Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Rockstar2112
WyrmHero
Slarg232
PaPaSmVrf
8 posters

hand to hand build, any suggestions?

PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

hand to hand build, any suggestions? Empty hand to hand build, any suggestions?

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

I have been thinking of either doing a duel claw build or duel fist build, what do you guys think would be best? I would like to stay light with armor, so I will keep a fast roll, but fist weapon wise, what is best??? Thanks!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

hand to hand build, any suggestions? Empty Re: hand to hand build, any suggestions?

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:I have been thinking of either doing a duel claw build or duel fist build, what do you guys think would be best? I would like to stay light with armor, so I will keep a fast roll, but fist weapon wise, what is best??? Thanks!

Personally, if I were to try it (No prior experiance), I would use something fast like a pair of claws in my left hand, and then the Dragon Bone Fist for my main hand weapon; both are faster, and the DBF would give you a nice Falcon PAWNCH to use if the time arises.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

hand to hand build, any suggestions? Empty Re: hand to hand build, any suggestions?

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Good idea fellow knight! hand to hand build, any suggestions? 558843162

I was thinking either doing that or switching hands, using the claw as the main hand and DBF for off hand, either way, it would balance quick swipes with a strong punch.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:Good idea fellow knight! hand to hand build, any suggestions? 558843162

I was thinking either doing that or switching hands, using the claw as the main hand and DBF for off hand, either way, it would balance quick swipes with a strong punch.

Don't quote me on this, but I think using a fist weapon in your left allows you to parry, not use the PAWNCH!

Sorry to go off topic, but I REALLY want Black Knight Armor in the game now...... THIS black knight, not their black knights....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Dragon body, bare fists. The dragon claws have 400 AR, no stat investment.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:21 pm

:shock: Any scaling with STR or Dex?
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    PaPaSmVrf wrote:Good idea fellow knight! hand to hand build, any suggestions? 558843162

Don't quote me on this, but I think using a fist weapon in your left allows you to parry, not use the PAWNCH!

Sorry to go off topic, but I REALLY want Black Knight Armor in the game now...... THIS black knight, not their black knights....

:shock: YESSSS! that would be AWESOME!!! if solaire's helm was black, then you could use that with the black iron kit!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Slarg232 wrote::shock: Any scaling with STR or Dex?

No scaling.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I may have to become a dragon then lol
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Or alternatively, take double claws, one +5 Lightning and the other +15 basic (since +15 has E strength scaling and A dex scaling) and go to town on everyone feeling like Wolverine. Build up a repertoire of claws all with different enchantments and feel like a total badass. I think claws can parry also, as all fist weapons can (including fists).
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

very nice idea!!! I have done that with uchi's before and that will definitely work for the claws! so lightning +5, fire +10, regular +15, and divine +5 should do the trick!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

:shock: YESSSS! that would be AWESOME!!! if solaire's helm was black, then you could use that with the black iron kit!

Nah man, just need Dark Souls to become more of an MMO, need Paints big grin
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 pm

lol hope for it in the DLC
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:I have been thinking of either doing a duel claw build or duel fist build, what do you guys think would be best? I would like to stay light with armor, so I will keep a fast roll, but fist weapon wise, what is best??? Thanks!
    Full Havels and bare fists. Or Crystal Caestus with scaled stats.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 pm

bare fists huh? that would be quite interesting indeed
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:bare fists huh? that would be quite interesting indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkfE1PJlbd4
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:33 am

We need a Dark Souls fun duel like this, Sumo Wrestling with caestus+0, fencing with Estocs+0, vitality at like 15, then we use the Blue tearstone to signal who loses. (No other rings besides havels for the sumo) Maybe a sport where you have to shoot an aural decoy at another teams target and the other team has to stop you by hitting you barefisted to stunlock. (so no killing, the point is by hitting a hard to hit target with AD)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 am

Yarxov wrote:
    Full Havels and bare fists. Or Crystal Caestus with scaled stats.

If I recall, crystal caestus actually do LESS damage then a normal one. It's weird like that.
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 am

Um.

I can't believe I'm about to 'say' this but....

The first rule of Dark Souls fight club is...
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 am

Oooh!

What about a smack the arrow game? Like tennis. Singles or doubles.

Or.

Heave the Dung. Players stand twenty paces apart and the first one with poo in their face loses. Has to be the face though.

Or.

Normal throwing knives at ten paces. Back to back. Quick draw old west style. First one with three hits wins(no lock on, I mean come on now....)

bounce
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 am

And I can't BELIEVE there's no smiley of a Dung Pile! :shock:
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 am

Can you actually hit an arrow? Or would you equip a club and try to make the arrow stick to the club (do they do that?)

Thats good too, the wild west showdown might be iffy because of lag though
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 am

caestuses receive a slight damage bonus from the thorn gauntlets (2 or so extra)

the dbf is heavy but gives a defense bonus and off handed fist weapons can do a fast jab and a parry...

the caestus is one of the few weapons where its better to use the r2 more than the r1 since it has mor reach...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 am

As I said earlier, it also does LESS damage as crystal, which makes it unique.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm