Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
bloodpixel
siegfried78
figgey
Federally
skarekrow13
User
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RandelOolacile
ParallelDigital
15 posters

Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!!

Poll

Do you mind our updates?

[ 1 ]
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 24 ]
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap83%Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [83%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 29
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I still wonder how you guys are going to pull off a Taurus Demon let alone a Bed of Chaos.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!!

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Well probably they are going to be using more human enemies, and their own characters.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well probably they are going to be using more human enemies, and their own characters.
    This is true Tolvo. We are still trying to get a CG artist for MINIMAL things. I can't say much on the story yet, but it does focus on one man in the realm of Lordran, and his survival. It will feature hollows, undead assassins, and other familiar enemies. Obviously with as small of a budget we have, we can't have Quelaag or Kingseeker Frampt hanging out lol! But we will do our best to make due with what we have, and make that a true Dark Souls experience! Joy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Some minor monsters could be reasonable as well more so with make up if you guys have a good artist. But I imagine with making hollows and undead, their hands are going to be a bit full haha. I'm trying to think of a creature that might be a bit managable, hmm. Capra, if you know someone tall enough. Well not exactly capra, but if you know someone muscular, a big demon looking guy with some strong weapons. The right angles and lighting, you could make him look quite big.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

We are doing some tests with forced perspective, but if it doesn't look convincing enough, we won't put it in.
    We have gone through the art book scans, as well as the Dark Souls guide, and think we have some good enemies that we can pull off though.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:07 pm

New vlog guys! Enjoy how tired and exhausted we are! Praise the Sun
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 pm

As I said on the video, make sure to bring bug spray and water bottles! Sunblock couldn't hurt either.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:42 am

A quick pic from the set! Was a BRUTAL day..
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 Img_5310
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 am

I really like the neck cloth you got for that one, looks good. I just hope the bugs aren't too bad, it almost makes you wish you were filming in the winter doesn't it?
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 am

Tolvo wrote:I really like the neck cloth you got for that one, looks good. I just hope the bugs aren't too bad, it almost makes you wish you were filming in the winter doesn't it?
    We had some good bug spray haha! It sucked for our actors though. It was a nice 70/overcast but they were dying man. These 12hr shoot days are rough..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 am

Hopefully the passion managed to keep them focused, I'd just hate to see one of your guys collapse, it's never worth it to see someone get hurt. I guess in the grand scheme of things, 70 is kind of good for this time of year. Hopefully next time it will be even better.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:57 am

How many days of shooting do you think you'll need? And overall do you have a rough idea of when the film will be finished.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 am

DoughGuy wrote:How many days of shooting do you think you'll need? And overall do you have a rough idea of when the film will be finished.
    It's tough to say, since there are so many conflicting schedules. We are hoping for the first episode to be released before the end of the year, but it can go a lot of ways right now..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 am

Don't be afraid to take your time, if you do get done early, like abnormally early with the PC version coming out, that might be a good time to release it since people will be very interested in Dark Souls again. If not, when the DLC comes to councils would be a great time to release it.
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

A small album of photos we can show! Also, more on our facebook too! Praise the Sun
    https://imgur.com/a/pBznx#0

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ParallelDigital
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 pm

The shield and costumes are definitely looking good. For a moment I was actually going to mention maybe some darker make up for the face off the undead/hollow, but with that hood it wouldn't come up as well on camera would it? Though it might make them a bit mysterious in appearance if they are shadowed well. I must say though, the Estus does look a bit odd. But it's sort of hard to make an emerald flask that heals only the walking dead look realistic I think.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Looking good
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 pm

The pictures really look great! And ignore Tolvo about the estus as it looks better then I thought you'd come up with lol.

Very excited to see the first part of this
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:57 pm

I wasn't saying they did a bad job, just that such an item is really hard to make look realistic. It's kind of like trying to make a realistic looking cartoon character.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Well Tolvo, I like your avatar
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Hey guys! Long time no talk. We had our second shoot on Sunday, and will have some awesome pics up soon for you guys! So yeah, just letting you guys know we aren't dead (yet)! Praise the Sun
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Sounds good to me, can't wait to see them. Praise the Sun
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

the sword you have in the bonfire... looks just like the sword I have at home.... except mine is alittle rusted.... hmmmm I am going to have to check my shed.... lol

loving the armor! looks awesome!
    ParallelDigital
    ParallelDigital
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParallelDigital Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 am

PaPaSmVrf wrote:the sword you have in the bonfire... looks just like the sword I have at home.... except mine is alittle rusted.... hmmmm I am going to have to check my shed.... lol

loving the armor! looks awesome!

Well, we upgraded.. Praise the Sun
    Bugging you guys again with another MiniSeries update! Elite Knight set!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_m96vqmDgVq1rxwlvno1_500
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 am

When will this be ready?!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am