Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
dannyhugz
Slarg232
lordgodofhell
Anonymous Proxy
DoughGuy
Razielthemanslayer
Forum Pirate
Doelker
Wade_Wilson
reim0027
Xskulled
SEANB240
Onion Knight
Seignar
Wilkinson3424
carlucio
defacto
FruitPunchNinja
ICEFANG
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Chaos Spectre
dianaduh
samster628
Uparkaam
necrotik
H3adShotty
ublug
31 posters

Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode...

Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode... - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode...

Post by Xskulled Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:10 pm

If they create an easy mode, they should remove certain aspects from the game / areas to make it easier rather than just making enemies have less hp / do less dmg.

For example, they could remove some of the enemies from the game (black knights / mini bosses) a and limit their movesets. Perhaps even re-positioning the enemies to make them easier to confront. It would make the game easier while also not ruining the real Dark Souls. To truly experience the game someone would have to play it on the normal difficulty rather than just being able to breeze through the game on Easy and memorize all the enemy positions and fighting styles.

/ 2 cents
    reim0027
    reim0027

Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode... - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode...

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Call me elitist, but here goes. Beating DkS should be a badge of honor. It means you worked hard and developed skills. It should not be for everybody. I want people to look at my plat and say wow!

My $0.02.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Don't worry, From won't alienate their core fanbase. I'm pretty sure this is just a translation issue.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:41 pm

No... Just NO!!!
    I don't agree with an easy mode. To make the game easier you have to learn how to play it, and if you are lazy or mind numbing to find out the way to beat the game on your own...
    Then try something different, there is no shame on that.
    There are already to many casual games and the soul series is that one oasis to me where I can get challenged and make me think better about my next approach.
    I remember fi ishing CoD 2 on veteran was a hell of a challenge. It really made me cry blood tears.
    CoD MW2 veteran was a joke.
    I don't want that to happen with my precious soul series. I really enjoy mu rants after dying because of my own stupidity and not the game being cheesy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

reim0027 wrote:Call me elitist, but here goes. Beating DkS should be a badge of honor. It means you worked hard and developed skills. It should not be for everybody. I want people to look at my plat and say wow!

My $0.02.
    Victory means nothing if it wasn't earned. I can sail through most games, but when a game makes me work at it without being unfair it earns my undying affection.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I vote for an easy mode and the usual hard mode, two modes would bring more fans, that way if you want the oldschool difficulty, you can just play normal mode, and if you want regular difficulty play easy mode.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Think about how easy ganking or hosting would be in easy mode, and ho hard hosting would be in hardcore. Random enemies jumping into a fight would make you lose, while in easy mode they could be ignored. No, the game needs a single difficulty. Except got perma GL mode, it needs that.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Think about how easy ganking or hosting would be in easy mode, and ho hard hosting would be in hardcore. Random enemies jumping into a fight would make you lose, while in easy mode they could be ignored. No, the game needs a single difficulty. Except got perma GL mode, it needs that.

How about two separate discs?

A Dark souls Easy Version

&

A Dark Souls Prepare to meet the end of all dat is and will be.

with their own separate servers for online play D:
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Mass appeal has killed many great things. Just accept that its not for everyone and leave it be.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I vote for it to be a trick.

Dark Souls

New Game: -click-

Easy

Normal

-Clicks Easy.-

Boss has 4300hp

-Clicks Normal.-

Boss has 4300hp

Everything still kills you all the same.

<_<
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Until they put out their next game in the series all of this is speculation.

They are going to make a TON of money again on the DLC, and already did on the PC versions of the exact same game essentially. Basically they made 3x money off of one game lmao!

I don't believe they will make an easy mode, nor do I believe they will make an easy game.

They will use the funds to create another brilliant masterpiece in a year or two, that the core fans will gravitate to, along with a few new comers.

As for right now, ng7 low level runs are all the challenge I need!
    big grin
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Razielthemanslayer wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Think about how easy ganking or hosting would be in easy mode, and ho hard hosting would be in hardcore. Random enemies jumping into a fight would make you lose, while in easy mode they could be ignored. No, the game needs a single difficulty. Except got perma GL mode, it needs that.

How about two separate discs?

A Dark souls Easy Version

&

A Dark Souls Prepare to meet the end of all dat is and will be.

with their own separate servers for online play D:

So it's a good idea to split the already somewhat small fanbase?

I mean, we aren't "Small", but we certainly aren't HUGE.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 pm

My idea is have "easy mode" be more of a starting class then a mode. Just have it so they can start with better stats and gear, also maybe have a more in depth(skipable) tutorial. Honestly having an "easy mode" starting class might appeal to all of us, it could be a quick way to make pvp builds without glitching. I honestly hope nothing like easy mode is implemented though, it could easily ruin the game. I just don't see easy mode working in a souls game, and i think some people need to except this game is just not for them. I suck at certain types of games, so i either just play them horribly or not at all.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:My idea is have "easy mode" be more of a starting class then a mode. Just have it so they can start with better stats and gear, also maybe have a more in depth(skipable) tutorial. Honestly having an "easy mode" starting class might appeal to all of us, it could be a quick way to make pvp builds without glitching. I honestly hope nothing like easy mode is implemented though, it could easily ruin the game. I just don't see easy mode working in a souls game, and i think some people need to except this game is just not for them. I suck at certain types of games, so i either just play them horribly or not at all.

this seems a good ideia, it'd still have souls series essence and be helpful for some players.
    I don't know what to expect from From Software anymore, but I have this feeling here that they won't disappoint us that way. Because it would change the game experience completely.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

There is already an easy mode in the souls series.
    It's called Sorcerer.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Doelker wrote:There is already an easy mode in the souls series.
    It's called Sorcerer.

I think you meant to say pyromancer lol!
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 pm

IDK if I'd buy the new Souls if it had "easy" mode or anything less difficult lol. Part of my amusement is getting my buddies from Diablo/WoW/etc that think they are hot stuff to try and beat the Taurus Demon. So far only one of the people I have gotten to play it has gotten out of the asylum and he was the only one that kept playing it lol. It makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside tongue

One guy actually got smashed by the Asylum Demon out the gate and just dropped the controller and said, "This game's stupid, the camera sucks, and the controls are wonky, MF I gotta smoke now." I rolled soon as he shut the door behind him XD
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm

ublug wrote:🇳🇴 🇳🇴 🇳🇴 Let's hope this is just a translation error.
    Ha! In the op, even. Good call.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:
    Doelker wrote:There is already an easy mode in the souls series.
    It's called Sorcerer.

I think you meant to say pyromancer lol!

Oh hello there Mr.Dark Bead! Have you met the DkS bosses?! Oh you killed them before you were halfway through your casts? I'm so sorry about that sir Dark Souls director considering an Easy mode... - Page 2 1330857165
    L!ve

Post by L!ve Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm

I guess I wouldn't be completely against an easier mode but the developers would have to do it in a very creative way so that they don't split the multi-player aspect up into easy/hard mode players...

but.... then again I have only ever seen both souls games as more of a learning experience than a really difficult one, and a damn gratifying one at that! I'd truly hate to see that aspect of it ruined simply because some players are used to mashing buttons and using cheat codes....
    DeCeleRator93
    DeCeleRator93
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DeCeleRator93 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Good news guys it seems the comment about an easy mode was just a translation error. Here's the article Apparently this was the actual quote ‘This fact is really sad to me and I am thinking about how to make everyone complete the game while maintaining the current difficulty and carefully send all gamers the messages behind it.’ So we still get to keep our beloved difficulty cheers

Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I Dont want an easy mode.

I wish that they even make it harder,like using their ideas of making black knights(dark souls) and reapers(demons souls) wander randomly in the map...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 am