Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Montante
Casdman
RaffoSS
7 posters

Am i too high level? -PC PTD-

RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

Am i too high level? -PC PTD- Empty Am i too high level? -PC PTD-

Post by RaffoSS Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:18 am

So..i'm on the first playthrough, everything completed, but i'm struggling to find any pvp at all.
    All my invasions fail, no person invades me, could not find ONE SINGLE WHITE SIGN past the 2 bells.

Now i'm sl 90, trying to invade at Kiln/Forest with no success.
    No white phantom either.

Should i move on the NG+? Does it even matter which playthrough i'm playing as long as i'm in the right level range?

P.S. Playing ONLINE in HUMAN form

Last edited by RaffoSS on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Am i too high level? -PC PTD- Empty Re: Am i too high level? -PC PTD-

Post by Casdman Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

not to state the obvious or something, but you've made sure your actually " online" in the game? i'm pretty sure the game has an offline mode
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

I don't think your playthrough difficulty matters at all for fighting other players. Atleast back on the Xbox I could stumble upon level 300+ players doing NG+++ or whatever as a lvl 50 darkwraith.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 am

Move on to NG+ if you'd like to. The only thing that it will effect is the areas you have access to.

PvP solely relies on your SL and method of PvP(ie Darkwraith, Darkmoon etc) not at all on your level of NG. So that will not matter.

As to no success with the invasions and summoning. Make sure you've read the wiki guides for them to understand what is required. Such as you cannot see a summon sign in an area once you kill that boss etc
    Also on what a good SL range is for different areas could help you.

As to the person above, you cannot try to invade if you are in offline mode so I would assume that the OP is online.

Lastly as PC is new a lot of players will be new and possibly not as far as you in terms of areas and levels. Also as it's new there are still some connection problems I believe which are hampering some of the Co-op and Pvp in the game.
    KoL028

Post by KoL028 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 am

I'm having the same problem. Can't find anyone at sl 90. I decided to go to NG+ and level up to 100. I'm at Anor Londo and I haven't seen anyone yet.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Just to verify what's been already said, the + you're on doesn't matter at all, only your soul level does.

Summoning/invading seems really strange on the PC so far. I'll get summoned 5 or 6 times in a row somewhere, then it'll completely shut off for hours and hours. I'll continue my playthrough in human form and never get invaded.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:08 pm

I think most people on PC are having this trouble, I theorized that it may be the arena's fault, for making so many PvP players have an easy way to play. I am also concerned, that if this is indeed the cause, that Dark Souls may have lost an important and greatly fun part of it, invasions and co-op, but it could also just not work right, or there could be less players and more areas to be in. Time will tell on that, but I hope it gets busier, I prefer the old PvP style of play, invasions and all that, I dislike the arena.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

honestly i think a lot of people are still hyped about the new content, and are spending most of their time there, leading up to anor londo, i found a lot more people, but once they had unlocked the new area everyone seems to have flooded over there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 am