Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Frustrated while Crafting

Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Frustrated while Crafting Empty Frustrated while Crafting

Post by Tristan Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 pm

http://tinyurl.com/9ouzc39

The lowest I have gotten this build is 135... Any Suggestions? Thorns for BS's, Dark Sun Crown and First born Ring for miracle power, heavy lightning oriented dead angling weapons, Wolf's ring to tank a few hits. I've never used Murakumo so that's why I picked it. I wanted to use SLB, and G.Scythe is an easy dead angling BA! Lightning Spears, Great Magic Barrier and WotG's are support miracles.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Frustrated while Crafting Empty Re: Frustrated while Crafting

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Swap to being a darkmoon and stay that lvl... Then you can invade down.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 am

You're spreading yourself out too much. You might as well heavy roll, because there is no way you'll be light enough to roll with the gear you have now.

http://tinyurl.com/8gjmfbe I switched your gear loadout a bit, lowered your end to reflect the change. Also, why the need to buff something that powerful anyway?! Why do people think it's a brilliant idea! It just means the duel ends in like 2 or 3 hits! I can understand buffing something like a dagger, katana, or standard sword, but honestly!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 am

I have two suggestions, one, change the armor, reduce your END (after 40, its effectiveness becomes very minor), reduce your FAI, because that's the part the build can lose most of.

http://tinyurl.com/9s9sgsj

You can also change the armor, and reduce your END (which is just as important as before), and instead of DEX, you can get your power from FAI and use a Divine Great Scythe and/or Murakumo.

http://tinyurl.com/9fruye9

Since your weapon and shield are so heavy, there isn't much you can do with your armor, but with DWGR, you could have less Poise and faster roll of course too.
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 am

I first want to humbly thank everyone for the help. Now for my responses. I'll work backwards...

ICEFANG- I like the first build choice, its actually what I was looking for to the T. aside from fast roll which I think is out of the realm of possibility.

cloudyeki- I had one question about your suggestion... Could you explain in more detail why you went with the steel ring? Additionally I took some of your advice and switched out SLB for replenishment and Grass Crest with Sanctus to compliment server. This is what I came up with, however I will likely tweak and toy with the different combos. Thank you!

Maneater_Mildred- I had thought about doing your suggestion and came very close to giving up on this build for that reason. It is a good suggestion but I've never Dark Spirit invaded and I have set a goal for myself recently.

Everyone- Is getting a fast roller too much for this build? I chose to use SLB because it's a lightning/deadangle themed build. My new goal is to reach rank 1 (psn) in the book of the guilty so if you are ever defeated by Eidolon-Reveries please indict me! I'm going to take all suggestions and try what's best. I think I honestly have a good (and better) build because of everyone's help.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:04 am

I'm glad you like the changes. Steel plate is to make up for the lack of physical defense from your previous gear, and compound it with the lose of poise is the wolf ring. I'd figure those two together would be the equivalent to a giant's+dwgr, only more classy and with ALOT more options.

Do note that you're still getting a stamina penalty for the paladin gloves, and with a weapon like the great scythe where every hit is do or die, you best be ready to manage your stamina (unlike me, who can't keep even half a bar to save my life)

Edit: a fix to the stamina penalty at a loss of a small bit of defense, swap the leggings to the dark leggings, and the paladin gloves with the leather gauntlets. You've 53 poise to take a GS hit, and you get full stamina regen per sec.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm