Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Sound problems?

js100serch
    js100serch

Sound problems? Empty Sound problems?

Post by js100serch Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm

big grin Hi everyone

Well this is not a problem indeed, this is something funny that is happening to me related to the sound in dark souls. Since there's no option to activate the 5.1 channel. I don't even know if there's such thing in DS. I just connect mi PS3 to my old hometheater via standard AV/cable and for video I use the HDMI cable.

Ok here's the thing. As you already know when you press START you get that noisy cool sound but sometimes this sound feels deeper and sometimes not. Also sometimes I can hear multiple environmental sounds (birds, frogs, etc) everywhere just beautiful, bot sometimes not. Like if I'm just getting a 2.0 channel sound forced in 5.1 by my Home theater.

Seem like I'm getting a real 5.1 channel sound like 3 out of 8 playing sessions. what's going on?
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Sound problems? Empty Re: Sound problems?

Post by bmurn Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

I am pretty sure DS outputs in 5.1. I will look at my stereo again tonight to see if it is picking up 5.1.

Do you ever change the settings on your home theatre? Some stereos offer simulated surround sound, or other effects. Your stereo may also automatically try to interpret the signal it is receiving and for some reason it may not recognize it all the time. Is the HDMI cable running to your stereo prior to the TV?

I am assuming you do not adjust the sound output in the PS3 menu. This could also impact it.
    js100serch
    js100serch

Post by js100serch Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi thanks for answer.

Yep, my PS3 is configured to output the sound via "AV MULTI OUT" option in "audio output" menu. But there are no other options to configure with that output. The HDMI goes from my PS3 to my LCD TV and that's it.

The only way to get more options is connecting the system with an optical or HDMI cable, but this home theater has no HDMI input and the only OPTICAL input never worked I bought a cable but naahh nothing... apparently that input wore out...

Maybe my home theater needs some maintenance due to it's inactivity. that sound system spent a lot of time turned off getting dust you know =) ... actually I rescued it...

Sorry for my bad english i'm from mexico XD
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 am

No problem.

What model is the stereo, brand and model number, I can take a look on line at the inputs and see what the options are.

Also, is your TV audio turned all the way down? A random stab in the dark, but are you sometimes just getting audio throught he Tv speakers and other times actually getting audio through the stereo?

But you are correct, if it is real dusty it may be that you are getting inconsistent sound due to the dust interfering. Things might be loose as well.

No worries, your english is great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:49 pm