Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
RANT
ErrJon6661
gtsoldwolf
BeeSeaEss
Dubscythe
Rynn
Mike5005005
moomootv
Conrack
Tolvo
Argetlam350
densetsushun
WandererReece
Whintir
Doelker
Yarxov
Serious_Much
21 posters

Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark?

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark? - Page 2 Empty Re: Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark?

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Um, could you please replace the letter "e" with "3" or replace the "x" with "cks". I have a cyber nanny that blocks me from accessing a site page if it has teh word "s3x" in it...if it's spelled properly.
    :|
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark? - Page 2 Empty Re: Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark?

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

^ We could use gender instead.
    Wait, how did you even get on here?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:11 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:Um, could you please replace the letter "e" with "3" or replace the "x" with "cks". I have a cyber nanny that blocks me from accessing a site page if it has teh word "s3x" in it...if it's spelled properly.
    :|

Well, you are 14, lol silly
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm

I posted that becuz I was on the FIRST page of this thread, I saw that it was blocked so I knew that someone posted the word. silly So I Posted from teh first page...yea so clever 8)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm

^ Then how did you know I asked the question?

Minor gripes about demon's souls compared to Dark? - Page 2 3596227959
    gtsoldwolf
    gtsoldwolf
    Casual
    Casual

Post by gtsoldwolf Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I rather enjoyed the environment in Demons Souls a lot better than Dark Souls. The second game seems a lot more cheerful than the first. Another thing was the armor set's aren't as good in the second game. I find myself switching between armors every play through trying to find something half way decent.

I did enjoy how they changed the level up system in Dark Souls. I'd of liked more options? But, the fact you have to grind for 50+ hours for one stone seems a bit extreme. I like how the ladders have been improved. I didn't notice when I was playing Demons Souls the first time. After coming back to it after getting Platinum in Dark Souls I notice the difference. The big difference.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:18 am

WandererReece wrote:I liked the atmosphere in Demon's Souls better. It had darker levels then Dark Souls lol. I loved being summoned as the boss. That was the best idea they had. Why did they get rid of it?

I know myself and a lot of other people ended up having to play online because the people we'd be matched with were far better players. I got the game a year or so after release and it was hell trying to beat that boss the way it was intended.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 04, 2013 11:11 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:1. No poise...holy crap...wtf heavy armor=useless
    2. Climbing ladders was like a slow motion matrix scene
    3. Blue Blood Sword builds...ugh...
    4. Dem lag stabs are CRAY!!!
    5. Item Burden...come on, you can lift 0.5 more pounds.
    6. Segregating armor sets to different seckses
    7. Invader Insta healing...they should stop chowing down on duped darkmoon grass in my world.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!!The stupidest of them all...

Objective:
    Look like you are an octopus spider hybrid who obviously failed Pre-K

Step 1:
    Get a spear in the game Demons Souls, any spear

Step 2:
    Equip the spear in your right hand and Press triangle to two-hand the spear

Step 3:
    Hold the guard button. Now look in the mirror while you're guarding and tell yourself you look like a pretty princess

agree with everything but the armor thing, i loved than in demon's. look at dark and all those males with dresses *shudder* i chain bs anyone like that.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Whenever i go back to Demons i gotta re adjust myself to the no poise fighting system... that being said i really do enjoy playing my lord rydell build.. the iron knuckle on his left hand really comes in handy when you want to get a quick stun done.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 am

Dark Souls co-op is better as you can lay down your sign over and over, if desired. Same with DW invasions, invade over and over. DS, you have to kill yourself after every successful co-op boss kill or invasion host kill.
    While I like the fact that in DS, you regain your humanity. As a reward for successful host kill/co-op session, it just doesn't , promote online play like DkS does.

Ladders.

The atmosphere in DS is so much more eerie.

The Black Phantoms in DS are OP and I love it. DkS red phantoms are cheesy easy.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 am

My only gripe would probably be that I can't play with people all around the world, even though this makes the summoning system a lot easier when trying to play with people on my continent.

Also, beards are a BIG gripe in BOTH games.
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Thu May 09, 2013 7:20 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Also, beards are a BIG gripe in BOTH games.

One does not simply mention beards without criticising the awful hairstyles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am