Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
DNL
Veradox
ChizFreak
dualcross
Dinako
Christoph
callipygias
Doelker
e82
Boogerwood
Purity
15 posters

How to always find your friends' Summon Signs!

Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

How to always find your friends' Summon Signs! Empty How to always find your friends' Summon Signs!

Post by Purity Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge by now, but I had o dig through a lot of threads (on different forums) until I found this info, so I decided to post it here, hopefully it will help some people.

So, after some time trying to get summoned by a friend near a fog door (restarting, replacing signs and all that), I decided to do some proper search and I came across this, and it really works:

First you'll need to be on the start menu, then you go to your friend's gamertag page(or whatever it's called) on gfwl, and there you'll be able to select "join game in session".

What this does is put you both on the same session, then you select your character, and if you meet the normal summon requirements, your friend's sign should always appear now! (Please note it will still take some seconds for it to appear on your screen, so constantly replacing signs is not advised)

This made me really happy! Yes, it's not intuitive at all, but atleast there's a way to do it, and save large amounts of frustration and time. We managed to do 3 bosses (including 3 runs on one of them) without any issue! A couple of times I even saw his ghost running and stopping by my summoning sign. Really cool stuff.

Hope this helps someone.

Edit: I'd love to credit the author of the thread, but I'm at work and the those forums are blocked here. I'll add it when I'm home and have time to do it
    Edit2: Here's the thread: http://preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4546

Last edited by Purity on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

How to always find your friends' Summon Signs! Empty Re: How to always find your friends' Summon Signs!

Post by Boogerwood Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Thank you SOOOOO much. It's such a simple solution I completely never thought to even see if there was a "Join game" option in Windows Live. Can't wait to give it a try. Now if only it worked cross platform (xbox and PC) lol.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

How to always find your friends' Summon Signs! Empty Re: How to always find your friends' Summon Signs!

Post by e82 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am

Has anyone had this work when playing on the same network? My and my BF have been trying to co-op together - and even if we do end up seeing a summon sign, we always get summoned failed.

I've also noticed that if we are both playing at the same time, the online component goes completely bonked. If I am playing and he's not - I can summon somewhat frequently / invade / etc, but if he starts playing - I can't summon at all, and I get way more failed invasions.
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:38 am

Hmm can't say I have.. but..

Have you looked into your networking settings on gfwl?

This thread on steam's forum might help you.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2902926

Edit: Also, not saying it is the case, but if you are constantly changing and replacing signs in hopes of making it appear, the sign that does pop up on other person's game might be an old one, so you will get the failed to summon message. (I noticed this when my friend actually saw my sign when I was restarting the game).

So before going to that steam page, I suggest trying what was said on the OP , wait a couple of minutes for the sign to appear, and trying to connect. If it still doesn't let you, then yes, I suggest venturing into that steam post and trying to fix your networking issues with gfwl.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:56 am

I read it and it seems that GFWL is working fine on my computer. My Network info says UPnP enabled and in use and my nat type is open...
    Still I get a lot of fail summons or constantly disconnected.
    I hope they patch it soon...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank, op. Great info.
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Cool info, thanks.
    Dinako
    Dinako

Post by Dinako Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am

Lol, I can't press "Joing game" sad
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Are you on the start menu? If you're already in the game it won't let you. And if you're already in the same session I think it won't let you click it either.
    dualcross

Post by dualcross Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm

im trying to do this with my brother on the start menu but there is no 'join game' button, only an 'invite to game' button that is greyed out.

any ideas?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Okay thanks for the info. Gonna try this out, +1 to you!
    dualcross

Post by dualcross Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 pm

can anyone confirm that you can join a friend's game?
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 am

I had no Join option, either. But waiting for a couple of minutes paid itself - I finally saw the sign %)
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 am

I joined the sessions and looked for an hour for the sign and haven't found it sad
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I think your soul levels have to be within range as well. I'm not sure how well this works after trying.
    dualcross

Post by dualcross Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I have never actually seen the 'Join Game' button on my GWFL menu on my friend's gamer tag menu

All I see is 'Invite to Game' that is greyed out

Anyone have any idea how this works?
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

^ I don;t have that either happy F*cking mystery? Or a brag? big grin
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm

"Join game in session" will appear if your friend is online and playing, you're on the start menu, and playing on a different session than yours. If you can't click join game (if all that appears is a grayed out invite to game) then it means(probably) that you're already on the same session.

Again, the normal summoning requirements must be met. (being within 10% of eachother's level, not have beaten the boss etc). And again, place the sign and wait a bit, don't keep replacing it.

If all of this is met and you still can't find it, are you sure you're not experiencing any network problems (are you seeing other player's signs, and being invaded?)

Not sure if the system has any flaws or not, but it's there, and it did work for me, and for a lot of others.
    Here's the original post I saw it on:
    http://preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4546

edit: Here's another thread about it http://www.giantbomb.com/dark-souls/61-32697/how-to-effectively-team-up-in-dark-souls-from-start-to-finish/35-534438/
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 am

Making a simple YouTube vid, showing it step-by-step would be much appreciated. It might appear that we're simply looking at a wrong place...
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

I have used this trick - it is still hit or miss. The best thing to do is simply communicate via teamspeak/vent/skype, indicate whether or not there was a failed to summon, try again, and if you fail twice in a row, both members quit and return to refresh their servers.

A friend and I have to go through this every once in a while. The good news is once you do have your buddy summoned, until you log off, you can always successfully summon your friend.
    Dinako
    Dinako

Post by Dinako Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Well if you want to join your friends game. He should try to be invaded or summon someone and you join the session o_o. That's how I do it lol!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am

Anyone know if PS3/Xbox has a similar setup?
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:01 pm

It didn't work for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:54 am