Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
6 posters

The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here Empty The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Everyone's got hatemail at some point, but what about messages that make you smile? Messages from happy hosts, messages from honorable darkwraiths?
    If you've gotten these messages then feel free to share them here. Earlier on today I was co-oping at undead parish with my level 15. I had a +5 zweihander which I two handed, the grass crest sheidl on my back, a steel chest plate (lucky drop from the berenike knight) and knight gauntlets and leggings. I was summoned to a hosts world and we proceeded to stomp on everything, and we trucked the gargoyles. As I returned to my world, I received message saying, "Thanks! Your guy looks so cool, like a movie character or something!" I smiled a lot.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here Empty Re: The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:23 pm

^Holy god, what was your roll speed at?!? :affraid:

Anyway, in my early co-op days I helped a guy beat Ornstein last in the O&S fight and he was so effusive with his praise (had never beaten Super-Orn), I stayed co-oping Anor Londo for the next week or so. It's always nice when you get friendly people, reminds you that the trolls are trolls but aren't indicative of the entire population. Hurrah
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here Empty Re: The fan mail thread: messages of happiness and regale belong here

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm

I try to give advice mail, usually pointing out glaring problems they may have in PVP or PVE. It's a 50/50 on whether they agree or think I'm a jerk, but I have helped a starting DM figure out his way around the LH scythe (though I tried to push him towards G.scythe for better range)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:28 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:^Holy god, what was your roll speed at?!? :affraid:

Anyway, in my early co-op days I helped a guy beat Ornstein last in the O&S fight and he was so effusive with his praise (had never beaten Super-Orn), I stayed co-oping Anor Londo for the next week or so. It's always nice when you get friendly people, reminds you that the trolls are trolls but aren't indicative of the entire population. Hurrah

I was just under half equip weight.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

When I used to love level Gravelord in the Parish I'd get all kinds of invaders from griefers, who gave me hate, to newbies and non glitchers who kept coming back to duel me.

There was this one guy I met who asked me to help in learn the ins an outs of pvp one afternoon and for the next two hours he constantly invaded my GL sign so he could learn to parry, dead, angle, poise BS, and avoid poise BS, and also how to optimise his build.

He friended me later sent me a big thankyou post and told me he killed two inavders in the Parish.

Another guy who I recently fought uses a Great Scythe like me and after the match we both sent each other messages saying "wow you are good with that thing".
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:40 pm

last night I mailed this guy who was healing at 1vs1 burg: "the chosen undead does not heal at duels"
    he answered me with a " ich merke es dir Meister!", something I think its like i take you as my master, i'm not sure.
    that actually made me happy cause he was new to pvp but wasn't a jerk and was open minded to understand some stuff
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm

During the PW war a guy invaded me three times, and each time he got closer to killing me, he even got a parry that failed because of a lag hit, unlucky. After the third one I sent him a message saying "Keep it up, you almost got me". He responded with "Thank you, you are a real dragonslayer!" (I was using my ornstein cosplay). He invaded me once more and just died before me. Was fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:36 am