Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 11 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm

The damage split is pretty bad, but it stunlocks well and it's r1s have a good reach and angle for dead angles. You can catch bs fishers and then quickly turn and lock them down for the kill.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Honestly I have about 520 AR with the GSoA true and it does almost no damage. My MSGS at 40 str does about 400-450 dmg but the GSoA does about 200-250. How do you guys make it work?

Well Dough - you don't start getting serious returns from the GSoA until you have pumped up your Faith and/or Int since it scales a B with those I believe. And when you throw-in a C rating for Str and Dex then a high SL toon can do some serious dam. At lower SLs especially STR or Dex builds I would not recommend the GSoA it will be underwhelming.

Dough, play with a weapon and stat calculator to see exactly why you are getting disappointing results. Remember it does split damage so an opponent's resistance has alot to do with the dam output especially at lower SLs. When compared to your MSGS (I assume its a normal upgrade) the GSoA will be give you terrible results since I think you are using a STR build. The MSGS is dumping one type of damage into their resistance so that is why you are getting better AR from it. At high SLs the GSoA damage output will slowly overwhelm two types of resistances as you level-up - its a very destructive weapon once you get your stats matched up with the weapon's scaling.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=263770101
    Thats the actual build if you want to see it. It was the build I planned to level up continouously to maximise the GSoA's potential but its hard getting souls with the build, even if I switch out the wolf ring for DWGR. Any suggestions?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 pm

I assume you guys take no offense to me camping out in the forest for 1v1 duels right? Of course thats assuming your fellow hunters don't 2v1 but what can you do. Quite honestly I need souls and pvp practice with my Ricard's Rapier so it seemed like a good way to get both. I just figured I would be polite and ask.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:03 am

Motopsycho wrote:hey guys. Long time no hunt!

Been addicted to the burg, but i just made a 50 INT build, and thats pretty hard in there, so i decided to go back too my roots. And Wow, i gotta say i missed it.

Forgot how stupid gankers are and how satisfying is to destroy them. Haha.

Question though, have you guys have encountered a bunch of rage quitters? Because today its been like.. damn, gimme my souls.

Welcome back to the forest bro - I can never leave it for too long either. Yeah - disconnecting is a sure sign of camper desperation. I fought a camper today in a 1v2 - I invaded first played with him a bit. But the fool decided to try one of those lag teleportation moves (that is why y'all always see me with my shield or weapon up - I have been attacked and killed by the trick so many times) he did some damage to me with lag attack but luckily it did not kill me. Then once the other hunter and I closed in on him on the bridge behind Alvina's room he disconnected (he froze then slowly sunk into the floor). I PM'd him and said "You are now on my bang at all cost list!!". If you are going to do tricks at least take your punishment (i.e get banged) like a man when you get cornered.

Tricksters and disconnecters (just made up that word) gotta pay the price!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:I assume you guys take no offense to me camping out in the forest for 1v1 duels right? Of course thats assuming your fellow hunters don't 2v1 but what can you do. Quite honestly I need souls and pvp practice with my Ricard's Rapier so it seemed like a good way to get both. I just figured I would be polite and ask.

No problem bro. There is some good PvP action in the forest.Hopefully you get some honorable hunters so the bang isn't too bad. I suggest you summon a honorable minion to simply watch you back. I also get summoned as a red in the forest so I can get more battle practice so its all good. I show the blue or red I just want a 1v1 and things usually go smoothly. As long as you communicate your honorable intentions it should be all good. And for those hunters who bang you - make them pay the price like everyone else.

SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am

I try to. I tend to set up shop in the open area before Alvina and then when invaders spawn I wave them over (assuming they don't spawn by Alvina) and then bow. I allow them a moment to apply their buffs as well. I try to treat them as I would want to be treated so to speak. I can usually manage a 2v1 provided I'm not outleveled by them because the best players tend to want a 1v1 in my experience. Overall the forest is a good time. The gank is way worse for the hunters than the hunted; I invade there as a DM sometimes and it is a gank more often than not. I look forward to fighting any xbl hunters. For the Glory of Alvina - Page 11 3149687655
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:I try to. I tend to set up shop in the open area before Alvina and then when invaders spawn I wave them over (assuming they don't spawn by Alvina) and then bow. I allow them a moment to apply their buffs as well. I try to treat them as I would want to be treated so to speak. I can usually manage a 2v1 provided I'm not outleveled by them because the best players tend to want a 1v1 in my experience. Overall the forest is a good time. The gank is way worse for the hunters than the hunted; I invade there as a DM sometimes and it is a gank more often than not. I look forward to fighting any xbl hunters. For the Glory of Alvina - Page 11 3149687655

Perfect - that's they way it should be done cheers . Since you are on the XBOX send me your tag (PM me on the forum) and I will send you a friend request so at least you will know you can get a good honorable 1v1 from old Broke when we both are on.

#EDIT - I see your tag in your signature line so friend request is on its way.

Good times people that's all we are looking for.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am

Ha I sent you the pm saying that anyways. lol!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 am

Good luck sunlight, Broke is a pretty tough customer. and he wasn't even trying to fight me for the first half of our fight! Ill see if I can drop in at some point since the forest is my usual haunt winking
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 am

I spent a few hours in the forest and I must say I died to DW's more than hunters. My last match was crazy as we both had fast roll and were using precision weapons (he the shotel and me Ricard's Rapier). He used DMB and I used a charcoal pine resin (don't have DMB yet). We both rolled like mad men landing glancing blows but his DMB was my undoing; in the same amount of blows he landed drastically more damage than me. Still it was a fun fight and I messaged him afterwards to say gg and ask why a DM was invading as a red. He responded with a gg and that DMs just didn't get enough matches. I don't mind losing as long as it's a good match against a good opponent like that.

On a less positive note I noticed an annoying amount of afk hunters; at one point I had two afk hunters present at once. I gave them a reasonable amount of time to return but then proceeded to kill them when they did not. I could see them being a problem for hunters in a gank scenario where incoming reinforcements could be the difference between winning and losing.

I didn't run into Broke though; he got on towards the end of my time there. I will return there later though. I may need to farm humanity first though; my already limited supply is running dangerously low. I also may want to go get DMB before taking on a heavyweight like Broke.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 am

If you see an afk hunter dont give them any time, just BS them to death straight away.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:32 am

Well I prefer kicking them off cliffs but my rapier impedes that. But I dodn't give them too long just a few moments so that if they were just distracted or something they would pick up on it. Then I did as you said and killed them quickly.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am

If you BS them you risk hilarious misunderstanding's when others invade winking just saying silly
    also I can probably spot you some humanity at some point. dont have many at the minute so Ill be making a farm run.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks for the offer but I should be able to get some myself; sewer rats drop it often enough.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 am

Oh man that covenant war softened me up. there may have been more 3 on ones but the forest is still a cut above >.> going to get into a pvp mindset and vengefully whoop some ***.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:41 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:Thanks for the offer but I should be able to get some myself; sewer rats drop it often enough.

@Dan - flattery will get you everywhere LOL . Well I don't consider myself a great fighter - I just try to hang on until the "fight or die" instinct kicks in and just hope for a win. But I can say the majority of my defeats are against BS fishers - I am still trying to figure out the best way to punish high-poise BS fishers since it takes at least two hits from my Mura to get a stun-lock. So I'm basically either sticking with my pike longer in the fight (poking harrassment - a lot of campers get pissed at this which causes them to become mistake prone) or getting one slash with the Mura as they are approaching then I flip away.

@Sun - hopefully I will see you on soon so we can have a few 1v1 sessions. Also if you let me know your SL you can always summon old Broke (SL 309) as a red (or maybe a white if you need someone to watch your back against the gank) and we can duel to almost death (I have plenty of humanity so its no problem). And yeah - kill every ATK hunter you find - they deserve death (plus easy souls for you). But it can get you killed though as Dan mentioned earlier LOL.

Good times people good times.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:43 am

Haha broke I did get a free hit against you and you still beat me. BS fishing I can normally deal with... assuming the connection is tolerable. Lock off and keep swinging especially with nice wide arcs like the murko.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 am

Last night I ran into a, sadly, very skilled duo of campers that handed me numerous defeats. The biggest issue is that they were really attuned to spawn points and put you on the run immediately. I did get a victory against a sorcerer who seemed to have a lot more soul spears than is typically sane. He got one hit with that thanks to lag but his light armor was easy reaping for the Great Scythe. This weekend I'm gonna need to focus though......gotta do better than last night.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

1st commentary done - now to be uploaded - you will hear my beautiful british voice. It doesn't sound like me particularly - my mic appears to have risen my voice an octave but no biggie - I don't sound like a squeaky bastard :L Is rendering currently and will begin to upload soon - only is gunna be 15 mins.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

big grin I eagerly wait the slayer of 900 player's first full PvP vid big grin
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Its average footage for the burg - just really was a test on my ability to improvise during a comm, 5% uploaded.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:21 pm

So i beat O&S yesterday on my new forest hunter toon and my egghead finaly hatched to its full epicness. I was up for some fun and felt like trolling some people with the egghead so i did a few forest invasions at around lvl 40. I was fortunate to meet a new player who wasnt really good at pvp at all so i thought, lets have some fun with this guy. I parried the guy like 6 or 7 times and everytime, instead of a riposte i did the egghead kick attack on him! After those 7 times he got a bit scared of my crazy egghead i think and started running so i had to finish him of. I parried again and did a great combustion riposte on him to seal the deal.
    After that he sends me a message asking what that sick nasty thing on my head was and what it did. As i was in a trolling mood i told him i infected him with the egghead disease and in a day or 2 he would also get one and that there was no cure for it at all. I told him all he could do was start over and then the rage started. He send me a couple more messages saying how much of an ******* i was and calling me other names and after message #5 i started to get a bit sick of it and told him the truth that i couldnt infect him like that and was just trolling.
    I had a great night because of that guy lol!.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Bamjam wrote:So i beat O&S yesterday on my new forest hunter toon and my egghead finaly hatched to its full epicness. I was up for some fun and felt like trolling some people with the egghead so i did a few forest invasions at around lvl 40. I was fortunate to meet a new player who wasnt really good at pvp at all so i thought, lets have some fun with this guy. I parried the guy like 6 or 7 times and everytime, instead of a riposte i did the egghead kick attack on him! After those 7 times he got a bit scared of my crazy egghead i think and started running so i had to finish him of. I parried again and did a great combustion riposte on him to seal the deal.
    After that he sends me a message asking what that sick nasty thing on my head was and what it did. As i was in a trolling mood i told him i infected him with the egghead disease and in a day or 2 he would also get one and that there was no cure for it at all. I told him all he could do was start over and then the rage started. He send me a couple more messages saying how much of an ******* i was and calling me other names and after message #5 i started to get a bit sick of it and told him the truth that i couldnt infect him like that and was just trolling.
    I had a great night because of that guy lol!.

Bamjam - that is rich. You probably had that guy about ready to rage quite the game forever. I guess it nice encountering a player who is not familiar with the game especially if you can take advantage of it. That is the best story I heard in awhile. I still remember when I fought Dan - the sight of his head still haunts me LOL
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    SunlightCrusader wrote:Thanks for the offer but I should be able to get some myself; sewer rats drop it often enough.

@Dan - flattery will get you everywhere LOL . Well I don't consider myself a great fighter - I just try to hang on until the "fight or die" instinct kicks in and just hope for a win. But I can say the majority of my defeats are against BS fishers - I am still trying to figure out the best way to punish high-poise BS fishers since it takes at least two hits from my Mura to get a stun-lock. So I'm basically either sticking with my pike longer in the fight (poking harrassment - a lot of campers get pissed at this which causes them to become mistake prone) or getting one slash with the Mura as they are approaching then I flip away.

@Sun - hopefully I will see you on soon so we can have a few 1v1 sessions. Also if you let me know your SL you can always summon old Broke (SL 309) as a red (or maybe a white if you need someone to watch your back against the gank) and we can duel to almost death (I have plenty of humanity so its no problem). And yeah - kill every ATK hunter you find - they deserve death (plus easy souls for you). But it can get you killed though as Dan mentioned earlier LOL.

Good times people good times.

Ha well my current toon is sl 80 working towards 120 and my highest is around sl 150 and I'm not capping him. You could technically rss me into your world. It's rather unlikely you will be able to FH me with such a high sl but stranger things have happened right? Well maybe not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm