Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 pm

callipygias wrote:+1 for making the thread and putting "NO STORY SPOILERS" in the title so I knew I could come in here. And a big +1 below that for putting all the info in one spot. I didn't know ANY of this info, and I'm just about in shock reading it.

Every single change listed is welcome. Eagle shield, elementals,sorceries, DWGR, Hornet, all can stand a little nerf, and Chaos can stand a little boost. But the removal of the glitches is the greatest thing in the world.

Agree 110%! I would have still loved the game if they would have changed nothing and fixed glitches/etc, but despite what heavy armor flippers are saying, I think the changes to everything will bring far greater build diversity, and with the arena system being implemented may even change up the lvls at which a build is "finished"
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 pm

I am disappointed about the BB glitch, mainly because I am entirely too indecisive when putting together a build!

But everything else seems like good news to me.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm

dannyhugz wrote:
    callipygias wrote:+1 for making the thread and putting "NO STORY SPOILERS" in the title so I knew I could come in here. And a big +1 below that for putting all the info in one spot. I didn't know ANY of this info, and I'm just about in shock reading it.

Every single change listed is welcome. Eagle shield, elementals,sorceries, DWGR, Hornet, all can stand a little nerf, and Chaos can stand a little boost. But the removal of the glitches is the greatest thing in the world.

Agree 110%! I would have still loved the game if they would have changed nothing and fixed glitches/etc, but despite what heavy armor flippers are saying, I think the changes to everything will bring far greater build diversity, and with the arena system being implemented may even change up the lvls at which a build is "finished"
    I'm not sure I agree that there will be more build diversity, I think more people will be doing dex instead and we'll see fewer strength builds. As for the lvl change, I'm thinking that either sl 99 or 149 will be the new 120. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also thanks Callipygias happy I wanted to provide some hard info since I know many people here are interested but don't want spoilers.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Some updated info for you to add:

Some new warp locations include the following,
    The Depths
    Painted World of Ariamis
    Undead Parish(the bonfire RIGHT above Andre, it bought tears to my eyes the first time I used it.)
    I don't remember the precise locations, I'll get more of that later, but every area in the game has a warpable Bonfire now except the Asylum(I think).

Loadscreens are down to roughly 2seconds give or take a second.

CONFIRMED:There is NO FPS loss anywhere so far, including all areas of blighttown!

The Dark Anor Londo NPCs outside of O&S room that were super good for farming no longer respawn!(much to my dismay)

I've also been noticing some mobs give increased amounts of souls based on area/difficulty. For example, the wheel skeletons in Painted World now give 800 souls each, and the basic hollow enemies in Painted world now give 400 each up from 100(confirmation?).

Symbol of Avarice's HP degeneration is much much slower now.(haven't tested Power Within)

Also, after an EXTREMELY fast death, the only type of Fire Resistance I could ge tto work on Lava Damage was Flash Sweat. I know you used to easily tread lava with gold-hemmed, some humanity, flash sweat, and maybe a flame stoneplate ring. I don't think this is possible anymore as with all the fire resist I could muster+ flash sweat and close to 1000HP, a running jump to the chaos ember gave me EXACTLY enough time to pick it up as I died. Also I was unable to jump to the item in Centipede Demon's room as that tiny gap in the lava was now far to wide to run/jump across sadly lol. I was forced to fight him on the small island you enter the room on, it was not fun.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks! I've updated the list with the new info happy
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:35 pm

So chaos pyromancy got buffed? I hope so.
    I hit with fire tempest im pvp for around 900+ damage. Hope the Chaos Firestorm hits around 1000+ (lava 300-400)

And when the greatswords are slower, can they still stunlock me? Or can i escape?
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Fotitudo wrote:And when the greatswords are slower, can they still stunlock me? Or can i escape?
    I'm unclear about the greatswords right now, someone still needs to confirm it. I'm thinking the GS attack speed actually hasn't changed but I'll have to wait and see. Have you tried the weapon switch to escape stunlock?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Man, the lava is a HUGE difference. Yesterday, at sl 29 I went to get the Chaos Ember. Ran past the Taurus Demons and was gonna suicide for it. Dead -- wtf? Since I was there already I decided to kill all the demons, so I could do it right. Not a chance, even with MoM. Apparently you'll have to be a pretty high sl to even suicide for the ember.

I went and got the fire ember instead, but now that I know it's been nerfed I'm gonna either up my vit or wait till I get the OCRing and go back for the Chaos Ember.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Haven't tested stunlock yet as I done very minimal coop, but I can tell from testing the Obsidian Greatsword, which aside from having the most awesome R2 attack of all the durability consuming specials, is 2Hing it was ALMOST as slow as a Zweihander. Like I said, confirmation would be needed, but I think stunlock is definitely escapable now. I got invaded in the first by someone wearing near beginning armor with a drake sword, and I had 0 Poise and was able to get away from consecutive 2H swing from it. I know it's 0 Poise, but 0 poise = everything that hits you stuns you so lol.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Obsidian Greatsword??? WTF???
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 pm

callipygias wrote:Obsidian Greatsword??? WTF???

Spoiler free so my description will be thus:

Drops from a tail off something in the new area, and there are lots of things with tails so I won't say which =P. It's R2 is a huge AOE that hit for ~2200 when I messed around with it un-upgraded. Same attack set as claymore, and it looks sick. It's base AR is 320 physical, and requires 20STR and 18Dex to use. Insane AR for that little stat requirements for wielding it(13/14STR for 2H?).

On that note, the new Pyromancy is going to be huge in PvP I believe. Damage is based off Pyro Flame obviously, but is physical, and let me tell you, +5 ascended flame with this attack on a shield will demolish someone's stamina and leave them nice and open for a followup. Some other new spells but not sure how much detail aside from lore spoilers zig wants to keep out of this one.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Would adding new weapons and spells to the list be considered a spoiler? I'd make sure to leave out anything lore-wise. I don't want to reveal any of the story for myself and others but I'm ok with hearing about the new equipment. Should I post some and hide them with a spoiler box?
    dualcross

Post by dualcross Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 pm

@Ziggurat91

Yes please put all the new weap/armor/spells in a spoiler section!

Players such as myself who like to plan builds would appreciate it very much =]

Ty in advance!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Ziggurat91 wrote:Would adding new weapons and spells to the list be considered a spoiler?
    Yes, it definitely would be for me. I didn't even want to know about an Obsidian Greatsword, as it'll be less of a surprise now that I already know it exists.

*EDIT* Since the title has changed to "LORE spoilers" can I assume the weapon/spell/whatever spoilers are now in the 2nd post?

Last edited by callipygias on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

How do I make a spoiler section, and I can begin listing the spells/gear I've found although I don't have access to stats at work.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm

I've decided that I will not be listing any of the new equipment and spells in this thread due to the difficulty of describing them without revealing spoilers.

There is another thread [contains LORE SPOILERS, you have been warned] that lists a lot of the new equipment and spells here if anyone is interested: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10269-dlc-details-descriptions-and-lore-spoilers
    dannyhugz wrote:How do I make a spoiler section, and I can begin listing the spells/gear I've found although I don't have access to stats at work.
    You could make a new thread if you want. I'm going to avoid spoilers as much as possible here, since there are other threads that list the spells and gear. It would be a bit redundant if I started to as well Shrug
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

In your post highlight what you want to have in the spoiler tag, then click other. Go to spoiler and click that.

The armor/weapons would nice, just try to be wary of what it is.

Such as, if the weapons name is "Important Lore item of _____" maybe put that in a seperate section.

But like, "Black Stone Sword," well that could just be some sword you know?

I think Artorias' weapon doesn't need the spoilers really either, since everyone knows he is in the DLC.

But I'd just love to see some of the stats and status effects for the weapons.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Tolvo wrote:In your post highlight what you want to have in the spoiler tag, then click other. Go to spoiler and click that.

The armor/weapons would nice, just try to be wary of what it is.

Such as, if the weapons name is "Important Lore item of _____" maybe put that in a seperate section.

But like, "Black Stone Sword," well that could just be some sword you know?

I think Artorias' weapon doesn't need the spoilers really either, since everyone knows he is in the DLC.

But I'd just love to see some of the stats and status effects for the weapons.
    Hmmmm......I'll try to put together more info for the items then. I'll make sure to just provide stats/scaling/etc if possible. I don't think any of the new weapons/spells/armor have revealing names but if they do, I'll censor it!

Thank you for the suggestion big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:58 pm

If it does have a name that is spoiler filled maybe you could just as you said, alter the name

Instead of "Sword of hidden god who has super secrets that spoil things for you, mwahahaha!" Just list it as like, "Occult Sword."

Or just, "New Sword."
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Ok I've updated the list to include weapons, spells, and armor all hidden by spoiler boxes. Hopefully this will be useful for people planning out new builds and whatnot.

@Tolvo I'll give them ridiculously ambiguous names if I have to silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 pm

"Something that cuts."

"Something you can hold in your hand."

"A thing."

"Matter."
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Tolvo wrote:"Something that cuts."

"Something you can hold in your hand."

"A thing."

"Matter."

Ahahaha those exactly! For the armor sets as well I can see: "Metal underwear." "Better than Giant's armor." "Something to cover your loincloth."
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:27 pm

"You can wear it on your head."

"Better than nothing."

"What everyone will be wearing."
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 pm

I dare say some of these could end up pc specific. Load times/glitches are easier to manage on a pc.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Impossible, I will grow angry if It's a Sword doesn't come to the console!

But it would suck if we don't get our stuff patched too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 pm