Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

How under appreciated is the Shotel?

goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

How under appreciated is the Shotel?  Empty How under appreciated is the Shotel?

Post by goober0331 Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:32 pm

The Shotel compliments so many other weapons and builds that it should become a staple to Souls builds.

It has nearly identical movesets to the Scimitar and Falchion (with the weight of the Falchion), except of its signature R2 attacks which go through shields. It swings fast enough and has great dead angles to foil BS fishers of all kinds. And its effective against turtles who hide behind shields.

Its downfall its obviously its range, and the R2 attacks chew through stamina quite a lot, but those are small beans with the benefits it has. It also doesnt have the best scaling (+15 E in Str and B in Dex).

I'm currently using it in conjunction with my BKGA and switching it out with my Composite Bow and am having excellent results with it.

Thoughts anyone?!?!??!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How under appreciated is the Shotel?  Empty Re: How under appreciated is the Shotel?

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Quite a few Burg Griefers use it. That's the only place I've seen it though. I have one that's upgraded (just in case I ever run into a super turtle and don't have any turtle-breaking spells equipped), but I've never once used it, and probably never will.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How under appreciated is the Shotel?  Empty Re: How under appreciated is the Shotel?

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Lautrec builds are fun but only buffed Shotel are viable and yet,it's easy to parry :/
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:02 pm

I use the shotel when I'm invading. But, I only use it against turtlers. And, to start off, I'll do R2 once. If they get the hint, I'll swap back to my main weapon. If they insist on turtling, despite me doing full damage, I'll do the same thing again. If, after that, they decide that turtling is the best option, then it is R2 R2 R2.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:08 pm

What Reim said

Also you gotta consider pure str builds that don't venture beyond 10 Dex, they cannot use the weapon. If I am going dex build, than I much prefer the bleed build up of kats to the Shotels bypass effect. In random invasions I don't see many parry shotel as some have said, but it is extremely easy to poise thru its R2 and land a hornet backstab which I have had happen to me while using Shotel.

I am glad you gotta nice combo working for you! I'll stick to parry with Kat/MLGS+ Pyro/Wotg. Some times a little buffed Falc when I really wanna be mean
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:12 pm

^^Another reason for the single R2 a few times. I'm judging their response. If they do a parry attempt, I'm going to be a lot more careful with R2 spammage.

I remember invading in Anor. I come up against someone wielding the Drake Sword. Normally, that means a new player and I swap weapons to a lower upgrade. Well, this player wasn't new. He parried me, swapped to his backup weapon - Chaos Rapier and hornet riposted me to my death. I laughed and sent him a "nice one" PM. Well-played for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm