Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dex Build Help

shadowscout96

Dex Build Help Empty Dex Build Help

Post by shadowscout96 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Recently I started a Dex Build. I'm currently level 37 and am using an Uchigatana. I know it scales with dex so I thought if I put a fair amount into Dex I would get a good damage output. I currently have 29 Dex and 16 strength but I am only dishing out 50 or 60 damage when I try to PvP with other players. What should I do to get a better damage output? Any help would be appreciated.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Dex Build Help Empty Re: Dex Build Help

Post by RANT Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm

try upgrading that thing to +15 dude. then get your dex to 40 and do not go above that, you shouldnt need more than 30 end and 40 vit but it depends on what sl youre gonna pvp at. also throw some pyro in there since you only need att slots and nothing else AND dex makes pyro faster.
    shadowscout96

Post by shadowscout96 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Ok I'll try that. And where can I get a pyro glove from.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:33 pm

when you get to the depths after you kill the first butcher and go through the water that makes you slow as hell theres a dor on you left and a bunch of barrels, theres someone trpped there, ROLL to destroy the barrels and free him, talk to him then go back to firelink and hell be ther and give you a pyro glove and teach you sorceries.
    shadowscout96

Post by shadowscout96 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Ok thanks I'll do that as soon as I can. And about how many att slots should I get?
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Also try the Chaos Blade. I literally hit 300+ on people. Plus it's longer than any other katana
    shadowscout96

Post by shadowscout96 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Once I got to queelag I was wondering what I should use her soul for. I guess I know now. Lol. And y'all's help is greatly appreciated.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 pm

shadowscout96 wrote:Recently I started a Dex Build. I'm currently level 37 and am using an Uchigatana. I know it scales with dex so I thought if I put a fair amount into Dex I would get a good damage output. I currently have 29 Dex and 16 strength but I am only dishing out 50 or 60 damage when I try to PvP with other players. What should I do to get a better damage output? Any help would be appreciated.

Dex/Int or Faith Hybrids are amazing, you can get Sunlight Blade and Darkmoon Blade with a Faith/Dex build, and Crystal Magic Weapon with Int/Dex builds, both are fantastic and alot of fun to use.

A little tip, stop leveling Dex at 40, the bonus you get from scaling after 40 is pretty low, it's a waste, I recommend taking Faith to 40-50, depending on whether or not you want to use Sunlight Spear.

If you want to do the most damage, you really should take advantage of Buffs, and scaling of course, because of this, you need a +15 weapon, standard reinforcement from Andre. Do NOT go for an elemental weapon, they're not worth it at all, they have zero scaling (aside from Chaos, with Humanity) and they have split damage that has to pass through two defenses, plus, they've been nerfed from what I've heard, making what was already the best the best upgrade path (+15 with buff), just that much more appealing and desirable.

I HIGHLY recommend going for either a Faith/Dex or Int/Dex build if you want to do some major damage, trust me, you will destroy.

Take a look at my video linked below, this is one of my Faith/Dex builds, take a look at the stats for reference if you feel the need to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIv5anZc168

Good luck!

Last edited by Dragon Slayer Ornstein on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Tbh, and I'm not saying anything bad about Dragon Slayer, if you want low level PvP. Use Chaos Blade +5 and Great Scythe+15. Both are amazing weapons and do really high damage. So if you choose to do Pure dex, go that way. Also Composite bow is really good. It's in the New Londo area. Near the water drainage place. Anyway have fun with it.

If you do Int, use DMB. With 50 faith like Dragon Slayer said, it kills. Just use it with a Uchi or Great scythe and rack up souls.

Although practice in the forest with the scythe as it's kinda tricky to use. But if you master it, you'll be devestating. Ask ViralEnsign.
    BK

Post by BK Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Dragon Slayer Ornstein wrote:
    shadowscout96 wrote:Recently I started a Dex Build. I'm currently level 37 and am using an Uchigatana. I know it scales with dex so I thought if I put a fair amount into Dex I would get a good damage output. I currently have 29 Dex and 16 strength but I am only dishing out 50 or 60 damage when I try to PvP with other players. What should I do to get a better damage output? Any help would be appreciated.

Dex/Int or Faith Hybrids are amazing, you can get Sunlight Blade and Darkmoon Blade with a Faith/Dex build, and Crystal Magic Weapon with Int/Dex builds, both are fantastic and alot of fun to use.

A little tip, stop leveling Dex at 40, the bonus you get from scaling after 40 is pretty low, it's a waste, I recommend taking Faith to 40-50, depending on whether or not you want to use Sunlight Spear.

If you want to do the most damage, you really should take advantage of Buffs, and scaling of course, because of this, you need a +15 weapon, standard reinforcement from Andre. Do NOT go for an elemental weapon, they're not worth it at all, they have zero scaling (aside from Chaos, with Humanity) and they have split damage that has to pass through two defenses, plus, they've been nerfed from what I've heard, making what was already the best the best upgrade path (+15 with buff), just that much more appealing and desirable.

I HIGHLY recommend going for either a Faith/Dex or Int/Dex build if you want to do some major damage, trust me, you will destroy.

Take a look at my video linked below, this is one of my Faith/Dex builds, take a look at the stats for reference if you feel the need to.

Good luck!

Aha, this is pretty much exactly what I was wondering, a DEX/INT build, that is what I will try for my second playthrough!
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:38 pm

BK wrote:
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein wrote:

Good luck!

Aha, this is pretty much exactly what I was wondering, a DEX/INT build, that is what I will try for my second playthrough!

Trust me, you will love it! it requires some farming but it's totally worth it, they're extremely versatile.
    shadowscout96

Post by shadowscout96 Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am

Alright thanks you guys. I am probably gonna do the faith/dexterity hybrid cause it looks like a lot of fun and has seems pretty fun to use.

Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 am

Watch this first. Might change your mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBKtlY1LH4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 pm