Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 31 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 am

1st 0 poise FH fight, 1st 0 poise win big grin Was against a 2 vs 1 too.
    +9 pharis hat, +0 black tights, +15 MSGS and SLB.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:28 am

DoughGuy wrote:1st 0 poise FH fight, 1st 0 poise win big grin Was against a 2 vs 1 too.
    +9 pharis hat, +0 black tights, +15 MSGS and SLB.

Good job! Show them gankers whose boss!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:34 am

Being able to have hornets instead of DWGR is such a big boost. Im hitting 1500 on the BS with SLB on, one shotting most players.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:46 am

Nice job with no poise too. I love the Hornet for the Forest. It is hard for the host to spam estus when you've one-shotted the phantom.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 am

DoughGuy wrote:Being able to have hornets instead of DWGR is such a big boost. Im hitting 1500 on the BS with SLB on, one shotting most players.

The one ring I can't bring myself to use, but then I would have to up my level and drop ring of favour.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 am

I have RoFaP and it on tongue
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 am

DoughGuy wrote:I have RoFaP and it on tongue

Well, I use the Zwielhander (Curse my love for greatswords and amazing damage!), so I just don't parry often. Maybe I should drop the darkwood ring and try it out.

Edit: Yeah, not my style. I perfer cartwheels to fishing. Perhaps on my other toons.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 am

I am addicted to DWGR - all of my toons have it.I mainly use it because you can flip through many attacks.

As I have been playing with dual-wielding specifically using thrust weapons (spears, BSS)- the leo ring is the games best kept secret. I have been doing BS-like damage when I can catch my opponent attacking. Also the leo ring works with any thrust weapons - that includes t.knives, p.knives and arrows. I caught one invader rushing in about to do a lunge attack with my composite bow (and poison arrows) and did 400+ damage twisted . It was crazy.

I recommend anyone using spears and thrust type weapons give it a try.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:19 am

Ive actually never used the Leo Ring myself before , and now that I finally want to make me a Balder Swag Sword build Im going to try and incorporate it on that one :pirat:

I assume I'll pair it up with a lefthanded SKS just like you Broke tongue
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:54 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Ive actually never used the Leo Ring myself before , and now that I finally want to make me a Balder Swag Sword build Im going to try and incorporate it on that one :pirat:

I assume I'll pair it up with a lefthanded SKS just like you Broke tongue

@ Ziko - bro you are going to love the leo ring.I guess many players don't like using up a slot for it but trust me it is well worth it.

As soon as I get a MoF I will be testing out my Gravelord Reaper configuration which is just like your dual-wield set-up Ziko. Great minds think alike cheers .
    Pennder
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pennder Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 pm

I just joined the Forest Covenant yesterday, and I'm oddly loving it. I have been a Sunbro my whole time in game, on multiple characters, but at 120 I can't get summoned unless it's to gank, which I won't do. So I joined the Forest, and in spite of getting ganked to hell and back, I enjoy it! If anybody has any pro tips for me, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I'll be consuming Brokewilly's youtube collection, and bringing some (honorable) hurt! Cheers guys!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Pennder wrote: (honorable)

Might I recommend throwing this concept out the window? They will heal, they will fish, they will double team, and they will do whatever dirty tactic you can think of. Phantoms that used the BB glitch may have 98 divine blessings.

If you find yourself in a bad spot though. Use the Cats, the Mushroom Bros, Forest NPC's, and perhaps the good old go down the ladder and force or wogs.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Here are some basic tips when fighting the gankers: Don't feel bad for healing, running away or using the mobs to your advantage. Wasting their time is almost as important as killing them. If you feel you will lose, still try your best to waste their estus, divine blessings, humanity, spells, other consumables etc etc. You can be honorable, but don't let them make a fool out of you.

Learn different backstab techniques, dead angles, some set-up parry timings (bkga and katanas for example). Don't limit yourself to only 2-3 weapons, organize your inventory in a way that you can quickly swap for a specific weapon. For example, shotel against turtles, spear when fighting at bridges, bow when trying to keep distance or anything you can come up with.

Have some magic with you. Although, it is completely possible to have pure melee FH builds (i have some), sometimes some pyro or even just a Force let's you surprise them and gain the upper hand.

I'll add more if i come up with something. One might disagree with me, but these are things i've found useful.

Great to have you with us. Good hunting to you.
    Pennder
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pennder Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:29 pm

I appreciate this info guys. I actually just remembered one question I have... Is there anything a Forest Hunter can do while in a host's world that would get him kicked out of the covenant? For example, if I were to hit a FH npc while trying to hit the host?

Rudmed: I've begun to notice this. I've taken to retreating to forest npcs if there are two or more of them. I'm patient by nature, and I've gotten a few wins with the help of the cats, or by stalling long enough for another FH to arrive. The hosts really will do anything, I have to think of it less as a duel and more as a fight.

Fin: I do everything I can to make sure they know I was there. I'm learning the traps, and how to avoid them. My build will be able to use lots of weapon types, but as I'm still leveling up, I've been sticking with the weapon the build was made for, the DSS. Certainly not the best weapon for a FH, since we want to get damage in as fast as we can, but I do okay 1v1, so far. I do need to get some other weapons though, and magic too, you are totally right. A FH needs to have the ability to tackle any situation, and I need to work on that.

Glad to get into PvP in the Forest, on the right side!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Pennder wrote:Is there anything a Forest Hunter can do while in a host's world that would get him kicked out of the covenant?
    I don't think so. As long as you're in the hosts world, you can't do anything wrong.

I try to be honorable when i see a gravelord servant or anybody else who is clearly there for duels and not to gank.

You can use spears very well on the bridges. They are hard to parry so often you can mash r1 quite a bit before they can do anything to you. Just watch out for sorceries like css or other stuff like that. Also, be aware of your stamina. It's important to always have enough stamina for blocking or dodging.

Stunlocking works too on narrow areas. It's funny how often they fall for the oldest tricks. You know, run away from them, hide behind a wall, spam attack or pyros on them when they get close.. I remember when i stunlocked two guys at once right under alvina's eyes. It was glorius. Man i love murakumo. No wonder Shiva uses it.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Pennder wrote:I appreciate this info guys. I actually just remembered one question I have... Is there anything a Forest Hunter can do while in a host's world that would get him kicked out of the covenant? For example, if I were to hit a FH npc while trying to hit the host?

Rudmed: I've begun to notice this. I've taken to retreating to forest npcs if there are two or more of them. I'm patient by nature, and I've gotten a few wins with the help of the cats, or by stalling long enough for another FH to arrive. The hosts really will do anything, I have to think of it less as a duel and more as a fight.

Eventually you will be able to take them both on by yourself, but this isn't required by any means. Trust me they're very afraid of you, and any help you can get will even the odds. They will sometimes charge after you in the dumbest situations. You run into 5 tree people and I've had people so desperate to kill me they ignored the tree people. They die quickly and allow you much more breathing room.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Forest = anything goes. Turtling, running away, wasting time is actually a good strategy, since the longer you are in their world, the more chance of another blue invading to hep you.

I should top 100 kills tonight. Another milestone.

I killed my first 713 too (unfortunately, he wasn't very good).

Favorite battle. Someone with a Great Shield of Artorias and BKGA. He cast Vow of Silence. He positioned himself just off the stairs at the start (where you stand to do the soul farming trick). He thought he was invincible. HAHA. I walk up to him and hold Block. You can guess he did. R1 spam. You can guess what happened - parried. I so love that weapon.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm

It's probably the worst place to go in pvp big grin

By the way guys... Is it possible to get to the area where those giant cats are. I swear i have seen a forest hunter there once. But i just can't find a way there.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Reached 104 kills last night. Got hatemail (calling me a [whimp] (my word)) because I want after a host while another blue was fighting him. Ironically, when I next invaded him, he was already jumping another blue with his phantom. Classic.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Yeah, sounds familiar. It's ridiculous. I usually don't bother replying anything to them. Unless i'm trolling.

I found a way to those cats i mentioned earlier. The jump is extremely tricky, so it will take some practice. But it could be a nice place for safe healing.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 pm

FinPeku wrote:It's probably the worst place to go in pvp big grin

By the way guys... Is it possible to get to the area where those giant cats are. I swear i have seen a forest hunter there once. But i just can't find a way there.

Jump like a shortcut? You could just take 1 of the two direct routes.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:56 pm

...Is there a direct route there? big grin

I mean the upper area where they are waiting before charging at you. If there really is a direct route there, i feel very stupid.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:21 pm

FinPeku wrote:...Is there a direct route there? big grin

I mean the upper area where they are waiting before charging at you. If there really is a direct route there, i feel very stupid.

I didn't know you could get up there, I was talking about the area where they come down at.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Pennder wrote:Is there anything a Forest Hunter can do while in a host's world that would get him kicked out of the covenant?
    I don't think so. As long as you're in the hosts world, you can't do anything wrong.

I try to be honorable when i see a gravelord servant or anybody else who is clearly there for duels and not to gank.

You can use spears very well on the bridges. They are hard to parry so often you can mash r1 quite a bit before they can do anything to you. Just watch out for sorceries like css or other stuff like that. Also, be aware of your stamina. It's important to always have enough stamina for blocking or dodging.

Stunlocking works too on narrow areas. It's funny how often they fall for the oldest tricks. You know, run away from them, hide behind a wall, spam attack or pyros on them when they get close.. I remember when i stunlocked two guys at once right under alvina's eyes. It was glorius. Man i love murakumo. No wonder Shiva uses it.

@Finpeku - sorry bro I downgraded your response to Pender by mistake. My cursor is haunted!!Again apologies.Can you reverse a down vote?

@Pender - Finpeku mentions some excellent rules to go by in the forest. Also, you will notice some hunters host in the forest but yet they still bang.These type of hosts will stay near the stairs but if they do get over zealous and chase a invader to the human NPCs it can be gift from heaven. If you notice the NPCs do not move (because the "evil" FH host is in the cov) you can use the NPCs as shields and if the "evil" FH host hits a NPC by mistake he immediately commits a sin and is kicked out the covenant. Now all of the human NPCs will turn hostile and attack the ex-FH twisted . I have seen many vids show this happening - it is very funny.

Also, don't engage GLs who are actively cursing (black billowy flaming aura) unless they are looking for 1v1. This is a great time to get some dueling experience. Every once and awhile take a trip behind Alvina's to see if there are any black phantom mushrooms - gankers hate these.

And remember always use the environment to your advantage.You will be killing a lot of gankers this way.

Keep at it and eventually you will love fighting the gank!

For the glory of Alvian!!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Brokewilly wrote:sorry bro I downgraded your response to Pender by mistake. My cursor is haunted!!Again apologies.Can you reverse a down vote?
    No problem big grin I don't think you can but it's not a big deal.

Indeed, using the environment is very important. I die almost every time when i try to fight the gankers at open areas. Except when there are some npc's or other enemies on my side. It's easier to avoid getting backstabbed if you have some trees and stuff around you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm