Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Buggy Virus
johnnyjwa
WarriorOfBenOwnage
Gazman0169
billy_bayonet
WyrmHero
DamageCK
Serious_Much
ZikoLogiKa NL
Forum Pirate
NR-K
15 posters

rage rant QQ

NR-K
    NR-K
    Addicted
    Addicted

rage rant QQ Empty rage rant QQ

Post by NR-K Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 am

So..

I think I don't like pvp anymore lol
    I mean i get ganked 2v1 all the time...
    My invasions never work so im always invaded...
    People crit me when they are in front of me or simply not behind me...
    I just have no idea what is going on in this game anymore.

Just seems very unorthadox way of pvping.

And the whole bow and respectable pvp crap is just silly. Nobody ever does it. When i try to clear an area of enemies i still get the invaders to chase me and eventually kill me with the help of their random enemy that I cant manage to kill without getting the invader to crit me

I'm just.. idk lol just seems like such a chore to see an interesting pvp happen in this game.

And as far as the eyes go I just dont get any blue phantoms to come at me. Just red... they are all red. And I'm really turned off at the power of the gravelord sword. Its not really worth it imo. Unless im missing something.

Anyways. Rage. Rage.

I just dont see my eyes really doing anything ever anywhere i go...
    (and i understand the whole pre-boss win thing)

My spells sometimes dont even work the way i think they should be. Like force is kinda bad. It just doesnt do anything to other players. I had two guys dancing around me with bare fists (since they decided i was THAT easy to fight) and im popping off force and its the equivalent of a small breeze or just something that does absolutely nothing...

And armor really doesnt do anyhting lol. Nobody does a mid roll. Nobody. There seems to be this meta for builds where u simply need light armor so you just dont get touched. Or boost your poise over 100 (which people seems to dislike since they just want to backstab u and get it over with).

lol so its a rant. I must not have some kind of lag switch everyone is using or something. Unless i'm really missing something. If anyone can help.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

rage rant QQ Empty Re: rage rant QQ

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:25 am

You are missing alot, but I'm not capable of describing it to you. Force does no damage.

Lurk here and watch youtube videos to see pvp. Learn from it and practice. It will click, but you will probably have to work for it.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

Yeah NR-K

if you are just starting with PvP it might be best to duel & practice with some friends or people from this forum first instead of randoms who will come at you hard instantly .

PvP can really piss people off at first , but trust me , you will become more aquainted with invasions and fighting other humans in general quite fast.

The GLS might not be the best sword to start PvPing with.

Force doesn't deal damage and works great against people who havee really low poise. Other then that , I think force only works against opponents with high poise when it's a ''counter-hit'' , meaning they had their guard down and were about to attack you , weapon allready swinging. Still I wouldn't recommend using force at higher lvl PvP , unless you use it to bait people into a wrath or something.

As for honoroble fighting .,

you will mostly only find this in the hotspots of PvP area's because most people who invade in other area's are just out to kill, sometimes by any means possible :|

Yeah there's a lot off a-holery in DS but that was also a huge part of the PvE experience at first.

PvP in this game is very unique and can be very satisfying and rewarding , and a lot of fun !

There are soo many different and succesfull weapon setups that you can create.,

Would be too bad if you'd quit before getting better at PvP , it is hard to judge if you would like it at all at this point.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

COvenant section? Really?

If you wanna try and get better at PvP without douche bags BSing you constantly, just add soem of the guys this forum and practice with them (except forum, I hear he's rather fond of BS silly )
    NR-K
    NR-K
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NR-K Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am

well thanks for the support guys

I was pretty upset sorry

all in all I understand a learning curve and can be impatient

thanks
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

You sound new. Tough it out. It gets better. Especially coming in this late, the learning curve is pretty steep.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 pm

I was the same when I started. Then I joined the Blades of the Darkmoon. My life changed, and I was punishing them instead. If you have any questions concerning your build just ask us we'll help.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

give the FC a looksie great place to learn the basics of PVP and also some more advanced stuff
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Send me a friend's request- Gazman0169, and we can then arrange to hook up and spar.

My main toon is currently at SL120, but I have another at SL16, which I am willing to raise to whatever level you're currently at, if it'll help you out.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 pm

id like to duel you my gazman, i have many toons at many levels some of them are insanely hard to beat and some of them are soo damn fun name your SL and desired location winking
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Well my SL120 toon is currently camped out in the Basin (as mentioned in my Profile Location), and I'll gladly spar with you anywhere from the Berg to Anor Londo (inc. the PWoA), but beyond that is currently closed off to me.

PSN- Gazman0169

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

The most important tip I can give you is to not care about wins or losses. In the beginning, try to win, but if you don't, instead see it as a learning opportunity. See what you can improve on in each fight, and what you can do better next time to get a victory. No matter what the enemy did to kill you, you are never helpless. You can always get a win, out of any situation. Remember that, and treat the game as a learning opportunity, and you will have a much better time.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Practice Practice Practice! Best advice I can give. I remember when I first started pvping I lost 99% of my matches. Also, try out different weapon types you may find one you have never used that you really like.

I find the best place to start pvping(IMO) is in anor londo around lvl 65. There seems to be a good mix of good players, 2/3v1's for a challenge, and bad players for you to smack around to keep your spirit up!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 pm

If you are having a hard time you should grab the DWGR, a giants set, and wear the mask of the mother's for an extra edge on those guys.

(I'm kidding)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm fond of anything that will let me 3 shot people with 2500 hp. I'm fond of the rtst, pw, sanctus, dusk crown, lingering ring combo too. 1 GC will hit for a little over 1000 damage. Gcfb for 1300+.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 am

Yeah the best tip bar none is to just not care. I get owned all the time by people with silly glass cannon builds etc, but that's more than made up for by the times I outplay someone 1v1 and win in a fair fight. So long as the average remains in the 'fun' side, you are ok happy
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Show your stats for your build, what weapons your using, buffs miracles sorcery. Telling this will help so you can more focused advice
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Also, don't get hung up on getting backstabbed. They are pretty broken. You can minimize how often they happen, but even after 100s of hours of PvP, watching videos etc, about 20% of the times I'm backstabbed seem like flat out magic tricks. Had one recently where I backstabbed a guy for enough dmg to kill him, and was in the process of kicking him off my sword when suddenly we switched places and I fell down and died. It was like fighting Jesus.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I sometimes feel a lot of us take this game too seriously. I'd recommend joining the forest covenant for a while, and just enjoying PvE with the ring always equipped. I'd genuinely say that the forest is the best place to learn all the tricks of the trade. You should be prepared to loose most PvP matches at first though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm