Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Codemaste119
FellipeMariano
Artoriasflagg
The_Flail
WyrmHero
CaligoIllioneus
Cham
samster628
DoughGuy
Shkar
skarekrow13
Madara
16 posters

I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo

Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo Empty I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo

Post by Madara Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:44 pm

I believe that the sealing waters of the darkroot basin were once used to seal blighttown and in turn the Demon Ruins. I believe after the Chaos Flame engulfed Izilith and her children, Blighttown was flooded in order to contain them. The Blighttown pus is reminiscent of Mud which was once submerged in water. The wooden scaffoldings were used to get around because of the water had sealing properties and hence if you were caught within it you wouldn't get out. I think that's the reason you die every time you go into that water you don't swim. All water you see in the game seems to be linked to the Darkroot basin. Maybe the waters sealing properties is the reason Oolacile set up there?

The Kings posed more of a threat and so they had to divert the water and Blighttown was freed and the undead were infected to create those monster-like undead, and created the insects that produce Chaos fire from there mouths along with every other creature in Blighttown. On top of this the Demon Ruins became unsealed allowing Demons to escape. Maybe the reason Yulva the Sealer came to Blighttown is because he/she felt responsible for the damage that was done and came to Blighttown to try and repair the damage.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo Empty Re: I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

That's all well and good and I like the theory but I will dispute that the water in either area had any special properties. Well I guess B'Town became toxic at some point. Based on the dung pies in the area my guess is it's sewage gone horribly wrong. Anyway, there's much lore in the world that states evil entities, cannot cross water. Sometimes this means moving water (vampire lore) or blessed water (demons) or otherwise. Water is often held as holy or symbolic of purity, etc. etc. None of that provides anything contrary to your theory but there are ghosts in New Londo that are submerged and rise to get you. My theory is that the ghosts are murdered innocents whose horrible demise makes them strike out in anger at the living. Not truly evil in other words. The Darkwraiths and Four Kings cannot cross the barrier presented by the water as they are the "villains" it was created for.

EDIT: Why are you -1 rep? I haven't seen you post anything crazy or made to cheese someone off. Weird. If you're not going for negative rep like Buggy did I'll owe you a +1 since you generally seem to post interesting things.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo Empty Re: I Think that Blighttown was sealed off before New Londo

Post by Madara Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:That's all well and good and I like the theory but I will dispute that the water in either area had any special properties. Well I guess B'Town became toxic at some point. Based on the dung pies in the area my guess is it's sewage gone horribly wrong. Anyway, there's much lore in the world that states evil entities, cannot cross water. Sometimes this means moving water (vampire lore) or blessed water (demons) or otherwise. Water is often held as holy or symbolic of purity, etc. etc. None of that provides anything contrary to your theory but there are ghosts in New Londo that are submerged and rise to get you. My theory is that the ghosts are murdered innocents whose horrible demise makes them strike out in anger at the living. Not truly evil in other words. The Darkwraiths and Four Kings cannot cross the barrier presented by the water as they are the "villains" it was created for.

EDIT: Why are you -1 rep? I haven't seen you post anything crazy or made to cheese someone off. Weird. If you're not going for negative rep like Buggy did I'll owe you a +1 since you generally seem to post interesting things.
    First of all i will ecknowledge the last comment, thanks for the words of praise, i don't even know how i got negative repped, i go out of my way not to say **** but ah well silly

Also i get what you are saying also about water being held as something sacred and being honest that seems alot more logical considering that most of dark souls hsd been drawn through our past history, religion and mythology. It seems more likely that you are right about that because it is something so simple with such meaning that the dev. team chose to put that in there silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 pm

You've basically just done lore if I'm not mistaken which is usually inoffensive but who knows. I've rubbed people wrong too. Anyway, back on topic. Multiple floods is not something I had really considered before so definitely an intriguing concept
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:You've basically just done lore if I'm not mistaken which is usually inoffensive but who knows. I've rubbed people wrong too. Anyway, back on topic. Multiple floods is not something I had really considered before so definitely an intriguing concept
    If you consider the Geographical position it makes sense. Geography isn't something people have really considered much silly It makes sense considering that Chaos would most certainly have posed a threat to the gods.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Madara wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:You've basically just done lore if I'm not mistaken which is usually inoffensive but who knows. I've rubbed people wrong too. Anyway, back on topic. Multiple floods is not something I had really considered before so definitely an intriguing concept
    If you consider the Geographical position it makes sense. Geography isn't something people have really considered much silly It makes sense considering that Chaos would most certainly have posed a threat to the gods.

Blighttown strikes me as a simple swamp either caused by, or made worse by, sewage draining from the Depths. Most of the locations we see that would drain into the swamp come from the sewers.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 am

Shkar wrote:
    Madara wrote:

Blighttown strikes me as a simple swamp either caused by, or made worse by, sewage draining from the Depths. Most of the locations we see that would drain into the swamp come from the sewers.
    But apparently the Great Blight Pus came forth, if thats true how could it be sewerage if came so suddenly?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am

The blight pus was something eignyi had and that the white lady swallowed. It would likely be a parasite.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am

DoughGuy wrote:The blight pus was something eignyi had and that the white lady swallowed. It would likely be a parasite.
    The way Eignyi makes it sound, its like an event rather than a singular organism though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 am

Worse than Undead, we are diseased, and unwanted.
    Like the grime of the Great Swamp.
    But my dear, Fair Lady! She cried for me…
    And swallowed the great Blightpus, despite Mistress Quelaag's orders to the contrary.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2439-the-great-blightpus

The archives, where everything is already answered silly
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

DoughGuy wrote:Worse than Undead, we are diseased, and unwanted.
    Like the grime of the Great Swamp.
    But my dear, Fair Lady! She cried for me…
    And swallowed the great Blightpus, despite Mistress Quelaag's orders to the contrary.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2439-the-great-blightpus

The archives, where everything is already answered silly
    hahahaha good point silly Perhaps the great blightpus is a poduct of chaos, similar to the sunlight mggot?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 am

There is evidence of chaos influence in blighttown so its possible.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 am

DoughGuy wrote:There is evidence of chaos influence in blighttown so its possible.
    Exactly, the most prominent being those giant insects that eject streams of chaos fire from there "mouths" silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 am

I think that the chaos energy would be an equivalent to radiation (as opposed to the "safe" fire). Given that all the creatures resemble animals, it strikes me as the chaos energy "mutated" normal livestoxk into the demons, and or fused the residents with what they were near.

Quelaag and Quelaan were fused with spiders to become driders, ceaseless was near a ton of lava, and the witch herself was near a maggot filled archtree.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 am

Now you're being ridiculous......tell me one other time where a Japanese based story had a theme of benign creatures being mutated into crazy monsters because of the effects of radiation. Bet you can't name one. Ten? Maybe. But not one.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Now you're being ridiculous......tell me one other time where a Japanese based story had a theme of benign creatures being mutated into crazy monsters because of the effects of radiation. Bet you can't name one. Ten? Maybe. But not one.

Well, the radiation reference was just to put it in real life terms. Although I understand that you were just messing with me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 am

Yeah. I actually think you're probably right in that the chaos flame causes a kind of contamination and the radiation analogy works well.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 am

I agree with the reference to radiation, it would make sense considering the forms the kapre demon and Taurus demon take.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 pm

i think it does make sense that the chaos caused the blightpus infection. it prehaps is caused by the chaos warping the sewage in blighttown. i like the theory of blighttown being flooded but i dont beleve it because yulvas gear or indeed anything else doesnt really hint on blighttown ever being flooded. it does seem quite likly that someone tried to seal off the deamon ruins at some point though. maybe thats why qualeg set up her nest at the enterence to the deamon ruins? anyway +1 for a good theory that cannot easily be disproved
    Cham
    Cham

Post by Cham Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the way I see it

New Londo is flooded > Blighttown is formed from the survivors of the Fall Of Izalith = Undead Burg is built on top of where New Londo was.

It's thought by a few that the Sealer who you lift the set off of defected to try and ease the suffering in Blighttown with her Remedy sorcery, not knowing just how bad things were.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 am

i'm not sure the burg is built on top of new londo and i dont think blighttown was set up by the survivors of isilith. Blighttown has different arcitecture to iselith. its all made of wood and the few (half destroyed) stone walls you find in Btown are different too. Also there were very few survivors of isilith.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:53 am

Blighttown has different arcitecture to iselith. its all made of wood
    and the few (half destroyed) stone walls you find in Btown are different
    too. Also there were very few survivors of isilith.

I'm fairly sure those stone structures are the support structures of the big wall that can be seen around Undead Burg (most noticeable just before entering the aqueduct in Firelink Shrine). I made this small image using the 3D map so it can be seen a bit better. I assume this was a sort of shanty town outside the Burg, suffering from both the putrid sewage from the city and the chaos infection which comes from Quelag's Nest.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/WSVBN.jpg
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:
    Blighttown has different arcitecture to iselith. its all made of wood
    and the few (half destroyed) stone walls you find in Btown are different
    too. Also there were very few survivors of isilith.

I'm fairly sure those stone structures are the support structures of the big wall that can be seen around Undead Burg (most noticeable just before entering the aqueduct in Firelink Shrine). I made this small image using the 3D map so it can be seen a bit better. I assume this was a sort of shanty town outside the Burg, suffering from both the putrid sewage from the city and the chaos infection which comes from Quelag's Nest.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/WSVBN.jpg

Fun Fact: As has been discussed before, there is a VRY good chance that the Depths weren't actually sewers, but were more likely storm drains or something similar.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 am

I'm speculative to the theory because Blighttown has been always referred as the Great Swamp. It's just a pile of sh!t and disease that is home to the pyromancers. How the hell they lived there I don't have a clue.

The Demons weren't sealed in Blighttwon, they ran through Lordran but Gwyn's Black Knights slaughtered them in the chaos war. There seem to be a few survivors such as the Taurus Demon and the Asylum Demons but all the others were contained by the lava from Ceaseless and the Lordvessel yellow gate on the Demon Ruins entrance (near Demon Firesage). Quelaag, her sisters and brother escaped from Izalith when the Chaos Flame exploded and they settle near Blighttown and they were intelligent enough to not go any further. winking
    The_Flail
    The_Flail
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Flail Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 am

Actually, the Great Swamp is a completly other part of the world, that lies outside of Lordran.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm