Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ParasiticEve
callipygias
swordiris
JoeBroski09
sinisterapathy
Leeroy_Jenkins
11 posters

I hate patches with a burning passion!

Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

I hate patches with a burning passion! Empty I hate patches with a burning passion!

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 am

So my story starts with me strolling through the catacombs having a good time slaying some baddies. I get to the turn lever for the first bridge and I see patches through some rocks standing by the second bridge lever. I rush over there because I've never seen him there before and I was excited. I proceed to converse after pressing the bridge switch it goes normal he asks if I'm a cleric I say no normal stuff. But what frustrates me is that when I'm half way across the bridge almost within reach of the sword dance miracle and gravelord covenant he turns the bridge and i fall to my death normally patches silly harmless shenanigans amuse me but when he straight up kills me that's too far. Has anyone else experienced this and did you get as mad as me?
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

I hate patches with a burning passion! Empty Re: I hate patches with a burning passion!

Post by sinisterapathy Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:24 am

LOL this is the first encounter with patches...So ive heard anyway...Ive only ever seen him in the ToG. I hear that this is average though.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I hate patches with a burning passion! Empty Re: I hate patches with a burning passion!

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 am

Hehehe. If you spring across, I believe he can't get it turned in time, or if you pretend to go across, he'll turn it or something. I just know that the one time I saw him up there, I knew he was going to do something with that bridge. So, Idr what I did, but he didn't kill me big grin

Sux 4 u, tho.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:29 am

I think Patches is funny. On my third playthrough I kicked him into his trap in tomb of the giants for the lols
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 am

I love Patches because he gives me 18 humanity per playthrough.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:51 am

How do you get him not to do it?
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:57 am

The fact that he is such a good merchant is the only thing that stopped me from going right back down there and kicking his face off a cliff!
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 am

ParasiticEve wrote:How do you get him not to do it?
    I would like to know this as well. Also are there other spots I need to look out for him other than the tog thats all fun 'n games big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 am

i use that first bridge turn of his to kill invaders who follow me.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i use that first bridge turn of his to kill invaders who follow me.
    LOL ftw
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:20 am

You can skip Patches all together if you want. Like was said above, just sprint over the bridge if he's at the switch in the Catacombs. Then you don't need to bother with him in ToG if you don't wanna. But you can get A LOT from him, directly and indirectly.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 am

callipygias wrote:You can skip Patches all together if you want. Like was said above, just sprint over the bridge if he's at the switch in the Catacombs. Then you don't need to bother with him in ToG if you don't wanna. But you can get A LOT from him, directly and indirectly.
    Ya I know thats why I came and vented to the forum instead of kicking him to death.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:43 am

i hate patches cause no matter what he does, he gives me useful items.
    the first time i saw him at the catacombs i didnt die, i would be able to get to the other side running but there was a phatom with me and he stopped right in fronto of me, at least i fell in a lower ground, but not dead
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:54 am

Would you say you hate him with a burning ... patchession?
    silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:58 am

That deserves a positive AND a negative! Went with Positive, though.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 am

I slaughter that **** every time.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:03 am

Why in the... what did he do? What did... he... do?
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 am

I think I'm done with the anger I'll play again.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:35 am

^Always happens to me. Well, actually, I just don't get angry anymore. You build a numbness to it eventually happy
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 am

Patches is my Hero!

He helped me kill an invader once, he was going to do the bridge flip, I'm invaded, the bridge is down and people always use that as a shortcut.

:idea:

I wait at the beginning of the bridge for the invader, when he jumps down, I take a couple steps forward, and then back off. Seconds later Patches does his thing, for the win. winking
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 am

I wish I had an HDPVR to catch moments like that when I play. So epic big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm