Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
BackstabFisherman
RANT
roanispe
callipygias
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
cloudyeki
Knight Alundil
12 posters

Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers)

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers) Empty Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers)

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Every time I make a build it always has similarities. And i'm sick of it.

So here's the deal , im making my next toon and the only item I need it to have it the Obsidian Greatsword, and a buff for it. (Charcoal/Rotten pine resin is A-OK!)

Apart from that their are only a few restrictions -

No fathers mask
    No Silver/Black knight shield
    No havel gear
    No pyromancy
    No royal helm
    No avelyn

Anyone just wanting to throw their fav gear into the mix please, leave a post! big grin
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers) Empty Re: Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers)

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

eastern arms and legs with the wolf ring!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers) Empty Re: Help me out with your preferred gear! (spoilers)

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Thankyou!

Sorry should've mentioned in the original post, could you tell me why?

Also, you dont have to tell me why lol!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

I really like the dragon body. The animation looks fast enough for you to be able to roar (sunning them if they have their shield up) and then do the special.
    It would do insane damage, since it would not only get the dragon roar boost, but also the boost from a counter hit.
    But i'm not sure if it's fast enough or not.

EDIT: Just remembered that the dragon body is nerferd sad So forget about it.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Spurgun wrote:I really like the dragon body. The animation looks fast enough for you to be able to roar (sunning them if they have their shield up) and then do the special.
    It would do insane damage, since it would not only get the dragon roar boost, but also the boost from a counter hit.
    But i'm not sure if it's fast enough or not.

EDIT: Just remembered that the dragon body is nerferd sad So forget about it.

Haha this is actually something I would have refused as well silly Didn't think about dragon form at all when doing the OP.

Yeh I dono I just hate dragon form with a passion lol. Nothing to do with glitchers, im just utter *** at being a dragon big grin

Is there any gear you specifically like? Hornet ring? Cloranthy ring/crest shield? Hollow shoes?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Wolf ring will be the new DWGR, and you can eat grass instead of using the cloranthy. I personally only use the HR in ganks. The heater shield is my standard shield, but i hotswap to the BK if i meet a pyro.

I don't really have any ideas for you. My standard setup is : Dragon form, FaP ring, Wolf ring. I haven't used anything else in months. Except for when i hotswap wolfs for RTS.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Spurgun wrote:Wolf ring will be the new DWGR, and you can eat grass instead of using the cloranthy. I personally only use the HR in ganks. The heater shield is my standard shield, but i hotswap to the BK if i meet a pyro.

I don't really have any ideas for you. My standard setup is : Dragon form, FaP ring, Wolf ring. I haven't used anything else in months. Except for when i hotswap wolfs for RTS.

That's all stuff I regularly use too. Damn sad
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Well. I run 0 poise frequently.

Unique build: http://tinyurl.com/8u7xvyc

The east wood grain becomes RTSr @ low hp.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Spurgun wrote:I don't really have any ideas for you. My standard setup is : Dragon form, FaP ring, Wolf ring. I haven't used anything else in months.
    Man, I don't know how you guys do that. A big part of why I keep running through +'s over and over and over is so I can have all the gear, and have it all maxed out or close to maxed out. I switch the 'build' on my main guy probably every 6 hours or so.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:I don't really have any ideas for you. My standard setup is : Dragon form, FaP ring, Wolf ring. I haven't used anything else in months.
    Man, I don't know how you guys do that. A big part of why I keep running through +'s over and over and over is so I can have all the gear, and have it all maxed out or close to maxed out. I switch the 'build' on my main guy probably every 6 hours or so.

Its mostly for pvp so I like to hover around 80,100,120 and 150 now for the arena. Because of this my characters have to be more specific big grin
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:10 pm

A Fav of mine for female toons is Leather Armor, Paladins Leggings, Eastern gaunts and CoD. Gives you 54 poise with wolf ring.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

If are looking for builds, here are a Faith, and Intellegence buffed Obsidian Greatsword builds. Both have a heal for the arena, and are vetted out with the Gargoyle Helm, Knight's Chest, Giant's Gauntlets, and Hollow Solider Waistcloth to give a healthy 56 poise, and solid defensive ratings. Most prominently, it has 410 Slash Defence which helps greatly against Katanas, or many other Dexterity weapons. A big problem I have with Wolf Ring is the lack of physical defence you get with it, and it often lowers the effective HP total you'll have, even with the Endurance that will be save reinvested in Vitality. I try to stay away from it when I can, but for the largest weapons, you often won't be able to.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Well. I run 0 poise frequently.

Unique build: http://tinyurl.com/8u7xvyc

The east wood grain becomes RTSr @ low hp.

i have that same build but with 28 str to one hand the mura whenever i wanna use it. wha about this?!! http://tinyurl.com/9kxj9s4 its my new str build, you DO NOT need 53 poise after the dlc since you can roll out or toggle out of the gs, 42 is good enough for two katana hits, i switch wolf to rtsr when in low vit which is when i start using the xbow which hits for 500 per hit.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8osexuh ??
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 pm

NO! 5 more vit are barely gonna make a difference, i'd rather have more defense and res. i sometimes go with crystal heavy crosbow but i have to switch the big hat which has awesome res. plus it looks cool.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe you should post what build you got on the character planner, and tell us what kind of equip burden you want, and poise break point you want.

The best light armor defense combo for Armor/glove/legs:

Dingy Robe
    Wanderer's Manchete
    Maiden Skirt.

If you want 0 poise, and low weight and balanced defenses that is the armor setup you want, if you don't care any about looks. If you have a male character, yes he will look like a princess, especially with the Dusk Crown. If you want to look less like a princess, you can replace the Maiden skirt with the Black Sorcerer boots, they also weigh a little less if you need some extra burden to use a heavier weapon, or etc.

Helmet is usually Mom's Mask, or Dusk Crown depending on the build. Not the best defense, but still the most useful. If you don't want either of those, then use a Wanderer's Hood.

If you want poise, the hollow soldier waist gives 7 poise for 1.5 weight which is the best poise to weight ratio for any piece of equipment in the game by a huge margin.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm

i used to love the wanderer and hollow theif chest/hoods. but then i discovered if i make my character have pure white receding hair and the witch cloak he is Virgil from DMC3, and that is more badass then anything possible.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 pm

My single favorite piece of armor is the Catarina helm.

EVERYONE recognizes an onionbro immediately as a gentlemen and scholar. There is really no downside.(also catarina set itself has stats too good for its weight compared to other armor sets, I guess the zero curse resist hurts a little....once)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Min stats for the Obsidian GS, then bump either Faith or Intelligence for CMW (with TCC) or SLB. 32 Int minimum for using CMW at a lower level, and 30 Faith for SLB. Pretty straightforward. You don't need a backup for when your buff runs out because the Obsidian GS is a formidable weapon in its own right. If you're rolling Faith, I like the Sanctus, and the often overlooked Replenishment miracle. It puts pressure on your opponents to be more aggressive and it has a useful benefit as well. If you want to free up some weight, you could always use a Dark hand in place of a shield, for parries mostly. The Crest and Dragon Crest shields are useful against magic and pyro respectively, the DC shield is the lightest fire-blocking shield with decent stability, and the Crest shield can come in handy.
    However, I recommend an Int. build to make the best use of the epic new Dark Magic. In that case, I would forgo a shield and use a cat in the left hand along with a MLBH to give some range and speed to your melee capacity.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:59 am

callipygias wrote:

I don't know how you guys manage to fight without the roar. I tried fighting with armor one day, and i was owned by everyone. I didn't even win once, and i had no way to combat turtles.
    I'm never going to give up on the dragon body, even if it's nerfed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:11 am

Big hat

Giant chest

Giant gauntlets

Maiden skirt

because it has truly impressive defenses especially for magic. Or did you mean builds?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:49 am