Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ChizFreak
StockpileThomas
Gazman0169
vatar5
ssss_2_is_pwnage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
bjmacman
11 posters

Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier.......

bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Empty Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier.......

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm

My current build is a Fai/dex with 50/35 spread. The question is....... which one deserves the +15 build to be buffed with Sunlight Blade?

I like the actions on both, but which has more clout? Ricard's has a wicked strong attacks but Balder has higher base stat.

Your thoughts Forum?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Empty Re: Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier.......

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 pm

No idea. Both are wonderful choices.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Empty Re: Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier.......

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

My opinion go Balder Side sword, but thats based off the fact that I think buffed rapier is kinda tryhard Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKpO_y8iJxB0gFrdIx0m057MkRTXoBz5hhBVxh6S5cjmjXAldyQRYiHQ Plus the Balder Swag Sword's r2 if you mixed leo on it buffed would be in-***-sane and ricard's r2 wouldn't get as much damage even though it's DPS would technically be higher.

The leo ring part was just a point out, not saying that it's only good with leo. It's r2 is face **** worthy regardless. Also 1 tip....... DOUBLE POKE Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKpO_y8iJxB0gFrdIx0m057MkRTXoBz5hhBVxh6S5cjmjXAldyQRYiHQ
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm

i was kinda leaning to the Balder, thanks.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Just trust me, nobody ever expects the Doulbe Poke Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTj5iOAcp19HzQayyUUllt8WHBvKWhxjzPeSYJp4INaTOeYSoSSaGc53o
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm personally leaning for the rapier,not for the damage(Although many people in PvP fear my CMD'd R2 combo just because it looks dangerous) but because of the looks B)

Balder side sword is a great weapon though and has a good range.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

To the OP, why not spend an hour or so farming an additional slab in the lower levels of New Londo, during which time you'll also accumilate more than enough chunks, and then you won't need to choose one over the other. big grin
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Farming those slabs....... bane of my bloody life. I've spent 10 hours + (not at the same time) farming slabs with 410 discovery and NOTHIIIING, NADA, ZIP, a big fat ugly zero.

I've heard lots of you lucky people have found slabs there but not me.

Good idea Gaz, but I'm farmed out dude.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

If it helps, I have considerable experience farming Slabs, and will usually blag at least one within a twenty run-through cycle, with 10 Humanity and the Gold Serpent Ring.

Failing that venture into the Great Hollow, and farm the Crystal Lizards there, using the locate/quit/reload/destroy method! big grin
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:01 pm

yeah, been there done that too. all i ever get from them in the hollows is twinkling titanite and other goodies, but NEVER a T slab. i even followed Siegmeyer of Catarina's path and he didn't cough up one either, he should've jumped into the pit and fought but he didn't. then he gave me a ring instead of continuing on to ash lake for the completion of his story....... i'll trade a blue one if anyone has a T slab.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Tough call.

The Balder Sword; it's R2 attack is pretty amazing.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Ricard's Rapier buffed with Leo Ring.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I love my BSS +15... absolutely <3 it!!! I've experimented with Ricard's and I do like it but the moveset of the BSS really speaks to my play-style. I really enjoy it for both PvE and PvP. I found that R2 (unbuffed) one shots a lot of enemies up until around NG+++. Ripost are pretty lethal. Regarding PvP, I haven't yet started invading; but, when I'm invaded it seems to me that most completely underestimate my BSS.

Just my $.02... have fun.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 pm

BSS it is then! PvP is not my strongest suit so if the BSS woks there too then I'll start experimenting.

thanks all. Balder Side Sword or Ricard's Rapier....... 2905764326

bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

I've got my BSS to +10 but I cant seem to progress it further. Is there a ember I need?

Edit: Yes, the very large ember in new londo, ty wiki

Last edited by bjmacman on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

bjmacman wrote:I've got my BSS to +10 but I cant seem to progress it further. Is there a ember I need?

Yes, the very large ember in New Londo Ruins
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4SeJZe-fk

video of the location of said ember
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

When the dlc comes out, there's gonna be another available free slab for what i've heard. I think I read it's in a waterfall when kalaamet is

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:05 pm