Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Jansports
_xXAchillesXx_
DarkW17
Kirk-Barb
JK Platin
dr_calamitus
je5ta
Redemption009
Wilkinson3424
Serious_Much
LordRevan
Jovias-86
Artorias The Abyss Walker
reim0027
Zodiaxel
RagingDragon_69
twilightwarwolf
Hoshizoku
Artificerprodigy
loklopez
Darksomething56
biotheimpaler
Chaos Spectre
cloudyeki
Rin
robsthedon
MediocritasAurea
BackwardsBaboon
Cidek
Sintinerus
RaynexFall
ROOSTER330
White Knight Wulf
Servant of Priscilla
dancash1808
The_Flail
Federally
Yukon
JoeBroski09
Ahhotep1
Shkar
billy_bayonet
Seth Winternight
whitechikz11
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
mrbeckham87
SunlightCrusader
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
55 posters

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack - Page 26 Empty Re: The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:51 pm

we do still have a thumbs up mechanic however... simply a limit on how often we may use it.
    I'm not sure where I stand on points caps but as I have been told it doesnt matter what I think silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack - Page 26 Empty Re: The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I thought about that already and it does makes sense and obviously as a competitive player I feel stupid putting caps. But it's the most simple and logical solution.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Hoshizoku wrote:but if there was a point cap, the fun of ppl like amos an who not all wld be only for a mere hours.. its unfair to limit the "couple of skilled and overly enthusiastic players" just because they are good . its lik restraining vettels engine because he won 2 times in a row..
    or binding the klitschkos one hand on the back because they win to often.. dosnt seem fair, does it?
    fair is if every cov can somehow get nearly the same amount of points in the same time. when we got this even pointin we need to adjust the points on how many players participate in each cov. not easy but imo the only fair way for everyone

ps:thumbs up if you agree
    oh wait. this isnt youtube

I get what you're saying, but the difference between the situations you gave and our dilemma is that the difference between vettel's car and other's performance is all but minimal, and for klitschkos their sport is a 1v1 contest.

Our situation is there is a MASSIVE advantage to the invading side due to ease of point earning and also the fact that this difference, when put together with the amount of people who take part.. wars for the NK simply become pointless as we'll get thrashed by the multiple scores of 300 plus, while the vast majority of our members can only muster less than 100 points each.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Is that a problem with the players or the ratio's though. it strikes me that invading side will still be at a massive advantage due to the fact we can all cap out and go home in 6-7 hours. whereas you guys would have a full day of it.
    the multipliers between Co-op/host and invading are well off and DW invading should be worth less than DM invading. as for a point cap in addition idk.
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:20 pm

That's why we need to test how to share the points. we have to make the point system so that everyone gets the same in the same time. in this war now for example givin the nk more options to earn points.. or double them or what ever.. we have to play with the point system.. not the players <.<
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:22 pm

We did test the system. a very short time ago infact. apparently It didnt work.
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

try again. it's not gonna be easy /:
    cap is simple yea.. of cost of other players and i wldnt have fun knowin its just because others cant have the same fun.
    i do repeat myself the whole time <.<
    this is my last post to this matter now.
    if there's a cap imma start a petition xD
    MediocritasAurea
    MediocritasAurea
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MediocritasAurea Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks for the war, had fun though would be nice to see more forum people. Even though I would have been killed most likely =p. Now I think saw only 2 sadly.

With point cap, I agree with trying that.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm for a cap, as well as giving some point options like hosting vaders for 3 points or more points for finishing a co-op quickly.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Why is everyone not believeing the guy with 900???

Amos got 1337 in one night (Stayed up 24hours)
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm

That was a different scoring system fatty. 3v1's were worth 5 at that point and killing a member of the other team was also bonus
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm

And I'm against the point cap, because then it will become a numbers game. If all of NK get the cap (Let's say 400) and they have more players, then a smaller cov would be at an unfair advantage.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:48 pm

I agree with a cap lets say 300, but I think we should also make it an average.

eg. Covenant Y has 5 players. Scores were 220, 100, 150, 175, 90

Covenant X has 10 players. Scores were 300, 300, 125, 50, 100, 200, 75, 100, 120, 80.

Average for Y would be 147. Average for X would be 145. Y would win even with less players and no max scores.

It might help balance out the the amount of players as well as skill levels because it wouldn't allow 2 players to carry the team.

Also if LH are getting a bonus the Gravesworn should as well. Hosting can be way more difficult that invading, unless your ganking. At least 50% of my fights were 2v1 or 3v1, it was a brutal war full of BS fishers and gankers. I would be in the middle of a decent duel and some *** would invade and then run in and interfere. Or some guy would start to lose and run off up the stairs and get coverage from the channelers and heal. It was honestly the least amount of fun I have ever had during a war.

And I think that co-oping needs a better point system for the NK.

I also think that during the next war everyone should be closer in level. The main part of the fun is to invade each other and have fun duels and form friendly rivalrys. With the levels so spread out, I only ran into a handful of forum members.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Like a war toon everyone has to have? I'd back it if it stayed below sl80.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

I too, like the idea of everyone being at the same level. I didn't fight a single forum member not on my team. I feel a bit guilty that all of my points came from foreign darkwraiths instead of knights. :oops:
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Heheh, Kirk - sorry bout murdering you... shouldn't really have mooned you after either xD
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey... you say murder, I say defeated because of my own inattention. happy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

haha, I told them to turn friendly fire off. A stray CSS happened by to hit you :suspect: Or was it one of those assassin fellows, I hear they enjoy making use of those things.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Lol.

I say a SL70 war toon for everyone. Dark stalkers gotta keep lower sl toons to invade questers ya know.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

My wife told me to duck.... but the duck button didn't work. :shock:
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Ahh, she said goose to me! I had to chase her around the archives... She unfortunately reached the seat before me!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:07 pm

It wouldn't have helped anyway. Unless quacks can deflect magic.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

We could all do 50 to 55. or go up to 60.

I have gravelorded as a 50 at sens, forest, anor, catacombs and all lord areas with a decent amount of SoV's. So I know it would be viable at 50.

People within 10 + 10% of our level that will see our sign with the closer in level the better. So at 50, we get 35's to 65's.

However builds at 50 are fairly limited.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 pm

The problem with going below 80 is that it screws the NK over a bit. With our armour and weapons we'll either be fat or med rolling, or sacrificing damage for speed. We had this argument before and it didn't really work.
    Averages could work, the problem still is that if someone gets a 12, or a 20 and other people get 100s they might not submit their score in case it brings the side down.

Atm I'm waiting on a single score to complete the match (hurry up Chi!). LH will probably be getting a 50% boost t other scores as if I double them I think we might win.

As for the cap, while its a good idea I would prefer not to have it. Increasing the NK/LH points instead would be something I like better.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 pm

DoughGuy wrote:The problem with going below 80 is that it screws the NK over a bit. With our armour and weapons we'll either be fat or med rolling, or sacrificing damage for speed. We had this argument before and it didn't really work.
    Averages could work, the problem still is that if someone gets a 12, or a 20 and other people get 100s they might not submit their score in case it brings the side down.

Atm I'm waiting on a single score to complete the match (hurry up Chi!). LH will probably be getting a 50% boost t other scores as if I double them I think we might win.

As for the cap, while its a good idea I would prefer not to have it. Increasing the NK/LH points instead would be something I like better.

And being under 70 affects us GS as well. To make up for the damage you can just use an elemental weapon though. And on my current 50 I use heavy weapons and armor. I had to use havels ring and FaP for the added equip weight so I can fast roll. And it pretty much kills most spell use, unless you are a glass cannon.

And almost everyone will be med to fat rolling once the DLC comes out and DWGR is nerfed. lol!

It would just be more practical and effective if everyone was closer to the same level. Maybe 60?

And with removal of the BB glitch not eveyone will have the patience to make a new build for every war depending on the level. Or will have access to multiple builds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:07 pm