Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

PC version vs PS3

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

PC version  vs PS3 Empty PC version vs PS3

Post by ted1023 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

Last night me and another player were going at it in the forest. We has some good 1v1 and 2v1 battles. The one thing I noticed is when I got back stabbed it was with incredible lag, but this is old new to us, everyone knows about the lag issues.

I had mentioned his lag stabs and told him I wish the console was a little more stable, I also told him that I also have the PC version and the lag didn't seem as bad. He suggested that we go in the forest on the pc and test it out. So we went on and while there, we faced each other 9 times. Finally he messaged me and told me he couldn’t get a stab on me ( where on the pc he would get them quiet randomly..lol).

It was very interesting as well with the parry windows. There is still some lag on the pc but I don’t find it as offensive as on the console.. I have no idea why I’m wondering if this is due the the servers or the pc processing and latency.

Has anyone else done some experimenting with this?
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PC version  vs PS3 Empty Re: PC version vs PS3

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I find PC to be better with internet.. Less backstabs because they require more percise timing to get on PC. Atleast for me they have so far. The parry window, as well, seems much more accurate to when the sword gets to me (or any other weapon haha)
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm

I have bias that PC is worse but I think this mostly from invading the same people over and over. The invasion timer is also broken as I invaded a guy 4 times in row. He said he never used the dried finger either. I also was running into this in kiln as soon as I restored and walked back in I was being invade by the same few people (or not at all). Some are bad with lag, some are hackers and the rest are ok. The worst is only invading the same person who hits you a solid yard extra from the tip of their weapon.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:I have bias that PC is worse but I think this mostly from invading the same people over and over. The invasion timer is also broken as I invaded a guy 4 times in row. He said he never used the dried finger either. I also was running into this in kiln as soon as I restored and walked back in I was being invade by the same few people (or not at all). Some are bad with lag, some are hackers and the rest are ok. The worst is only invading the same person who hits you a solid yard extra from the tip of their weapon.

I agree completely, there is just no timer at all anymore and it's so frusterating. But vs the ps3 it's 100x better atm because it's all bs fishing Japanese players on the ps3.. all ninja flips housewives with elly weps and spears.. or super buffs on katanas with that spam and lag stab fishing the entire time.. I take the once in a while good fight and the rest noobs over the pathetic tryhards that inhabit the ps3 atm.. I only get on ps3 when Twitch guys are up there PvPing.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:06 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:
    SublimeSinner wrote:I have bias that PC is worse but I think this mostly from invading the same people over and over. The invasion timer is also broken as I invaded a guy 4 times in row. He said he never used the dried finger either. I also was running into this in kiln as soon as I restored and walked back in I was being invade by the same few people (or not at all). Some are bad with lag, some are hackers and the rest are ok. The worst is only invading the same person who hits you a solid yard extra from the tip of their weapon.

I agree completely, there is just no timer at all anymore and it's so frusterating. But vs the ps3 it's 100x better atm because it's all bs fishing Japanese players on the ps3.. all ninja flips housewives with elly weps and spears.. or super buffs on katanas with that spam and lag stab fishing the entire time.. I take the once in a while good fight and the rest noobs over the pathetic tryhards that inhabit the ps3 atm.. I only get on ps3 when Twitch guys are up there PvPing.

I'm already used to that and had 8 established builds ranging over different soul levels on PS3. I BBG'd for those so other BBG never bothered me while building them. There's a video that taught me the basics of BS defence which did wonders. Most of my BS's on PC are from over aggressive circle stab people. But the odd laggy Japanese player does make you shake your head. I haven't seen lag that bad on PC yet.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:11 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

I'm already used to that and had 8 established builds ranging over different soul levels on PS3. I BBG'd for those so other BBG never bothered me while building them. There's a video that taught me the basics of BS defence which did wonders. Most of my BS's on PC are from over aggressive circle stab people. But the odd laggy Japanese player does make you shake your head. I haven't seen lag that bad on PC yet.

I BBG and DHG for items/souls for all of my builds haha.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 pm

What is DGH? Is this why I see so many damn divine blessings? BBG is very helpful when I already had a 9th PT to copy with every toy maxed out lol. I think it'll only be a matter of time before file saves are modified for the exact same results. I also really like to co-op I should add. The PC version only lets me invade consistently.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:What is DGH? Is this why I see so many damn divine blessings? BBG is very helpful when I already had a 9th PT to copy with every toy maxed out lol. I think it'll only be a matter of time before file saves are modified for the exact same results. I also really like to co-op I should add. The PC version only lets me invade consistently.

Dragon Head Glitch. And ya, I have inf divs on ps3 haha. I don't do it on pc because thats over-hack but I do hack souls for builds on PC. but on ps3 I use it just for quick heals in-between duels. Never for invading because I think that divs are pathetic in an invasion, humanity is ok though =D
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I have both PC and ps3 versions and must say, that backstab lags on pc are like twice terrible then on ps3. Parry isnt working for me, not because I can't parry, but because I have to parry 1 sec before the attack is done, or else it won't work. And backstabbs are so random, you can get backstabbed from front, side, literaly form everywhere
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:45 pm

DNL wrote:I have both PC and ps3 versions and must say, that backstab lags on pc are like twice terrible then on ps3. Parry isnt working for me, not because I can't parry, but because I have to parry 1 sec before the attack is done, or else it won't work. And backstabbs are so random, you can get backstabbed from front, side, literaly form everywhere

I have had some trouble with parry too. I have to do it very early. Last night I failed 3 parries (two in one fight) because it didn't work so I dodged only to have the guy parried as soon as I roll. That fight lasted forever because of infinite blessings sad. Some weird delay delay or strobe (missing frames of movement) effect with some players.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:33 pm

DNL wrote:I have both PC and ps3 versions and must say, that backstab lags on pc are like twice terrible then on ps3. Parry isnt working for me, not because I can't parry, but because I have to parry 1 sec before the attack is done, or else it won't work. And backstabbs are so random, you can get backstabbed from front, side, literaly form everywhere

That sounds more like a problem with your own internet if it happens often.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:51 pm

PS3 version is much more laggy for me, Pc takes more time to find battles but its much more stable, i thinks its because the asians who play on ps3, on PC version most of players are from Americas and Europe.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:19 pm

carlucio wrote:PS3 version is much more laggy for me, Pc takes more time to find battles but its much more stable, i thinks its because the asians who play on ps3, on PC version most of players are from Americas and Europe.

European players are just as bad to me. I was trying to invade at the end of royal wood but I kept getting invaded by Austrian. It was like fighting two people but the visible one missed a lot. The really crapy part is this my favourite spot to invade but can't because this dark moon gets it. With no timer he always got me, I just gave up on pvp today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:33 pm