Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile

kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile Empty Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 am

Hey all, I need some feedback for this glass cannon build. This would be my third build cosplay/pvp/invasion build. I am planning on publishing it by the end of the week.

I have made modifications with PTDE changes in mind. Lastly, I decided to go with Logan's over Tin Crystalization catalyst bc of the number of casts. Then again, this build does give you the option to use either.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2318334653340730

Invasion testing seems to be doing very well. I one shotted someone with a regular soul spear by doing over 1200 damage. What does have me worried is power within as it gives you only a minute to kill the host. Then again, it makes things go much... much quickly.

Finally, using Moonlight Sword simply because it hides the glass cannon part of the build by making opponents think it's a spellsword build. Finally, i dropped an additional level on DEX to use a couple of DEX weapons for PVP such as the bandit's knife or rapier (what, i like the move set)

Let me know your suggestions Hurrah
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile Empty Re: Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 am

I would think Dusk would use the Oolacile Ivory Cat and some of the Oolacile sorceries, Chameleon, Hidden Body, Hidden Weapon, Repair, Cast Light, and all that good stuff.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile Empty Re: Fine tunning my latest build - Dusk, Glass Cannon of Oolacile

Post by Glutebrah Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am

wouldnt the tin crystal catalyst do more damage then Logans
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I would think Dusk would use the Oolacile Ivory Cat and some of the Oolacile sorceries, Chameleon, Hidden Body, Hidden Weapon, Repair, Cast Light, and all that good stuff.

True, I think its better that this build use soul based spells instead of the oolacile ones to make it a bit more competitive in actual PVP instead of invasions only. The main idea behind this is that dusk is now in the present and I assume she is a expert sorcerer, so she would have most likely learned how to use the current age's magic.

I tried using oolacile catalyst and it simply didn't do it for me bc of the lack of scaling and at those levels, souls spear is very weak when using the oolacile catalyst. Not to mention there are certain things that showed up in the PTDE that made me think about this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:42 pm