Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 37 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:your current FH is still viable also http://tinyurl.com/8at3hx6

Infamous - damn bro - that is right on the money Prostration .I have a lot of testing to do with both of my toons. I'm about to make a SL80 toon so I need to make sure I take into consideration no DWGR.

Thanks bro.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 pm

haha - its fine, I remember my ole' willys needs xD

Back to my old idgaf nature - innuendos and all are back in the repertoire
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:haha - its fine, I remember my ole' willys needs xD

Back to my old idgaf nature - innuendos and all are back in the repertoire

@Infamous - ok my GL is good to go with the configuration you recommended.I can even wear the DWGR and still get to 57 poise with Wolf Ring and achieve the future 25% weight restriction - so I can be flipping fool if I want to be twisted . Oh happy days!!!

Now my hunter is whole other story since he was my 1st toon his stats were not applied as efficiently so I'm going to have some work to do him. But hey there is hope.

Bro - you are a well of knowledge and wisdom cheers .
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Haha - its what I do Ken, it's fun to help people out sometimes - though being a c*nt always is a great bit of fun aswell :roll:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Decided to do some pvp in the forest with my new 55 as a host. First guy who invades is a fat roller around SL 50 with a halberd. He does jack all damage to me even on a BS. I felt bad for killing him actually. Second guy is turtling, so I fight him fo ra bit when a second FH invades. Knowing I dont want to fight a turtle and a second person I quickly BS the turtle but the second hunter arrives too quickly. They also happen to be a turtle. So I spend a few minutes dodging before I kill the first and then duel the second for a bit before getting fed up and BSing him as he refuses to loewr his shield. A fourth hunter then invades, they spam sorcery while running away and I have to BS them to do anything, as they simply shield while they arent casting. 5th guy gets a hornets ring BS and OHKO's me with a rapier.

Overall very dissapointed with our fellow hunters. I actually bowed to the second and fourth guys and they still refused to fight well, normally isnt the right word but it gets the idea across.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Overall very dissapointed with our fellow hunters. I actually bowed to the second and fourth guys and they still refused to fight well, normally isnt the right word but it gets the idea across.

Dough - bro I know what you mean. I got ganked twice this morning so I summoned a friend as red and mistakenly double-teamed a blue (I him fought him earlier though) to death. I thought he was one the guys from the earlier ganks. When I reviewed the tapes I realized it wasn't him (he actually fought be rather fairly - other than the chain BS he killed me with :shock: ). I PM'd him my apologies - told him all of y'all are wearing either havels or giants so you all look the same to me. I told him if he invaded me again I would drop him a slab. Then right after my homie and I both got killed by evil hunter hacker - what a way to start the morning.

Some of these hunters are freaking ridiculous.I guess most have succumbed to hunter PTSD I guess.
    Kurai Tsuki
    Kurai Tsuki

Post by Kurai Tsuki Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 pm

twisted Dark moon is the best covenant.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Begone foul heathen of the invades lower levels covenant!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:00 pm

True dat. Alvina's followers are the ones who hunt real sinners.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 am

I have pretty much turned to forest hosting to switch things up these days...I gotta say at certain time slots the hunters/darkwraiths are rutheless!

they will employ the cheapest techniques/turtle/spam/gank ect...I have ways to deal with these people....but I sometimes don't feel right about it...even tho I am solo lol!!!

I may make a video showing the struggles of hosting the host solo...but I don't know how it would be received...does being ganked give you the right to throw the rule book out?

I think so but that is also why I got to the forest...to do what ever I want however I want....I don't follow anyones code of honour in the forest...I am simply there to kill!!!!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 am

I;d like to see a vid of a solo host Dark. If you've read the last page you can see i tried it and got ganked as soon as there were 2 hunters. Its a hard thing to do, throw out the rulebook, I kept hoping they would start fighting "normally" so I wouldn't have to resort to BSes and the like but no luck.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:44 am

I think I will dough I have been hosting solo now for awhile and let me tell you its hard at the best of times to host solo...a hunter will wait his turn and a darkwraith will try to jump me ect!!!

You have inspired me to make the video...its going to be so funny dude...I was hesitant but you know what I just don't care sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures...and I a darkwraith after all we kill without remorse....
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:53 am

No ways... I have been ganked there by FH every single time...
    Not once have they waited their turn... sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 am

DarkW17 wrote:I think I will dough I have been hosting solo now for awhile and let me tell you its hard at the best of times to host solo...a hunter will wait his turn and a darkwraith will try to jump me ect!!!

You have inspired me to make the video...its going to be so funny dude...I was hesitant but you know what I just don't care sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures...and I a darkwraith after all we kill without remorse....
    cheers
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 am

Ya jovi about 70 % of the time I am getting ganked when hosting solo...even when one of the 30% waites there turn...the next vader doesn't lol!!

Video to come soon I have all the footage almost 30 vids from 2 nights in the forest....I just lost it a few nights ago after getting 3v1'd...usually its only the 2 but the gank was thick this day...my vengence was brutal to say the least!!!
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:01 am

Yess... Will be awaiting your vid Glatts...
    Ok so now that you are done with that video of yours....
    Come visit PW and duel us :p
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 am

I wait my turn when FH'ing but it doesnt happen much when hosting unless I run into someone I know from here silly
    as for hosting.... I hate to say this but its more common getting ganged than if you invade nowadays. :pale:
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 am

DarkW17 wrote:I have pretty much turned to forest hosting to switch things up these days...I gotta say at certain time slots the hunters/darkwraiths are rutheless!

they will employ the cheapest techniques/turtle/spam/gank ect...I have ways to deal with these people....but I sometimes don't feel right about it...even tho I am solo lol!!!

I may make a video showing the struggles of hosting the host solo...but I don't know how it would be received...does being ganked give you the right to throw the rule book out?

I think so but that is also why I got to the forest...to do what ever I want however I want....I don't follow anyones code of honour in the forest...I am simply there to kill!!!!

@Dough and Dark - well here is a vid I did a few weeks back of my struggles hosting in the forest. I don't really mind the gank because I see it as real-world practice fighting multiple opponents. This is my GL toon so the chance to fight the gank is great experience for dealing with multiple SoVs:

https://youtu.be/K8_ucZQwydU

Enjoy!

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 am

I remember watching that for a bit, but my net was super slow so I didn't get too far in. It was fun to watch what I could, I'll have ot remember to watch the rest when I can.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 am

Hey broke vids great so far...lol at work so ill have to finish it later!!

Ya man I have no problem fighting 2 people without lag....its the teleport lag hornets BS's against 2 people that irritate me!

Or the guy that rushes in while I'm in the middle of a good duel with an honest hunter that I don't wanna heal in...then I decide to try to quickly back off an heal at the last minute and get killed!

The day I made the recording my have been the toughest day I have ever had as a forest host....at a certain point I was just like if all you people wanna do is hornets fish and gank me...you'll have to find me 1st...then when you do you many not like the outcome!!! Lol

Happy hunting
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm

IMO . . . .

Honorable hosting brings down the "feel" of the forest. The feel is outright war. Revenge on those who ganked us (on both sides, lol). No holds barred and savage. After all the subjective duelling rules (you know, the sliding scale of what is cheap, OP, etc), it feels great to have no rules.

Not having to worry about will this weapon/technique be considered cheap, looking forward to the indictment message, getting your tail kicked and desperately waiting for an invader buddy to help out. Getting that invader and, without talking, automatically know how to work together to separate the host and phantom, and either turtle the phantom until the host is dead or killing the phantom and doubling against the host.

Trying to trap the host and phantom(s) in the environment (trees, giant mushrooms, cats, etc). Figuring out their ganking tactics and adapting to them, only to have them adapt to my adaptation, and round and round.

Deaths = no big deal. Victories are elating, knowing the odds you just faced.

That's what Forest PvP is to me.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Ya I guess I am trying to say basically the same thing Reim...when I enter the forest I take no prisoners and kill everyone any way I want...even if others think my methods may be 'cheap' at times I care little!

If I don't bow I emply no honour and non should be ecpected... and unless I know the hunter I don't bow to anyone...I learned that long ago!

I tried about twice to bow and duel in the forest....but I learned quickly that is not the point of being in the forest....its what Reim say all out warfare kill or be killed by any means!

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 am

@ Reim and Dark - I agree with both of you to a certain extent. I basically reflect the intentions of my opponent(s). If they heal, I heal - if they BS fish, chain BS then I will do the same. I do try to give most of my opponents a chance to show thier true colors even though some of my opponents have suddenly turned evil when another phantom invades. In short I use the forest to stay frosty and prepare for my curse walks in other parts of the game. Its a great warm-up area before u participate in a FC or dueling with friends
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 am

Ya I mean don't get me wrong Broke I'm not a complete jerk...if the guys trying to be fair ill finish the fight fair and bow if times permitted!!

But I don't follow any honour code for the most part like I would else were...i have given far to many hunters the benefit of the doubt...only to have them continue the 'fair fight' when there bro shows up!

I say go into the forest and break out of the 'honour code' and have fun...whatever you personally consider fun!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:01 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Ya I mean don't get me wrong Broke I'm not a complete jerk...if the guys trying to be fair ill finish the fight fair and bow if times permitted!!

But I don't follow any honour code for the most part like I would else were...i have given far to many hunters the benefit of the doubt...only to have them continue the 'fair fight' when there bro shows up!

I say go into the forest and break out of the 'honour code' and have fun...whatever you personally consider fun!!

Great minds think I like happy Yeah - I try to have as much fun as possible while avoiding the bang.But my love for the forest is eternal - no matter what my opponents do - fun is the name of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am