Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What's the deal with Resistance?

SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

What's the deal with Resistance? Empty What's the deal with Resistance?

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

I hear speculation that the resistance stat has been changed; some refer to it as "fixed'. Does this simply mean that raising your resistance now improves resistances more than it previously did? It'll probably take a while before we know exactly how it changed since nobody is going to want to invest souls in it at the moment to see. If there are any hackers out there who can give themselves a billion souls just to see what changed, that would probably be helpful.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What's the deal with Resistance? Empty Re: What's the deal with Resistance?

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah you see, when you level up, get you defense points for free. At around level 80, that stops. Resistance used to work fine, BUT instead of only counting your resistance stat, it would count your Soul Level as well. So these defensive values did not increase around SL 80 to be worth it. If you leveled your Resistance earlier, you would instead hit that 'stop getting free defense' break earlier.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm

In other words, conpletely useless. You can also raise defense to the max with 99 humanity.
    TheWarriorBeard
    TheWarriorBeard

Post by TheWarriorBeard Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:42 pm

WyrmHero wrote:In other words, conpletely useless. You can also raise defense to the max with 99 humanity.

It seems this was changed in the DLC. It probably needs more testing but at 99 humanity I got no bonus defense in anything.

I also made a character and raised the resistance stat to 50 and it looks like the defense acquired from humanity was shifted to the resistance stat now.

I'm sure more testing needs to be done and I don't know whether it truly depends on the SL of the character but I found this rather interesting.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:53 pm

There was also testing done by blaine or someone can't remember exactly which shows resistance gives an invisible and unmentioned ability to survive more powerful hits without dying. this is for PvE only, it doesn't work on other players...

this is what it says on the wiki about it; 'Resistance offers a static debuff on damage. 1 point of res = 1 point less damage taken, or 1% less damage taken, whichever value is -lower-. Attacks that would normally kill you have about a 7 time multiplier on damage reduced. This only has effect on PvE enemies in game, not other Players and hence is not useful for PvP.'

also it is also said to cause you to take less fall damage, but it needs confirmation

basically, it's just a stat that will help you if you're taking on the ng plus infinity challenge, otherwise it's pretty useless
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 pm

TheWarriorBeard wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:In other words, conpletely useless. You can also raise defense to the max with 99 humanity.

It seems this was changed in the DLC. It probably needs more testing but at 99 humanity I got no bonus defense in anything.

I also made a character and raised the resistance stat to 50 and it looks like the defense acquired from humanity was shifted to the resistance stat now.

I'm sure more testing needs to be done and I don't know whether it truly depends on the SL of the character but I found this rather interesting.

VERY interesting. I didn't even notice my resistance wasn't getting buffed from manatee. If humanity doesn't actually buff resistance, then that means it's now only helpful for chaos weapons and item discovery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:37 pm