Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
FruitPunchNinja
RandelOolacile
SlakeMoth
7 posters

Bad idea or not?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Bad idea or not? Empty Bad idea or not?

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

A friend of mine on PSN is going for the Platinum and as far as I can tell he only needs the Knight's Trophy. To get this he needs The True Greatsword of Artorias and he is considering breaking down the Greatsword of Artorias to a broken sword and then using this to get the True Greatsword. I think this is bad idea, as broken swords are dropped quite often by hollows in the Burg and maybe he needs all three weapons in his inventory to get the Knights. Does anyone know if this is the case please?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bad idea or not? Empty Re: Bad idea or not?

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Knight%27s+Honor+Achievement+Guide

This should help. I would assume since it says collect that it means you have to have each of these on your inventory. I'm not positive myself, but considering that the broken swords are common drops just tell him to spend a couple of minutes farming the undead near firelink. He loses nothing with that, but if he descends the other artorias blade and then finds out he needs both he'll have to acquire another sif soul. Which is alot more work than farming undead. Hope this helps! =D
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:54 pm

"To get this he needs The True Greatsword of Artorias and he is
    considering breaking down the Greatsword of Artorias to a broken sword
    and then using this to get the True Greatsword."

huh? i think theres some confusion here. The cursed sword is made from pretty much any +10 straight sword great sword ext. the true needs to be made from a +10 sword hilt or broken sword. So why would he need to "break down" his cursed version.

Edit:ooooh does he think he will get his sif soul back if he turns his cursed gsoa back into the original +10 weapon? Ive actually never tested that, but im 99% sure that it doesnt work that way.
    Soul_Reaver

Post by Soul_Reaver Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Yeah im pretty sure he'll have to have both in his inventory at the same time, so I wouldn't suggest, degrading the weapon to make the other.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 pm

That's what I think, thanks everyone. I've already messaged him to advise against him doing this. I just wanted confirmation.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Knight's Honor: Must all be on one character.
    Prayer of a Maiden: Must all be on one character.
    Wisdom of a Sage: Checks all characters.
    Bond of a Pyromancer: Checks all characters.

Edited

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Lol I got the trophy and platinum and I didnt have both at the same time. Maybe a glitch, but the trophy popped nontheless.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:Lol I got the trophy and platinum and I didnt have both at the same time. Maybe a glitch, but the trophy popped nontheless.

yeah these glitches started occuring since patch 1.05

My girlfriend got Knight's Honour upon starting new game +.

After that she made a new pyromancer , as soon as she woke up in the Undead Asylum the ''aquire all pyromancies achievement'' popped up .

She also got Wisdom of a Sage in a weird way.

:cyclops:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:19 pm

^ lol, that kinda sucks. Getting the platinum was half of what made me really explore every aspect of the game. I remember being so tempted to rush to get it by upgrading weapons to max and quitting out so it doesnt go through but you still get the trophy. Im glad i got both the dark souls and demons souls 100% legitimately.....oh wait i still havent gotten that GOD DAMN PURE BLADESTONE!!! dead serious 3 days of playing for a like 4hrs each doing nothing but farming the BP dual katana skelly.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    TheBigLebowski wrote:Lol I got the trophy and platinum and I didnt have both at the same time. Maybe a glitch, but the trophy popped nontheless.

yeah these glitches started occuring since patch 1.05
    I got the plat before 1.05 and didn't have both swords. At one point I had a theory that you only needed a certain number of the rare weapons rather than all of them, but this was never confirmed or denied.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:35 am

I also got the platinum back in October but I had both of the Artorias swords in my posession.

I believe I had every weapon needed for the achievement at that point.

Yeah it sucks for my girl that the PvE achievements popped up from out of nowhere , but luckily she found a lot of entertainment through duelling in PvP so it's not that bad
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 am

Thing is, back in October, it was hard to be sure what was required for the trophy! I don't know if we know for sure now... But back then, there were a bunch of lists online and each one was different. That's why I thought you only needed a certain number of a broader list of weapons.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 am

I know that the required weapons list from Future Press's strategy guide is incorrect.

I think I followed a guide from trueachievements , and my achievement popped when I found the ellusive Channeler's Trident 8)

It was the only weapon I had left so I thought that guide was accurate at that point.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:06 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:You have to have em both at the same time , but you don't have to carry em all on 1 character

Is this true? That means I can use Sif's soul on my second character and it will count towards the Knights Trophy because I have two out of the three weapons required on my first. I can't see that being so, as I understand that all the rare weapons must be acquired on one character to get the trophy.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am

I was just searching the web for more accurate information since I allready completed Knights Honor back in October.

I remembered that ''stuff'' could be spread amongst multiple characters , but unfortunatly that might only the case for Wisdom of a Sage & Bond of a Pyromancer.

There are however several reports of people who say they did not get ''bond of a pyromancer'' while they had all spells spread out over 2 characters.

Knight's Honor: Must all be on one character.
    Prayer of a Maiden: Must all be on one character.
    Wisdom of a Sage: Checks all characters.
    Bond of a Pyromancer: Checks all characters.

I also found this :

Knight's Honor: Last weapon I forged was the great lord greatsword (and that pinged the trophy). I had the cursed astrorias and greatshield on this character and the true astorias sword on another, and the trophy still pinged. This either means you don't need both swords, or that the trophy can be split.

:roll:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Knight Honor can be picked up via DIFFERENT Characters. You actually AT LEAST need to play on NG up to Anor Londo (using the Gwyn Lord Of Cinder Soul to make the weapon). If you don't do the same weapon using the boss soul you can clearly use multiple character. Confirmed it myself by getting the Trophy on a Stone GreatShield Drop using a character that didn't have either Priscilla Dagger and Channeller Trident.

But a lot of people have had problems with this. So there might be some stuff that does count across all characters and some that doesn't. May it be the weapons that you create from boss souls ??

I said I was missing a Tail (Priscilla Dagger) and a regular drop (Channeller Trident). So either those two weapons aren't really needed (would surprise the hell out of me lol) or you can actually get the trophy using multiple character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading all this ,

I would recommend for you to take the safest route and just collect em all on 1 character Slake.

Channeler's Trident was definitely required for me because it was my last rare weapon , I had everything up untill that point. (regular Ghost Blade & titanite Catchpole are def not required)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:12 pm

It sounds a bit random to me. Maybe I'll go sacrifice a goat or something and perhaps the God of Gaming will smile on me. No, that I couldn't do that 'cos I'm an animal lover. Guess I'll have to keep on truckin' and hope for the best but thanks again.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:14 am

^The only sacrifice I know the God of Gaming smiles upon is all your free time. Give him that, and you'll achieve anything... in the gaming world. winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm