Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
X-government-agent
Tolvo
tofucactaur
StockpileThomas
Peaceful Wollyhop
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
e82
lordgodofhell
FruitPunchNinja
Garl_Vinland
callipygias
Ghadis_God
Yukon
Slarg232
Buggy Virus
Knight Alundil
21 posters

Can you all just stop please?

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Can you all just stop please? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you all just stop please?

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:Any decent PvPer shouldnt need to lock on and if they do then thats why the fog ring would be effective. Y'know

I don't agree with this. I consider myself fairly decent at pvp, among others on the streams, and 100% of them lock on at some point in the duel. To NEVER lock on would result in less accuracy and isn't an effective strategy for entire duration of matches.

I agree with your thread here that some things should not be complained about. Hell I would love a harder version of Dark souls personally, where farming was more difficult, no cheats existed, and one needed skill to obtain kills. Sadly, this is the online world where someone will always exploit and followers ensue.

That's precisely my point! You said yourself you lock on "At some point in the duel", whether it be 100% of the time, 75%, 50% or whatever you use it to some degree. That's the point in the fog ring, to take away that ability.

"To NEVER lock on would result in less accuracy and isn't an effective strategy for entire duration of matches. "
    Of course not, you're opponent is using it. Why would he use something thats an effective strategy for you? It's to give him an advantage.

And if you're going to say its just straight up OP to not be able to lock on at all then I would just have to disagree with that; I believe the ring slot it takes up is worth that ability, considering the power some other rings have.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm

I miss the day when I was afraid to do anything in this game. I wish I could have that time back:(
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Knight, did you play at launch? Its so easy to fish for a bs when the person can't lock on. Especially with lag, that ring was just broken. Everyone knew it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm

strafe bs's can be canceled via r1 spam of a twohanded curved sword about 80% of the time.. i really wouln't mind if they made the spell version cancel lock-on though since it lasts such a short time..
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I miss the day when I was afraid to do anything in this game. I wish I could have that time back:(
    Afraid because you don't know what's coming, or because something's going to kill you?
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm sad about the DWGR nerf because I use it all the time in boss battles especially Smough & Orstein and the Four Kings : (
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Knight, did you play at launch? Its so easy to fish for a bs when the person can't lock on. Especially with lag, that ring was just broken. Everyone knew it.

At launch, nearly 75%(not a real statistic) of players used the Ring of Fog in PVP. It was terrible; everyone looked like a transparent Ring Wraith when this game came out, haha. When they nerfed it, I rejoiced.

And now, they're nerfing the next worse thing in the game, the DWGR. I am pleased.

Praise the Sun
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:10 pm

I totally agree about the FOG ring, it was very very brutal at launch....I remember using large club 1 hand R2 to try to stun opponents when they used it....
    However I do wish it had some power.....its not overly useful now,
    it could make the toon a little more invisible and after a certain distance you could not seem the toon at all(could be cool if it covered buffs)
    or it could remove lock on at a shorter distance than normal like dark anor londo....
    just ideas, because as it stands right now, it is fairly useless...I was trying it today in the TOG
    and right now I feel like switching back to wolf ring...
    I will say that since the announcement of the DWGR it has been a blast trying to create builds with good poise that can still fast roll....
    I do generally think some nerfs were for the best, and some have totally destroyed items(MOF)
    when an item ceases to work because it has been nerfed so hard then something is wrong...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Well a nice effect with it might be, becoming totally invisible when standing still.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm

People cry like ***** on every game when they owned by things
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 pm

standing still invisible idea is great one, sounds cool as
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I agree no more petitions.

I don't think the game was THAT much easier before any patches. there's only a few things which really made a massive difference to make it easier like soul drops, but like others have said, the majority of changes were so that farming was reduced, which i support.

the dragon legs in izalith though, that was needless lol.

i think iron flesh had to be nerfed. i think this video says it all really

tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

LOL thats awesome
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

I think petitions are fine, but they should have less to do with the game. Maybe if there was a petition to bring the game to another console, if it is possible. Whether it is possible or not based off the number of people that would actually buy it. I think that if anything is to be worth a petition, it will be something that puts money actually in From's Pocket. Not things for them to do out of the bottom of their own wallets.
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 727 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 pm

honestly the only serious Nerfs i think the game needed was the fog ring and the DWGR however i truly liked the fog rings ability but not the way it was used. the only real reason it was nerfed was because of BS fishing. so why not just take out the reason it was hated. instead of removing the anti lock on just make it to where you cannot BS while wearing it?

as far as the DWGR goes. i like the nerf because i feel the <50% setting was a mistake on their part. im certain they meant for it to be for extremely lightweight to lightweight builds. it would offer a roll better than the fast roll and then give a purpose using armor that could achieve the fast roll without weight increasing items such as Havel's or the FaPR. it makes extremely light armor builds more viable now that its down to <25%

edit: when i mean serious nerfs i mean towards pvp. ^^; iron flesh needed the nerf too.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 am

I honestly think they made the DWGR the way they did as a sort of easy mode, im dead serious. Anyone who was having trouble once they found the DWGR everything became so much easier. I will admit it even made my first playthrough way too easy once i found it. I think pretty much everyone used it to beat orn and smough. And the people who didn't do the iron flesh tank and spank method on 4kings most likely used it. It really just made the game too easy.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Knight, did you play at launch? Its so easy to fish for a bs when the person can't lock on. Especially with lag, that ring was just broken. Everyone knew it.

Yeh I did man and thats my point, everyone was a noob there and everyone had bad connection issues. I think if we went up against it now it would be more of a fair fight. Of course some minor changes wouldn't be amiss;

Tolvo wrote:Well a nice effect with it might be, becoming totally invisible when standing still.

This and someone mentioned making the lock on range alot shorter for someone wearing fog ring (I think it would be good to have this on both the wearer and the attacker)

Also, someone mentioned remove the ability to backstab while wearing fog ring. Mmmmmm, seems like the fog ring is very "thief"-y and taking away backstabs for this would be very strange big grin

Serious_Much wrote:the dragon legs in izalith though, that was needless lol.

Not
    100% on what you mean here. I remember getting slaughtered my first run
    through there but running through since the game was patched has been
    just that; running through.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I honestly think they made the DWGR the way
    they did as a sort of easy mode, im dead serious. Anyone who was having
    trouble once they found the DWGR everything became so much easier. I
    will admit it even made my first playthrough way too easy once i found
    it. I think pretty much everyone used it to beat orn and smough. And the
    people who didn't do the iron flesh tank and spank method on 4kings
    most likely used it. It really just made the game too easy.

Actually on my first play through I had an epic fat roll adventure big grin
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I agree no more petitions.

I don't think the game was THAT much easier before any patches. there's only a few things which really made a massive difference to make it easier like soul drops, but like others have said, the majority of changes were so that farming was reduced, which i support.

Best. Video. Ever.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm

I can agree with somethings talked about here on the thread. But i can also agree that if you master a weapon type, you can dominate any other weapon type with it, if you use it correctly anyway. Yes im happy that the dwgr got nerfed, i can admit that before the patch i was still able to kill the mass majority of my foes anyway. Like my Maneater mildred cosplay video. I faced my friends (both being fliping tanks with greatswords and moonlight swords) I won pretty much every fight. Patience, and learning how to use each character/style/build is key. And learning how to throw off the "OP" and to kick their arse. nerfs/patches isent always the answer.

Mildred pvp vid: https://youtu.be/2mArM887AV0
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I agree no more petitions.

Best. Video. Ever.
    Werd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:51 pm