Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

A most urgent and needed fix for this game!

SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

A most urgent and needed fix for this game! Empty A most urgent and needed fix for this game!

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 am

Not having to watch the damn opening sequence every time I want to quit and reload. Farming in the hollow is brutal and snuggly too sad .
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A most urgent and needed fix for this game! Empty Re: A most urgent and needed fix for this game!

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:16 am

The 1080p mod removes it.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

A most urgent and needed fix for this game! Empty Re: A most urgent and needed fix for this game!

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:20 am

I don't mean to derail my own thread here. Is there a reference of accepted mods so that I'm not crossing end user agreement stuff?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:42 am

I don't think any mods are a no no if they provide graphical stuff, need a link?
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

Don't think it should cause any ToS/etc issues - and if they decided to ban for it, you would probably see about 90% of the PC-player population vanish. The game looks so much better with this fix, that I couldn't imagine playing without it now.

It's not modifying anything in the game, it works just by placing a DLL into the folder - works like other direct-x injection things do with other games.

Durante is keeping this mod 'legit' (ie: not tampering with anything with GFWL/etc) - just improving graphics, and some graphical related things - HUD tweaks (size, transparency, removing it if you want).

About the only 'questionable' feature that you could argue is auto-backing up your save files, so you in theory could revert to a point before 'oh crap, I just killed a black-smith!', but seeing how GFWL can have a tendency to mess up save games - and a dozen other ways to manage your save files, don't see much harm in this to be honest.
    Nurgle523
    Nurgle523

Post by Nurgle523 Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 am

Save game backup is practically a necessity. I haven't had many problems but in this game you don't want to lose your save ever regardless.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 pm

if you download the DSFix on the nexus site, you just need to open the .ini file and change the value from 0 to 1 on the skip cutscne line in the botton of the file

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:37 am