Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ViralEnsign_
ErrJon6661
6 posters

Assassins of Vinhiem Poll

Poll

AoV Poll

[ 5 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap25%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap5%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap5%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap15%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap10%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap15%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_lcap10%Assassins of Vinhiem Poll I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 3 ]

Total Votes: 20
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Assassins of Vinhiem Poll Empty Assassins of Vinhiem Poll

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 am

Assassins and concerned members of the forum.

The above is a poll concerning potential changes to the covenant. Chose the options you are in favor of.

The issues are.

Poise, currently the wolf ring is allowed. We are considering banning the wolf ring, but allowing armors with poise and having a low poise limit.

Chaos Sorcerers. Currently there are none. We are considering removing the faction as well as further limiting pyromancies, currently proposed is the mists, acid surge and chaos firestorm.

Lastly is level cap. We are tennatively considering rasing the level cap but removing the option of elemental weapons. Limiting weapon upgrades to normal, raw, magic, enchanted, and crystal.

obviously there are multiple choices for each issue, so please only vote one for each.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Assassins of Vinhiem Poll Empty Re: Assassins of Vinhiem Poll

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 am

Well a certain assassins armour is at poise 20 so.... I suggested you allow for poise 20 and ditch the wolf ring.

Also suggested to remove Chaos class and limit Pyromancies.

Though if my outside opinion isn't required here I can remove it.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:49 am

All opinions are welcome viral. we'd love to see you back big grin
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:56 am

Lol my Carim Sniper could work for you guys if you want.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 am

Go for it dude. Hahahahaha. It'd be a sick darkstalker build.

You should test the leo ring on it when you build it as well. Actually... I think I can test that right now...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:09 am

If it works.... then BOOOOOYEAH!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 am

I like the pyro ideas. A spook with Pyromancy would be amazing.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:45 am

if the level cap was raised to 100 it would be ridiculously OP
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:49 am

http://tinyurl.com/9oh9r9q
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 am

Lol Im making a Carim Sniper SL 55 Dark Stalker AoV build
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am

To be honest, the current build structure I think is fine, the only thing on the list I could vote for was to keep elemental weapons and allow increased level cap, however I wouldn't recommend increasing the level cap, as it defines the covenant, and it's integral to online play that our level doesn't go above that of the other covenants too, however with the lower SL cap, i'd say elemental weapons are still needed for builds below sl65 really.

For the wolf ring issue, i'd personally say either keep the wolf ring, still allowing only light armour without poise, or remove wolf ring... and still don't allow poise. To me, while it's sad ciaran's armour has poise in terms of the covenant's limitations, if i could mention one thing about the covenant's builds that defines us, it would be having and needing no poise. I'd urge you not to ruin that.

I think actually, that the restrictions on pyromancy are too severe. I understand why you want to do them, to make you invest stats into attunement to use the chaos spells, but it's truly not ideal, and locking out things like tempest and GC is done but i don't truly understand why they were locked in the first place despite the possible attunement stat investment

Can't there be a vote to keep things as they are? I don't think there's anything wrong with the covenant too much apart from the pyro.

p.s. My next AoV build i'm making is a chaos sorcerer, just sayin'
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29 am

I also wanna say that if you change the rules, guys with builds now are gonna have to remake them probably, which will be a massive pain in the *** if you're not a glitcher.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:50 am

I wouldn't touch poise rules honestly. But i'm fine with allowing 20 and banning wolf ring, so i voted for that.

IF chaos sorcerer is removed, i would limit pyromancies to mists and chaos storm so trapmasters could have some special tricks which darkstalkers or spooks dont have. Otherwise trapmasters are too similar to darkstalkers. But if there is interest, chaos sorcerer could stay of course. I think chaos fireball and chaos fire whip should only be available for chaos sorcerers. Possibly great combustion too, but i don't want any build be able to spam pyros and that's why gc is problematic.

I would not remove elemental weapons or raise the level cap. My Darkstalker will be useless, and i would have to remake my spook. Which is one of the first builds i ever finished and still my favourite. I don't want our members to OH KO new players at burg, but i don't think banning elemental weapons is a good decision. It limits the builds too much. And seriously, no one will be doing a vit gouge elemental build anyway big grin

If people want to do higher level assassins, it's ok, but there should at least be the option to do low level builds too. Now that i think of it, if i would make a high level build, it would actually be a chaos sorcerer so i could hit 50 int, 45 dex for fast casting, and 50 attunement. I have no need to level up much with other factions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 am

FinPeku wrote:

I would not remove elemental weapons or raise the level cap. My Darkstalker will be useless, and i would have to remake my spook. Which is one of the first builds i ever finished and still my favourite. I don't want our members to OH KO new players at burg, but i don't think banning elemental weapons is a good decision. It limits the builds too much. And seriously, no one will be doing a vit gouge elemental build anyway big grin

i agree fin, i think common sense and discretion should just be used by members. use appropriate gear for appropriate levels, then anything past anor londo everything is fair game.

however, on your idea of GC being for spamming.. you're forgetting the way that the assassin playstyle, or at least in my mind works. it's very much hit and run or do a bs, to a wakeup pyro to kill. it's not made for extended combat, that's why i feel allowing pyros is okay, since the playstyle of an assassin means you'd never spam pyro anyways
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am

Serious_Much wrote:i agree fin, i think common sense and discretion should just be used by members. use appropriate gear for appropriate levels, then anything past anor londo everything is fair game.
    I have to clarify my opinion a bit. I have nothing against oneshotting people with these builds. So i have nothing against using elemental weapons in catacombs or sen's fortress. I have never invaded anywhere earlier in the game than that. To be honest, assassins are meant to kill fast and possibly in one hit. But whenever i have to fight 1v1 and i see my opponent is clearly very new to the game, i just use something like dung pies, poison throwing knifes, black firebombs and crossbows/bows to put as much pressure on my opponent as i can and then when he is already at low health i finish with a backstab or a flashy Painting guardian R2. Because that's how i think assassins would fight if they would have to fight "fairly" 1v1. And that's how i think my target will have his heartbeat going crazy and how he will remember the invasion as something special and not just some random moron invading and oneshotting him and then spamming well what is it.

But more often when i invade at sen's fortress for example, the host has glitched gear, and usually one or two phantoms which have too so i don't want to limit myself in those situations.

I know gc can be used in more ways than just spamming. And i think wakeup gc would be a nice finishing move. But 8 casts is just too much in my opinion. Well, i don't know. I have said few times before that i have very mixed feelings when it comes to pyros.

As you said, common sense should be used. I know we have not written any lore or stuff like that, but we are still roleplaying assassins in a way. The point has never been any form of assholery.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:05 pm

yeah, the guy i have is made for sens fortress.. but then again he's a trapmaster, so he's made to grief back the guys who invade and troll sen's fortress so he's only gonna go up against glitchers or low level invaders with top notch gear
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

I have similar plans for my trapmaster too happy

I think i'll even leave burg and lower burg open for invasions to teach those griefers a lesson twisted
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Heh, fin - I think I am pretty memorable. A naked guy with no facial features except for eyes, which are completely white. And his skin is pitch black xD When I kill people I moon em' I tend to get massive amounts of hatemail for it, but I guarantee it was a memorable experience for them - they will never see something of the sort again winking
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Pitch black skin and white eyes? You have praised the sun far too much bro winking
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:00 pm

haha - indeed, those cataracts! I also dual wield catalysts... If it is a noob I will 2h my TCC and use r2's
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

@Serious, to clarify a bit these are just things that I am curious about to start off. Idea's I've had for the covenant and I'm wondering what members and outsiders think about it. I'll be paying more attention to people's actual feedback rather than poll results when the rules are being decided.

Also about the pyro. I've banned GC specifically for its overuse in pvp. You have to remember when I started this covenant I started it as a challenge to myself and I opened that challenge to other members. If the chaos sorcerer was allowed great combustion I can almost guarantee that they will use one spell in most of their assassinations. The goal of each individual faction is to create a unique strategy to eliminate the target. So many players I see use the same strategy and this aims to break that.

As a bit of a by product I've only allowed the chaos pyromancies for a few reason. First off in order to use them you need much more attunement. The second reason is they leave lava which could be used as a distraction/block so that if you fail at your ambush you could then run, hide and reset.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Then again Jon - you could get a fellow who just uses CoD, BDCR RTSR and PW and Fire surge, 2-3 hits for 400 damage later the fellow is dead.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:23 pm

No problem dude.

Also I'll be posting an updated equipment list including gear from the PTD edition. If anyone has suggestions that don't seem obvious let me know and I'll have them considered.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:04 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:Also about the pyro. I've banned GC specifically for its overuse in pvp. You have to remember when I started this covenant I started it as a challenge to myself and I opened that challenge to other members. If the chaos sorcerer was allowed great combustion I can almost guarantee that they will use one spell in most of their assassinations. The goal of each individual faction is to create a unique strategy to eliminate the target. So many players I see use the same strategy and this aims to break that.

As a bit of a by product I've only allowed the chaos pyromancies for a few reason. First off in order to use them you need much more attunement. The second reason is they leave lava which could be used as a distraction/block so that if you fail at your ambush you could then run, hide and reset.

Yeah, thats more or less what i had in mind for reasons, and they're fair. The only problem with pyromancy is that other than combustion, there are no other really fast attacks in their arsenal, there's nothing to use with a chaos sorcerer as a quick attack without using their weapon, which isn't really the point of the class in my eyes.

Jon i say decided on the poise ideas first, then afterwards we can have discussions on armour we are allowed to use knowing the limits we have to stick to.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:09 pm

That was the plan. The armor will still be very limited as you won't be able to strap on anything havels and so on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm