Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
TehInfamousAmos
Fotitudo
6 posters

    Buying demon souls and...

    avatar
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 146
    Reputation : -10
    Join date : 2012-07-03

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Fotitudo Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 pm

    So in 10 mins ill buy demon souls for my ps3, but i have a question. Like in Dark Souls i love my Mage, of course ill play in Demons a mage happy

    But idk how to level up, is it the same like in dark souls? And whats the "magic" stat?
    Increases it only my mp (i know the mp system) and my magic slots?

    And Royalty is the best class right?
    And increases dex also my casting speed?
    Which items are useful?

    I want to know everything about a good mage class happy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 30
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:31 pm

    Play blind man - it will make it all the more fun.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated


    Posts : 965
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-04-25

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:32 pm

    This game is more "HAHA, GOTCHA" than Dark Souls sometimes. Just a warning. silly

    Anyway, magic is Demon's Souls easy mode. You should go full melee/heavy armour for maximum manly-ness.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord


    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by ublug Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:02 pm

    Fotitudo wrote:But idk how to level up, is it the same like in dark souls? And whats the "magic" stat?
    Increases it only my mp (i know the mp system) and my magic slots?

    And Royalty is the best class right?
    And increases dex also my casting speed?
    Which items are useful?
    -Almost the same leveling system. Intelligence controls your MP amount and spell slots. Magic controls your magic power.
    -Any class can be a mage, but Royalty and Magician are the only classes that starts with spells and a wand.
    -Dex will not increase casting speed.
    -Essential mage gear: Fragrance ring, Spice, Ring of magical sharpness, Kris blade, Monk's head wrappings.

    Boss souls can also be made into spells, so don't eat them.
    A mage should do world 3-1 early, to get access to more spells and equipment.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Canterlot

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Reaperfan Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm

    ublug wrote:-Almost the same leveling system. Intelligence controls your MP amount and spell slots. Magic controls your magic power.
    -Any class can be a mage, but Royalty and Magician are the only classes that starts with spells and a wand.
    -Dex will not increase casting speed.
    -Essential mage gear: Fragrance ring, Spice, Ring of magical sharpness, Kris blade, Monk's head wrappings.

    Boss souls can also be made into spells, so don't eat them.
    A mage should do world 3-1 early, to get access to more spells and equipment.

    Basically what this guy said. An extra note about what he said though, if you're having trouble invading for the Monk's Head Wraps due to lack of players the Silver Coronet is also a decent headgear for a mage (though it's still not as good as the Monk's Head Wraps, so still try to get those winking).
    avatar
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 146
    Reputation : -10
    Join date : 2012-07-03

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Fotitudo Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 pm

    Thanks guy´s! I must say, i know all of the bosses and stuff. Ive spoiled me long time ago, and now im watching "lets plays" and stuff. And i know magic is the easy mode but every build in dark souls is a caster (Pyro or Int) and it makes way more fun for me. I love throwing fireballs or shooting shiny rays!

    Okay i knew which items i want, kris blade and ring of magical sharpness. The monk headpiece looks aweful, i also dont use the crown of dusk in dark souls for my male character...

    And which spells are the best one´s for pvp and pve?
    fireball, firestorm, homing soul arrow, ignite and soulray? I see Firestorm need 3 slots Oo ...
    So with 6 slots are fireball, homing soul arrow, ignite and soulray the best choice?

    And "cresent" weapons recover mp right? And cresent is a upgrade path? Like enchanted?

    Omg i love the mp system, even i dont play demon souls! You dont have to stack spells, and you can play pve as a pure mage!
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Bcc17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:38 pm

    The Monk Headpiece make look goofy, but it buffs your magic power 20% I think. Firestorm is pretty good for PvP as is Firespray. Take out homing soul arrow and replace is with soul ray, it's pretty much soul spear. And yes, the crescent upgrade path makes your weapons do magic damage and recover MP.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord


    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by ublug Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:36 pm

    Fotitudo wrote:And which spells are the best one´s for pvp and pve?
    fireball, firestorm, homing soul arrow, ignite and soulray? I see Firestorm need 3 slots Oo ...
    So with 6 slots are fireball, homing soul arrow, ignite and soulray the best choice?

    And "cresent" weapons recover mp right? And cresent is a upgrade path? Like enchanted?
    -PvE: homing soul arrow for bosses, and the rest are good as well.
    -PvP: soulray, ignite, fireball.
    -Crescent is like enchanted. You can find a crescent falchion at the start of world 4, players usually grab this weapon at the first opportunity. A crescent upgraded estoc is also a good backstab weapon for a mage.

    Sponsored content


    Buying demon souls and... Empty Re: Buying demon souls and...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am