Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Whknight
Carphil
aceluby
JY4answer
RANT
Serious_Much
justwant2play
11 posters

Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield?

Poll

Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield?

[ 11 ]
    Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? I_vote_lcap65%Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? I_vote_rcap [65%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? I_vote_lcap35%Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? I_vote_rcap [35%] 

Total Votes: 17
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? Empty Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield?

Post by justwant2play Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 am

Do you guys miss it? Remember the devastation it could do with a powerful right hand weapon?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? Empty Re: Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield?

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 am

I miss the fact i never got to use it before it got nerfed sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? Empty Re: Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield?

Post by RANT Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 am

no, the only time i used was to farm twinkling and since you can buy them now i dont care much for it, i deff dont miss noobs using twop and the crystal ring shield combo.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 am

Serious_Much wrote:I miss the fact i never got to use it before it got nerfed sad

Same. Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? 2707236321
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I miss the fact i never got to use it before it got nerfed sad

Same. Do you miss the pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield? 2707236321

Thirded
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Yes, because I never saw on pvp, and helped me a lot to beat four kings
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes/no. Yes, because it made farming the npc darkwraith mobs in londo stupidly easy. No, because I still remember a few horror stories about how it got abused.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm

No, it made me not want to summon people. Nothing is as lame as having your fight with O&S or Four Kings ruined by some goofy sunbro spamming a shield attack. If they bring it back, they should give us a gesture for "put your stupid shield away, jagazz."
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm

strangejoy wrote:No, it made me not want to summon people. Nothing is as lame as having your fight with O&S or Four Kings ruined by some goofy sunbro spamming a shield attack. If they bring it back, they should give us a gesture for "put your stupid shield away, jagazz."

I don't think you would complain if you were fighting O&S or Four Kings at NG++++.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I miss it ohhh soo much! That was the only Boss item that was worth it!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm

justwant2play wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:No, it made me not want to summon people. Nothing is as lame as having your fight with O&S or Four Kings ruined by some goofy sunbro spamming a shield attack. If they bring it back, they should give us a gesture for "put your stupid shield away, jagazz."

I don't think you would complain if you were fighting O&S or Four Kings at NG++++.

If my only way to defeat them in NG++++ involves using a glitched weapon (it was an obvious programming error), then I shouldn't be fighting them in the first place. So yes, I would complain. :o

But to be honest, it was never a major issue with me. I only rarely saw people use it. When they used it in pvp, it always missed and often invited a backstab.
    Baynay
    Baynay

Post by Baynay Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 pm

I do, really helpful item, easy to dodge in pvp (and to counter with a free win BS).
    It was just to powerful and made a lot of things to easy, but he was nerf to much and now is totally useless.
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Boogerwood Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I've just never seen a patch decrease effectiveness by one orderof magnitude! Before I've seen walkthroughs where the shield does 500 dmg. Mine does 50. 50!!!!! WTF?? And I have a more powerful weapon than the dude in walkthrough. Oh well. Wasted Shards and chunks is all I guess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am