Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BackwardsBaboon
7 posters

Overleveled?...or just that good?!

BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Overleveled?...or just that good?! Empty Overleveled?...or just that good?!

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok so I am on my 3rd attempt at a 1st playthrough (had 2 characters on my friend's ps3 before I bought my own.) I am now farther than I was on either of those characters. Although my first attempts at the tower knight did not go well, during this play thru I have beaten tower knight, phalanx, armored spider, adjucator, fool's idol, and even the flamelurker, all on my FIRST try! I've been trying to avoid spoilers, so I can encounter everything on my own. That being said, I really don't know the common SL's for each area. Right now I am SL 31, pure melee except for a crossbow & non-offensive miracles. Am I leveling up too fast or just getting better?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Overleveled?...or just that good?! Empty Re: Overleveled?...or just that good?!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 pm

I think you're just that good.

Huzzah, for killah skillz!
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Lol! Idk about all that but I remember when I first tried DeS (after hundreds of hours of DkS) I was like "Damn this $h!t is HARD!) Tower knight squashed me like 4 or 5 times & the mobs just tore me up! I guess the main thing to get adjusted to really is having no poise!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:02 pm

If you've beaten some of those bosses before, it's probably just that you're now familiar with how to beat them. Overlevelling has nothing to do with it, especially since Demon's Souls allows more freedom in area choice and so doesn't really have "standard soul levels per area." You just got real good at beating those bosses since you've done it before happy
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah, the hardest part of going Dks -> Demon's Souls is the lack of poise. I hate getting stunlocked so frequently.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 pm

I'd never fought the spider or the infamous flamelurker though, but I solo'd them on the first try. If I really am starting to "get good" then I sure as hell wish some of that skill would translate over to the realm of PvP!!!
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 am

do not bring up flamelurker 0_0 *in paranoid voice* dun dun dun.......dun dun dun dun dahhhHHHHHHHHH
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:25 am

I remember I was like SL60 before I killed flamelurker lol silly I was terrible my first playthrough, then the second character I dropped down to SL40, so you are doin good!
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:17 am

i usually do this for a start: 1-1,1-2,2-1,3-1, 2-2...
    i leave shrine of storms and then 1-4 for last
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 am

1-1 2-1 1-2 2-2 2-3 3-1 3-2 3-3 4-1 5-1 then whatever i want

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm