Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth)

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth) Empty Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth)

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:57 am

My current thoughts on the DSS build I'm working on:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4394462722096731

...With these stats the DSS is given a larger physical impact rather than raising the lighting aspect by allocating more faith. 28 str in order to one-hand Murakumo, which can be enchanted with Darkmoon Blade. Best quality/faith build overall(IMO). Works well with about any str/dex weapon. Lightning claymore works well while leveling to the final product.

Any suggestions?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth) Empty Re: Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth)

Post by WyrmHero Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:28 am

The build would be perfect if you learn to quickly menu swap the murakumo for the spear. This gives you +10 free weight that you could use on additional poise.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1950662136787647
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth) Empty Re: Dragonslayer Spear Build(Str/Dex/Fth)

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 am

I did consider that.. And I agree, I'll jst have to pvp to the point where I get used to doing that. Any idea if it's worth enchanting a nomal murakumo with DB rather than lightning murakumo? If i were to enchant it that would mean my only way of still using the switching technique is to start with the weapon im enchanting and then switching to the DSS
    RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RaffoSS Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 am

WyrmHero wrote:The build would be perfect if you learn to quickly menu swap the murakumo for the spear.

And how do you do that?

Sorry if i might be off-topic, but it looks quite interesting.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 am

You go to the menu and swap weapons while your fighting. It only takes ~ 1 second if you're good at it and if the weapons are next to each other.

I always menu swap to a BK shield if i'm facing a pyro user, and to a crest shield if i'm facing spells.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Myztyrio wrote:I did consider that.. And I agree, I'll jst have to pvp to the point where I get used to doing that. Any idea if it's worth enchanting a nomal murakumo with DB rather than lightning murakumo? If i were to enchant it that would mean my only way of still using the switching technique is to start with the weapon im enchanting and then switching to the DSS

With 28 Str / 40 Dex Murakumo +15 is all you need. If you can farm a few from giant skeletons I might recommend you go crystal.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

I have two characters that use the DSS (I love the look of it) and from what I've learned is the following:

Your poise is very low. Anyone with a decent weapon will try trading blows with you, and you'd really need to not get stunlocked.

Your defence again, is low. I don't think the Mur suits this build as with a 30 poise, going in hand to hand is risky at best. Wyrms is a better build.

I have had great success with just twohanding the DSS, having the grasscrest shield on my back, popping some Grass, and using some sparse miracles. Going crystal is only possible if you have a mule with a bunch of slabs. Otherwise, not worth it IMO. Have some trouble vs. buff users, but just back off and circle until their buff wears off.

Leo ring I find is very valuable. You can do a whack of damage with a dodge and an attack. Keep poking at range, and don't let their magic force you into close range; you're liable to be parried. So magic / pyromancies, just flip to the side and continue to poke at a range. 2Handed has massive range. RoFaP is very good as well, with the weight of the DSS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:40 pm