Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ErrJon6661
nhbdy
Yesuurd
Spurgun
gammlesvarte
skarekrow13
lextune
RANT
reim0027
Serious_Much
Wade_Wilson
15 posters

Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe?

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe? Empty Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe?

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:14 am

I just got enough strength to use this weapon one handed. Its got decent damage and moves, buts its not spectacular. Plus, it cant be buffed and its requirements are pretty hefty. So why does everyone hate on it?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe? Empty Re: Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe?

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:16 am

Is yours +5? honestly it's because it's got a fast poise breaking moveset for how much damage it does, it's probably the closest thing to an unbalanced weapon in dark souls.

Also loads of people use them, I prefer a bit more variety than that big grin
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe? Empty Re: Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe?

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah buts its super easy to dodge, and besides I see way more people with lightning katanas/cmw claymores etc.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah well we all know the overused weapons, and BKGA is i find the most common, then yeah you get lots of katanas, greatswords and scythes iv found to be fairly common due to the unlikely reach coupled with distance errors in PvP is lethal.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

It is more easily parried than most weapons. You don't have to blind parry it either. It is also easy to backstab (roll BS).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 am

its used a lot but katanas are the most used, i actually find spears the most annoying to fight against.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:29 am

It sucks. It is way overused and way overpowered.A weapon that hits that hard should not move that fast. None of the others do.

....and it makes an incredibly stupid sound too, lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 am

I lost to a guy using this last night and it didn't seem any less honorable than my setup. He only got the final swing in because I forgot the wind up to the strong attack. I was evading everything else he had pretty easily. I actually had a tougher time with the poison knives he was rocking which was a first for me. I don't see a problem with any weapon/armor/spell as it's all known information. There's some imbalance with a few weapons but I'm not sure there'll ever be a perfect way to balance. My biggest gripe with the BKGA guy I lost to last night was that I hit him at least half a dozen times with a +5 Lifehunt with 40 Dex and I swear I did not see a single scratch from his stamina bar. I wasn't aware that there was that many points to put into vitality.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I lost to a guy using this last night and it didn't seem any less honorable than my setup. He only got the final swing in because I forgot the wind up to the strong attack. I was evading everything else he had pretty easily. I actually had a tougher time with the poison knives he was rocking which was a first for me. I don't see a problem with any weapon/armor/spell as it's all known information. There's some imbalance with a few weapons but I'm not sure there'll ever be a perfect way to balance. My biggest gripe with the BKGA guy I lost to last night was that I hit him at least half a dozen times with a +5 Lifehunt with 40 Dex and I swear I did not see a single scratch from his stamina bar. I wasn't aware that there was that many points to put into vitality.

the one handed r1 attack takes so little stamina per swing its freaking rediculous considering how strong it is.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 pm

yea i dont like that sword eather im staying whit longswords they are the best i think
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:18 pm

i love using it for PvE but most of the times i switch to something more honorable for PvP, i just don't like using weapons that many others use for PvP, i like being unike silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 pm

that's why I love my bandit knife, not much of us out there and it may look humble but if you make a mistake you will be dead faster than lightning.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:10 pm

RantFromRant, that's definitely true and I do agree that, of any weapon this is definitely the most out of whack for PvP battles (for exactly the reason you stated too). I'm just saying it's a known imbalance (hence the popularity) and everyone's on the same footing essentially. You could use the BKGA too if you wanted and have a NASCAR match where everyone's horsepower is pretty much equal, but that's a more artificial scenario than electronic duals even. In a match where you want an edge on your opponent the logical choice is to take what gives you the best chance for success which is the BKGA for a lot of people. For those of us who don't like that weapon we choose an apparent disadvantage. The biggest argument against it as a weapon is that it can be boring to fight the same build over and over by being too popular.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add I hate lancers too. I have never won against anyone that was using a spear
    Why the hate for the Black Knight Greataxe? 1330857165

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:31 pm

I've found that it does have a hard time with spears, as they have the reach to keep a safe distance and harass the GA wielder as he struggles in vain to get them in his range long enough for him to hit them... not a good spot for him if you ask me... Then again in that matchup I've always been the spear guy, so no problems here.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I hated the BKGA with a passion. Until I got better at parries and BS. Now its just another weapon. The only issue I have is that EVERYONE uses it.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 pm

I really like using this weapon for PvE, but yeah..... kinda boring for PvP cause EVERYONE and their bother, sister, cousin, mom, dad, and great aunt tessie uses it. Also, I wouldn't really call it unbalanced, it could be a little slower imo.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Yesuurd wrote:that's why I love my bandit knife, not much of us out there and it may look humble but if you make a mistake you will be dead faster than lightning.

Sorry but Bandit Knife is as original as BKGA...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:38 pm

eneq wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:that's why I love my bandit knife, not much of us out there and it may look humble but if you make a mistake you will be dead faster than lightning.

Sorry but Bandit Knife is as original as BKGA...

Really? Then how come I spend the whole day doing pvp and I see BKGA, katanas, moonlight, spears and only see a guy with a knife maybe once or twice?

I don't think bandit knife and BKGA are even near the same category in that sense.

I NEED SOME OTHER USER OPINIONS HERE PLEASE, SO I CAN KNOW IF I AM WRONG...
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Its different from player to player, I for instance rarely see BKGA players.

The reason the Bandit Knife isnt as unique as you might think is that it has the highest critical multiplier in the game, ie. anyone making a BS/Riposte build will rock the BK as well (although some use the slighly larger ranged alternatives like the Rapier etc).
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:55 pm

eneq wrote:Its different from player to player, I for instance rarely see BKGA players.

The reason the Bandit Knife isnt as unique as you might think is that it has the highest critical multiplier in the game, ie. anyone making a BS/Riposte build will rock the BK as well (although some use the slighly larger ranged alternatives like the Rapier etc).

Gotcha, so I personally see less of them than you for example.

Another question which weapon do you think is more ovepowered of both? and which requires
    more skill to win a fight?

P.S-Saw this video of a guy using velkas rapier, sick moves on that weapon, thinking of leveling mine and trying it out...
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

no one should really hate on any weapon in PvP. it's pretty immature actually, dark souls is such a well designed game that the weapon balancing really does not make the game unfair if you use one particular weapon. if you don't like that you are constantly losing to one particular weapon, then get better and stop complaining, because every weapon/build has its weaknesses.

sorry for ranting, it just pisses me off how so many people have these unwritten rules on what you can and can't do/use. as long as it's 1v1 and you aren't flasking, it's basically fair game for the most part.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 pm

IMO you are asking the wrong question, the skill isnt decided in the armor or weapon you are using, it all comes down to positioning and reading your opponent.

Ofcourse some weapons/armor give you benefits but there is a reason why naked guys can consistently beat other more heavily clad players.

Atleast in PVP...

Other than that its all about landing hits and the BKGA larger reach and more punishing moveset would probably be considered more forgiving and maybe would be considered less skill involved. But as I said its not quite that simple...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:17 pm

eneq wrote:IMO you are asking the wrong question, the skill isnt decided in the armor or weapon you are using, it all comes down to positioning and reading your opponent.

Ofcourse some weapons/armor give you benefits but there is a reason why naked guys can consistently beat other more heavily clad players.

Atleast in PVP...

Other than that its all about landing hits and the BKGA larger reach and more punishing moveset would probably be considered more forgiving and maybe would be considered less skill involved. But as I said its not quite that simple...

Well that says it all, no matter what weapon it all comes down to you and your skill, every weapon has it's disadvantages.So that's why if I find someone beating me in the forest with one weapon I go in with something different, you gotta improvise here sometimes, it's very difficult to fight lets say a spear guy using bandits knife and etc....

I am one of those guys that goes in naked and kills you at times btw.

Of the bigger weapons the BKGA is so easy to parry it's insane, if I see it I can almost taste the parry
    at first glance.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Me specifically or are you talking in general happy
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm

eneq wrote:Me specifically or are you talking in general happy

In general...Mostly get my *** kicked when naked, not claiming to be a pvp expert :roll:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:17 am