Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
OrnsteinBro
Parsify
Wrenchfarm
callipygias
RCPD_STARS
Onion Knight
TonyDamajer
ChizFreak
12 posters

I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning) Empty I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning)

Post by ChizFreak Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:32 pm

I have to try a lot of times to get a successful summon. Most of the time it fails. And on top I have troubles even seeing signs. Maybe it's because of my level and area. But besides that, I still have troubles when I see signs and I try to summon.

Now for some reason, I have almost zero problems when invading, some occasional fail, but it works most of the time.

Now being summoned, it takes some time... but it worked perfectly for now.

Extra: Best level and place to invade for fun is Anor Londo at 40-45. You get newbies and pros alike, along with people in new game+ ready to kick your ***. As a DarkWraith I mean obviously.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning) Empty Re: I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning)

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 am

Everyone has this issue - its not you.
    I havent been around at the beginning of the console release but people say they had the same network issues the first few weeks aswell back then.
    We can only hope they get fixed soon
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning) Empty Re: I'm the only one getting troubles summoning? (finding signs and actually summoning)

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:Everyone has this issue - its not you.
    I havent been around at the beginning of the console release but people say they had the same network issues the first few weeks aswell back then.
    We can only hope they get fixed soon

I'm talking about the PC edition.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

That's what he meant . It's got the same problem the consoles had at release which is bad, you'd think they'd have fixed it. But meh. So yeah wait for a patch bro.
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 am

I noticed it too. I think it has to do with the weird spread of levels as well as connectivity issues. I never saw a sign for Manus at SL 60, yet I saw tons of signs in the depths when I farmed humanity at level 50. My worst experience so far was Artorias with about 20 failed attempts.

I should note that once I get one summon to work, I get a good streak of successes until I quit the game
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 am

RCPD_STARS wrote:I should note that once I get one summon to work, I get a good streak of successes until I quit the game
    Similar here. I'll playthrough for hours without being invaded or getting summoned, then it'll kick in for a half hour or so, then... dead again. Hours long at a time.
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am

I've had a very similar experience. I love to Jolly Co-op and its been difficult actually getting it on – both summoning phantoms into my world and getting summoned myself. Lot of "Failure to Summon" and some ridiculous waiting times with my summon sign down (and I always check to make sure I'm level appropriate for the area).

Some areas seem rougher than others oddly enough. While I can get fairly regular action by plopping my sign down in front of the Gargoyles, Biggie Smalls, and Iron Giant, I can wait upwards of half an hour with no action at Manus – and you know people are flush with humanity and looking for help with that fight. Same with Capra, and people always want help with the old goat.

I even made a Sunbro to no avail, summoning experience seems about the same as a White sign.

My Darkwraith can invade well enough though. :roll:

I've even found I have trouble being invaded. Been wandering the Forest in human form the last few nights and I can go looonnngg stretches with the gate fogged over but no Dark Spirits in sight.
    Parsify
    Parsify

Post by Parsify Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello! First post here.

I was searching for a solution for my strange summon problems...

I can't see summon signs, normally. What is very insteresting, is that as soon as the fog closes the area and the bonfire extinguishes, signaling an incoming invasion, I see A LOT of summon signs! But of course, most of them fails. I experience this all the time at Oolacile Township and Duke's Archives.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of failed invasions/summons.

At first I thought it was because there were too many people trying to invade/summon, but it's entirely possible that the same connectivity issues the console version had at the beginning of its release were transferred over to this port.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

the most annoying thing is the closed fog...
    It cirpples you becouse you either have to restart/die or keep hoping an invasion eventually occurs
    SuperHans28

Post by SuperHans28 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:33 am

It be better if the summoning range for co-op was larger. Is it only 10% of the hosts level either side?
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:56 am

I am a Sunbro for life. I love to co-op too. To me that is what keeps me coming back to the game since it was released in consoles.
    I even create my lovely toons with the porpouse of helping other people.
    On PC I just have gotten 20 sunlight medals... Only 20 in more than 60 hours of playthrough...
    My UPnP is available and in use and the nat type is OPEN, so it is not my network set up.
    I just really hope they fix it soon, if not I will leave the PC version and go back to xbox or ps3 where there is still a lot of action.
    tard01
    tard01

Post by tard01 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

I put my PC in a DMZ and still get pretty mixed results. I think i've only successfully been summoned by two people. one in white, one in sunbro.

i've left signs down fairly often as well. and when i summon people, very few work.

i do get invaded a lot int eh area before artorias. it was only taking seconds before i was being invaded. though, people seemed to be gank-happy and not duel-happy.

i've yet to be able to join an arena match, even seeing 0-6 red-rings waiting. not sure if i waited long enough. i thinkt he longest i waited was 10mins. levle 60 i think?
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I've found that opening certain ports and ALSO setting yourself as DMZ works for me. Before, if I only put myself as DMZ, it would work 1/10 times and usually with only a select one or two people who would constantly invade. When I forwarded the ports WHILE still DMZ, suddenly I was getting flooded by invades and summons were damn easy to pull in.

Ports:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
    UDP: 88, 3478, 3479, 3658
    Both: 3074, 53

A special thanks to PeeVeePeePerson for the list of ports:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVl_RlLrjg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm