Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
JY4answer
strangejoy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Alistairetheblu
Scudman_Slayer
Toastfacekillah
Serious_Much
reim0027
Glutebrah
RANT
Midgar
Blazefury
16 posters

Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is there a worse place than the Kiln? Empty Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Post by Blazefury Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Thread title says it all. From 20 duels today, around 10 were 1v3's, 2 or 3 I got attacked right after spawning (guy was camping right behind me). That left me with five fair duels. Record was something like 7-13, but still, it's such a irritating place after all. Invading there is just pointless.

On the other hand, I changed from Darkwraith to Forest covenant and even though there's the fair share of campers, you've got something to help you, since Forest enemies are kinda tough and the place is bigger. Plus there are times when the "cavalry" arrives, aka another Forest fella. Way funnier.

Anyway, this is not a Forest x Kiln discussion. Just tell me how you feel about the state of play in the Kiln these days. For me, it's almost unplayable.

PS - My bad, someone move this into the PVP forum, completely forgot about it lol.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Is there a worse place than the Kiln? Empty Re: Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Post by Midgar Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm

I've been there for 4 hours straight now. I think everything is fair game to be honest. I probably attacked two people right as they spawned, and jumped two more with other phantoms, whatever gets me souls and some practice in. I did learn how to avoid backstabs pretty well today though, especially double backstabs just from fighting one guy twice, he was really annoying. He just circled the entire fight trying to get a backstab, it worked well for him the first time, he didn't even get one BS in the second time because I just kept locking and circling with him until he swung.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Is there a worse place than the Kiln? Empty Re: Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Post by RANT Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 pm

yes, darkroot forest or whatever its called. go to the painted world, youre gonna find a lot more people wanting to have a proper duel and youll see some interesting builds there.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Midgar wrote:I've been there for 4 hours straight now. I think everything is fair game to be honest. I probably attacked two people right as they spawned, and jumped two more with other phantoms, whatever gets me souls and some practice in. I did learn how to avoid backstabs pretty well today though, especially double backstabs just from fighting one guy twice, he was really annoying. He just circled the entire fight trying to get a backstab, it worked well for him the first time, he didn't even get one BS in the second time because I just kept locking and circling with him until he swung.

Plz go. Jumping people with phantoms gets u practice at what?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Midgar wrote:I've been there for 4 hours straight now. I think everything is fair game to be honest. I probably attacked two people right as they spawned, and jumped two more with other phantoms, whatever gets me souls and some practice in. I did learn how to avoid backstabs pretty well today though, especially double backstabs just from fighting one guy twice, he was really annoying. He just circled the entire fight trying to get a backstab, it worked well for him the first time, he didn't even get one BS in the second time because I just kept locking and circling with him until he swung.

you just became one of the most hated people in this forum dude.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

you just became one of the most hated people in this forum dude.

You want practice? How about actually fighting someone.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 pm

I could care less, I got my souls and I got PvP practice in. This game is filled with crybabies, generally they are called carebears in real PvP games because they ask for "duels" and "fair play". All is fair in love and war.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Midgar wrote:I could care less, I got my souls and I got PvP practice in. This game is filled with crybabies, generally they are called carebears in real PvP games because they ask for "duels" and "fair play". All is fair in love and war.

Still waiting for explaination in how 3v1 is practice.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Lol Cheeky, i think that 3v1 is good practise if you're the gankee, not sure how midgar sees it silly
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Lol Cheeky, i think that 3v1 is good practise if you're the gankee, not sure how midgar sees it silly

I'm a noob, all PvP is good practice. That's like saying me dying 30 times in a row isn't practice, that I learned nothing out of it. The odds are irrelevant. Anyways, I've won probably around 70% of my fights there today so I'm happy. Most of them were 1v1s for any carebears wondering.

Last edited by Midgar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Midgar wrote: I probably attacked two people right as they spawned, whatever gets me souls and some practice in.

How is attacking people when they can't fight back, 'getting some' practice in? I'm guessing you're trolling because nobody would admit to being that much of ****.......... -1
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Toastfacekillah wrote:
    Midgar wrote: I probably attacked two people right as they spawned, whatever gets me souls and some practice in.

How is attacking people when they can't fight back, 'getting some' practice in? I'm guessing you're trolling because nobody would admit to being that much of ****.......... -1

I'm fairly sure they can fight back not to mention they have the monsters at their disposal and the narrow bridges above a huge abyss. Not my fault they aren't smart enough to use their environment when outnumbered. It's pretty ridiculous how many people like you complain, play the game and enjoy it, I'm not telling you how to play now am I?

Like I said odds are irrelevant in a lot of PvP games if you are smart and do anything to win or you are good in general. I've won 1v10s in other games before, that's generally because I use my brain.

Last edited by Midgar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Midgar wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Lol Cheeky, i think that 3v1 is good practise if you're the gankee, not sure how midgar sees it silly

I'm a noob, all PvP is good practice. That's like saying me dying 30 times in a row isn't practice, that I learned nothing out of it. The odds are irrelevant. Anyways, I've won probably around 70% of my fights there today so I'm happy. Most of them were 1v1s for any carebears wondering.

So let me get this straight... you and 2 phantoms vs 1 invader. Invader rushes you you turtle shiled, phantom buddies backstabb invader. Good practice???

Invader rushes phantom exposing back to you.. you get easy back stab. Good practice??

Bro u trollin.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 pm

I'll end this carebear discussion with:

Cool beans. Yes, I did just say that. *Does trident dance with smough chest and boar helm*
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 pm

[quote="Midgar"]
    Toastfacekillah wrote:

I'm fairly sure they can fight back

You said you attacked them as they spawned? You're getting free hits on someone spawning when they are unable to fight back. :roll: :roll:
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Midgar wrote:I'll end this carebear discussion with:

Cool beans. Yes, I did just say that. *Does trident dance with smough chest and boar helm*

*throws dung at you*

seriously though

rushing and gangbangin nets you no practice Shrug

what next you'll try to pivot backstab people? Well What is it

wtf man i know PVP is fair game but thats no practice! Point Forward

fighting a guy on a fair duel with no backtabing,gangbangin,healing overral having a fair match where you or your opponent have the chance of winning

and in the end having fun

THATS PRACTICE! Hurrah

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Midgar wrote:
    Toastfacekillah wrote:

I'm fairly sure they can fight back not to mention they have the monsters at their disposal and the narrow bridges above a huge abyss. Not my fault they aren't smart enough to use their environment when outnumbered. It's pretty ridiculous how many people like you complain, play the game and enjoy it, I'm not telling you how to play now am I?

Like I said odds are irrelevant in a lot of PvP games if you are smart and do anything to win or you are good in general. I've won 1v10s in other games before, that's generally because I use my brain.

There is a brief moment where you can hit the invader before he can move, so you are incorrect. And if 3 people are smart at all its not hard to backstab a guy when they try to run past them to use the environment. Maybe that is the practice.. perfecting that moment they cant move to get thr first hit or free backstab, or practicing not letting some one run past you and back stabbing. When thry try.
    Alistairetheblu

Post by Alistairetheblu Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:18 pm

To OP: Thanks, lol'd.

And yeah all's fair, you can't really PvP in this game and expect all the douches to go away. I honestly get more annoyed at people who disconnect/run to boss rooms at the first sign of losing than people like you. But it is a good reason to have WotG ready at first when you invade.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:21 pm

LOL, I was getting jumped in the Kiln. So, I got in the habit of rotating the camera so I could see who was behind me (as I was spawning). Some idiot thought he was going to BS me before I could move. I WoG him to death. He was pinned between me and the fog gate. Once the first WoG hit, I knew I had him. I LOL'd
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:

*throws dung at you*

seriously though

fighting a guy on a fair duel with no backtabing,gangbangin,healing overral having a fair match where you or your opponent have the chance of winning

THATS PRACTICE! Hurrah

Pivot backstabs take more skill then 3v1 rushing off the spawn.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:

*throws dung at you*

seriously though

THATS PRACTICE! Hurrah

Pivot backstabs take more skill then 3v1 rushing off the spawn.

...ANYway its still a bastard's act because if he pulls it off he will keep doing it meaning he will be backstabing more and more and more and you get what i mean

most pivoters chain backstab right after they pull the pivot out meaning in an instant win because there is a very brief chance to get out of a chain backstab,meaning most die before they can do anything

the only way a gangbang would take practice is if the guy who was getting gangbanged was higher lvl meaning he could suvive for longer and he haad area of effect spells so he could do some crowd control

but thats out of the case

pivot doesn't look like it takes much skill at all to me

just run behind someone turn around, press the attack button and BAM backstab Shrug

press the attack button again when the guy gets up for YET another backstab Look Skyward

keep doing that and you will kill your opponent without giving him time to react

how in the wolrd does that takes practice?! i see nothing in it! Prostration
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Pivot BSes are avoidable. And, you can punish them, if you see them run at you. Pivot BS with lag are a different story.

Chain BS are avoidable as well, but it is more difficult, and you may take some damage (depending on which technique you use). These still really tick me off.

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 pm

i can't get out of most due to lag

and pretty much all pivot backstabs that happened to me the guy teleported from 6 feet away and backstabed me

so yeah my experience involves lag...lag...and none other than LAG

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:i can't get out of most due to lag

and pretty much all pivot backstabs that happened to me the guy teleported from 6 feet away and backstabed me

so yeah my experience involves lag...lag...and none other than LAG

So true. Lagstabs = :evil:
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:46 pm

i know rigth specially when i play with [modedit: laggy] people...UUUUGH i hate them so much

[Modnote: Please. Let's not bring nationality into what is a simple matter of connectivity. NA players look really laggy to us as well]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 am