the last set for me to purchase cards of , I just looked it up happy
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Bumpidty bump bump
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Whats the lastest mtg series ?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 am

Return to Ravnica is set to be released next month. Also I'm back from the dead... er I mean Peru. Technically I have been back but not in a Dark Souls type mood.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 am

Bump

So has anybody seen the new From the Vault: Realms? It has a few gems in it but it also has some crap. The MSRP is $35 but places are ramping the prices up because one of the cards in it, Maze of Ith, is worth $50 in its original versions and a few other money cards are in there as well. Some cards such as Desert just shouldn't be in there as they just are not useful at all or of very limited use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am