Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
swordiris
BishopHavel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
VinheimProfessor
DamageCK
ZikoLogiKa NL
Bamjam
Federally
Forum Pirate
SpankyDmonkey
Reaperfan
Extertionist
Noob-of-Artorias
ROOSTER330
Leeroy_Jenkins
cloudyeki
dianaduh
JohnIII
23 posters

Which Type of the three magics is the coolest?

Poll

Which Type of the three magics is the coolest?

[ 9 ]
    Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_lcap21%Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_lcap28%Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_rcap [28%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_lcap51%Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? I_vote_rcap [51%] 

Total Votes: 43
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? Empty Which Type of the three magics is the coolest?

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 am

Which one is the coolest and why? I vote sorcery because crystals and turning into trees.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? Empty Re: Which Type of the three magics is the coolest?

Post by dianaduh Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 am

im completely devoted to pyromancy, the art of fire simply fascinates me
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Which Type of the three magics is the coolest? Empty Re: Which Type of the three magics is the coolest?

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:38 am

See my sig? Sums up my thoughts very well.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:02 am

Sorcery's have always been my favorite but miracles are starting to fascinate me more and more I delve into them especially the miracle emit force.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:27 am

Pyro, no question. Looks coolest (filling a room with flaming pillars is unbeatable and undebatable) and is the most widely used. Although throwing lightning and dragons breath are cool, theres just too many awesome pyro spells, and they can be just as effective as the other types of spells.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:48 am

Miracles, being able to heal as well as throw lightning spears and Wrath of the Gods is just too awesome for words.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:01 am

Anything but pyromancy, pyromacy is far to simple for my taste, also you must invest to use sorcery and miracles. I voted for miracles though because you get better weapon buffs, AOE spells, lightning bolts, and the greatsword dance.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:10 am

I gotta cast my vote for miracles. They do everything all the other schools of magic do, and even some things the others don't. Linear Projectile? Crystal Soul Spear, meet Sunlight Spear. AoE projectiles? Great Fireball, meet Emit Force. Incredibly damaging randomized channeled AoE? Fire Tempest, meet Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Damage buffs? Crystal Magic Weapon, meet Sunlight Blade. Defensive buffs? Iron Flesh, meet Great Magic Barrier. Quick, bursty AoE? Great Combustion, meet Wrath of the Gods. Healing? Just miracles. Projectile deflection? Just miracles. Debuffing the enemy? Just miracles. The only thing miracles can't do is inflict fire damage.
    SpankyDmonkey
    SpankyDmonkey

Post by SpankyDmonkey Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:30 am

Miracles definitely. Gravelord Greatsword just looks so insane. And man those lightning bolts, tough to hit in pvp but it absolutely decimates in pve with 10 casts for lightning and greater lightning. Not to mention the heal miracles which saved me plenty of times during my first playthroughs. Sorcery comes close second though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:38 am

Pyromancy. Because its fire.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm

I like miracles the best, but the question is which is 'coolest' and obviously throwing fireballs is the coolest.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I voted pyromancy for the coolest cuz it looks awesome. But for the magic i like the most i must say sorcery cuz its pretty damn effective, got long range that fireballs dont have and you dont need to join any covenant to get your ranged attack spells(lightning spears from sunbro's).
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Voted for pyromancy ,

this school of magic has such a large variety & is awesome in general because we worship the flame big grin

I hope Dark Magic will be a whole new school , and if so , that would probably get my vote
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Pyro, without question. It's completely viable all on it's own. Hell, it even has a buff.

And despite what some people say, while it doesn't REQUIRE super high dex to use, it's considerably less effective to use if you don't. To the point that it's basically an invitation to get BSed. For that reason, I consider it to have stat requirements.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Sorcery! Pyromancy is too limited (all flash, no substance IMHO) and Miracles are very hard to set up (have fun trying to get Karmic Justice to trigger, for example). Sorcery is the most versatile, which is why I've been pretty much a pure Sorc since the beginning. All I want them to do now is add a manual targeting function to really put skill into the use of them versus relying on the lock on.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 pm

The flames of hell of course.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Eh, I'm Ok with all of them. They all have spells I like and don't like.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Miracles all the way. Sunlight spear is the coolest magic there is!
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I say miracles.

People in this game hate miracles. Look at all the miracles considered cheap in pvp.

1. Tranquil walk.
    2. WotG
    3 all the healing spells (and this is miracles we are talking about.)

There is a reason people hate miracles, they are amazing.

Also Darkmoon Blade is my favorite buff.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

BishopHavel wrote:Miracles all the way. Sunlight spear is the coolest magic there is!

We're playing different games I think.
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 am

Crystal Soul Spear > Sunlight Spear!!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:54 am

Pyromancy of course. Everybody likes fiery explosions.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am

Guys, pyromancy by definition CAN'T be cool. Seriously, at it's lowest for maybe Flash Sweat or something I guess it could be called warm, but cool? No way.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 am

Still doesn't stop it from being the most badass reaper.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:52 am

cloudyeki wrote:Still doesn't stop it from being the most badass reaper.

But that wasn't the question of the thread, they explicitly asked for which type of magic was coolest winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 am