Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Faith or vitality?

TrueSnake
    TrueSnake

Faith or vitality? Empty Faith or vitality?

Post by TrueSnake Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:42 am

Right now, this is me:

http://tinyurl.com/94gewpl

Of course, I want to cap at level 120 for pvp, which means I have 9 more levels left. I see a lot of great miricales, and would like to be able to get my faith up to 30 so I could do most of them, however that would require 18 of my 19 points left, and my vitality is kind of low at the moment. I was wondering what you guys thought of this.

Should I go for the 30 faith? Or is putting the last bit into my vitality essintal?
    Also, one last thing, what armor would you recommend that would keep me under 50% weight? What I have now seems to satisfy me well enough.. Or at last it will once fully upgraded.

Thanks all!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Faith or vitality? Empty Re: Faith or vitality?

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 am

Um if your focus is for PvP, I have to ask why so many points in INT and FAI and no spells for them? Why a lighning bow when fire (or at those stats normal) is better? Is the Murakumo supposed to be in the left hand?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 am

Vitality, and don't forget to buy lightning arrows. winking
    TrueSnake
    TrueSnake

Post by TrueSnake Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 am

Ah man, I completely messed that up... No, the mura is in my right hand, and the bow my left. And it is also not lightening, it is +15 for the S in dex parambonus. Sorry about that.. as for the INT and FAI, I started as a theif (*** that up too) unaware of the build I'd be making. And that's where those stats start off at. Sorry about my screwing up.. its getting late here, and I'm getting tired. Look Skyward
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 am

Haha, its all good, if you want a PvP focus, do the Bottomless Box Glitch and start anew, you can take all that good stuff and focus your character just right. Otherwise, I'd vote VIT all the way, no room for more spells without leveling up more than 120.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:01 am

In that case, consider a composite bow. With those stats it gets max AR, is faster than BBoP and deals more damage. Just pur down remaining points on Vit and Att for some pyros. I would get 53 poise for the mura.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 am

Alsp if you have 13 Int then get to 15 and attune Great Magic Weapon.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 am

You left your second ring slot blank as well, did you mean that? Your stats seem a little weird to me. Did you already make the build and perhaps plan to do something then change your mind? If so, chuck on the Ring of Favor and Protection and it'll give you more Vit and End. I changed your armour around to give you over 53 poise, which is the preferred amount for PvP (allows you to not be staggered by 2-handed greatswords), and you'll probably find that helpful with the Mura as it's a little slow.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3236168405301781

As for 30 Faith, you could if you wanted, but it would still leave you with around 1200 vit, which is perhaps a little low for a PvP melee build. You could always use your extra levels to take dex to 45 and raise attunement to pick up some more pyro spells. You could use Resins on the Mura to give you some extra damage as well. Something like this perhaps

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4183090756905672
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 am

This is the best you can do for that build. High HP, a buff, awesome looking shield, pyros and 53 poise. Look no further. If you don't like the mask put on Gwyn's crown and increase End/lower Vit.

http://tinyurl.com/8t6hf4a

Last edited by WyrmHero on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    TrueSnake
    TrueSnake

Post by TrueSnake Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 am

ICEFANG wrote:Haha, its all good, if you want a PvP focus, do the Bottomless Box Glitch and start anew, you can take all that good stuff and focus your character just right. Otherwise, I'd vote VIT all the way, no room for more spells without leveling up more than 120.
    Hmmm.. great advice, however I'm not very fond of starting the game over. Thanks though!

Zombieboy- I'd like to keep one ring slot open, to be flexable for any situation, I suppose I should've mentioned that in the first post. Also, is the five more dex points really worth it? I'm unaware of the damage difference/increase from 40-45. I'm still stuck in the middle of this choice, both ends have their perks.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 am

Ah, I see. What Ice said then; if you can just start over. You have to commit to a buffing build by sacrificing something for Int or Faith silly I always rock 50 Int or Faith if I plan on using buffs, and take the hit to Endurance. Wyrm's is good for what you already have (but you'll need a catalyst silly )

45 Dex just gives you the fastest casting time for spells, which is basically only useful for Pyro...but it's really useful! Whatever you do, you'll probably need the RoFaP on that build if you want to buff or have 53 poise anyway. Personally though, I'm redoing all my builds with fast roll (if they don't already have it) to prepare for the DLC ( Praise the Sun ), something y'all may want to consider silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:44 am

Yeah you menu swap the catalyst for the pyro hand after buffing.
    TrueSnake
    TrueSnake

Post by TrueSnake Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 am

Hmm sounds like a good idea... I'm not sure I want to start the story again though.. Maybe I'll just finish this char an then start another..
    Oh well, either way thank you all for being so help full and active! I love how live this forum always is!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am