Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
reim0027
Spurgun
Jovias-86
WyrmHero
8 posters

My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build Empty My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:16 am

Before making any more builds I need to this. I need to force myself to learn roll bs. I get so frustrated by it that it's time to do it myself.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1740130396110644

I should begin with the flip right because I think it's more easy to do that way. Suggestions on weapons and ugly armors.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build Empty Re: My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:15 am

lol Wyrm...
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build Empty Re: My do it or get killed roll backstab practice build

Post by Spurgun Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 am

Why do you have to make a build just to learn it?
    And you can just ask someone if they want to spar with you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 am

Get your poise to at least 56, if not 77. Drop the parrying dagger. The timing is different compared to medium shields and target shields. The recovery time after a missed parry is also longer, so people will just walk around your miss and BS you.

BK kinda sucks as a PvP weapon. You will be too predictable, and BSing will be harder.

Honestly, if you really want to practice, get weapons you are comfortable with and use them. You aren't looking for OHKs, you are looking to do as many BS as possible. Killing your opponent is counter productive. Plus, using weapons you are comfortable with will help you practice avoiding BS as well.

TL;DR - don't make a new build just for BS practice in the Burg. Use your normal build and attempt more BS.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Lesson 1 about Backstabbing. Drop the dagger. Why? I know what you're up too, I know how that weapon works and its limitation, and I'll fish you for a backstab and counter it.

Weapon for Training BS. Bare hand + Flip Ring. Why? You want to practice as many time as possible, not kill the fella and restart.

Where to start training? Remember the Firelink first Hollow Soldier you killed? Yeah, they probably be a good start for your roll bs. Kill all but leave the weakest and try to roll bs by the cliff. Teach you space management while your all flipping around.

Once your okay, get some move and confident going. Let say you get to Roll BS 2/5 attempts consistently.. then go to..

Dark Anor Londo for Iron Knight (kill the Balder girl). Why? He got some similar moveset like players does, and his slow.. so you can practice and get your timing right.. once you get to roll bs 2/5 attempts consistently..

Try Balder girl.. She move faster, some rapier moveset, and she parry.. so you got to get your timing better or get punish.. once you get the confident move on to PVP.

Your first week in PVP is hell.. you will have temptation to kill someone with a straight up fight, you will lose fight and get counter because your attempt to roll bs.. Don't and endure it.. learn exactly the mistake you done, time your movement more, learn all the weapon moveset, and how you miss to land the hit..

Once your pass that 1st week, you should be able to do RBS quite easily.. then start to learn the complexity of mind game, fishing, counter a counter bs, stuff like that..

and Have Fun!
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Regarding your build.. assuming your already good at roll bs.

1) Drop the Ring of Favor and switch with Dark Wood.
    2) You need more poise, as much as you're not expected to be hit by Big weapon. You still get occasionally hit by weapon like MLGS, Claymore, Katanas while lining up a BS. You don't want to be staggered at the moment. Plus remember you need Poise to do Run Up Stab, some weapon are exceptionally weak to such method
    3) Your Endurance is overwhelming...
    4) Weapon of choice must be weapon that can multi-tasks. Thus weapon like Great Axe, Spear, Ultra Great Sword, Claymore are all good weapon.. nice reach, good moveset and decent Bs damage

Lastly, Backstab is only 1 of the strategy, you need to be able to fight an opponent face to face, need to have variety of play style. Do not depend 100% on Roll BS to win. Once you become predictable, most good players can make that your weakness.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I practiced on the Silver Knights in Anor Londo. That's where I recommend.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I can spar with u if you want, itd be interesting to learn as well.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm

roll BS is even easier than Pvot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh8fZzB8s8U&feature=g-user-u

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 am