Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

PvP tales! - Page 11 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:17 pm

PlasticandRage wrote: Maybe he was trying to 1HKO you with a RTS BS?

He was using a curved sword, which would not do much on a backstab, and there was no RTSR aura around him. I suspect he got bored and decided to fight some mobs and happened to have low HP when summoned, but it was funny that he rushed me with such little HP.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 pm

yeah, maybe. That is a bit odd
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 am

I'm DMing in the Demon Ruins tonight, and I just got invaded by a guy who I killed in a completely fair fight about 20 minutes ago. So I was near the bonfire and he was passing through the area adjacent to the stairs that lead down to the level the bonfire is on. He could clearly see me, so I bowed to him, and he pulled out a great bow and shot me with it during my bow animation. So I charged down that long hallway at him, and he ninja flip BSed me as soon as I got near him, and when I recovered I cast force one time and he flipped out of the way like he was preparing for a WoG and went right off a cliff. Gotta love that. Karma for playing like a douche?

I also was just dueling this guy who kept fire surging me when I was trying to attack him, because I'm using a big slow GA he was getting away with it pretty regularly. So I went to start casting force to try to throw him off balance and accidentally cast GMB at melee range right in the heat of battle. Epic epic fail.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 am

I've invaded some guy in Royal Wood, just as he was about to go fight Artorias. I must say it was terribly laggy. Our hits did damage with up to three second delays. It's funny to see someone get a 700 backstab damage long after he got up from the backstab.
    Well, I'm used to lag, so I won.

He was my fifth DM kill, so I decided to place WSS to try getting summoned for Kalameet again.

What do you know, the guy I just killed summoned me for Artorias.
    He tried to attack me at first though. big grin

After we killed Arty I've went to invade Township. It's like I forgot about the gankers, or something.

I invaded the same guy again and again, killed him in a very laggy manner.

Just for lulz I placed WSS.
    He summoned me and we went through extremely laggy Oolacille and killed Manus.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 am

I was using my SL30 pyro in the forest, and some SL100 starts spamming mlgs from a distance. I roll out of all of them, until the mlgs breaks. I finish him and his phantom (who was obviously away) with my Lightning Claymore +5. I get a message saying "spamming retard". I send back, "You were spamming the mlgs, friend happy". No response. big grin
    JaffaCakes
    JaffaCakes

Post by JaffaCakes Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

Once in Dark Anor Londo, I decided I'd be lazy and wait for my PvP to come to me. After 10 minutes of waiting, I finally got invaded, and waited another 5 minutes or so before I caught a glimpse at a blue phantom heading towards me. Now I figured it would be a simple Darkmoon invader, who uses DMB on a Katana or something, but no. What I got was radically different.
    Instead, I got a guy wielding two Skull Lanterns, continuously trying to bash in my face with them. And so it was, that I followed, and we both fought 10+ minutes with dual Skull Lanterns. It was a good moment. Only shortly after I was invaded by another Darkmoon and killed by your everyday hornet Rapier lol!
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I had a fight with a dark wraith. We both started using weapons we couldn't use... it was hilarious...!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:40 am

I was just invaded by a guy in the parish at SL5. So I waited in the area where the iron boar was for him. He comes running around the corner in all giant's save the derp mask, and tries to attack me with a lightning reinforced club. So he was a little surprised when I started attacking back with a lightning spear. So when he first took the lightning damage he ran from me and tried to flip the switch to close the portcullis on me and cause me to have to run back around, but I followed him and BSed him while he was trying to do it. So when he recovered he ran from me again, and hid behind the balder knights in the next room. So I aggrod them one by one, and he followed the last one back out, and tried to BS me while I killed him, missing of course. Then whipped out his pyro flame and spammed dark flame for his whole 8 casts, one after another, and having missed all of them started trying to BS fish me. Eventually he caught me with one and killed me, then gave me one of these PvP tales! - Page 11 3248139268and one of these PvP tales! - Page 11 3596227959. So to recap, I was just griefed at SL3 by someone who tried to troll me, then ran and hid behind enemies, then spell spammed, then BS fished, then taunted, all while wearing full giants and a derp. That was the most amazing display of combat skill I have ever seen. I can now retire.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 am

I was at Kiln harvesting titanite chunks from the first of the knights when I got invaded. Japanese guy, I could tell by the name, and I thought "oh great, lag is gonna be huge".
    Anyways we got to fighting. My sl120 dex built using black leather set with gold tracer & crest shield. He was wearin painting guardian set without head piece using what appeared to be pricillas dagger & kite shield. The start of the fight was very even, both keepin their distance with a few attacks here and there. Then he started spammin WoTG, but I managed to roll away them all. Then he tried the TWoP but I ran away until it stopped. Then I got a few good ones in and thought that this is gonna end well for me. After hittin him those couple of times he had under half of the healt left and I took a green blossom and then he was able to heal at the same time(damn!). Then something happened that I can't understand. He stopped for a moment, just standing there, and I, as a gentleman(read stupid), didin't go for the Bs. When he continued it was like he was a different person. He started toying with me, somehow getting to backstab me several times but not striking. And after that I tried to attack as he was clearly not trying to Bs me anymore. He parryed me four times in a row, but not using his shot. Then I think he got bored me and parryed me again, this time hitting and right after that he Bs'd me to death.

I was speechless. I've played a lot of PvP and consider myself good at it, but i've never got my a*s r***d like that.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I was just invaded by a guy in the parish at SL5. So I waited in the area where the iron boar was for him. He comes running around the corner in all giant's save the derp mask, and tries to attack me with a lightning reinforced club. So he was a little surprised when I started attacking back with a lightning spear. So when he first took the lightning damage he ran from me and tried to flip the switch to close the portcullis on me and cause me to have to run back around, but I followed him and BSed him while he was trying to do it. So when he recovered he ran from me again, and hid behind the balder knights in the next room. So I aggrod them one by one, and he followed the last one back out, and tried to BS me while I killed him, missing of course. Then whipped out his pyro flame and spammed dark flame for his whole 8 casts, one after another, and having missed all of them started trying to BS fish me. Eventually he caught me with one and killed me, then gave me one of these PvP tales! - Page 11 3248139268and one of these PvP tales! - Page 11 3596227959. So to recap, I was just griefed at SL3 by someone who tried to troll me, then ran and hid behind enemies, then spell spammed, then BS fished, then taunted, all while wearing full giants and a derp. That was the most amazing display of combat skill I have ever seen. I can now retire.
    Epicness. That guy must be a real pr0. lol!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Every now and then, I get a cool host when I invade. Last night, I was invading Sen's with my 6. I see someone who was clearly above my level (heavy armor and fast rolling). So, I swap my rapier +10 for a lightning +5 one. He is sporting a Fire Clay. I'm using my Shotel +10 and parry bating him. I see he is doing the R1-R1 combo, so he gets parried and I swap for my lightning rapier and riposte for a OHK. Turns out he is a SL 50.

He sends me a gg message and asked my if my shield was a +15 (I'm using a heater +10). He also told me nice parry, he was getting loose on this Clay's R1s.

I invade him next and I see he is summoning phantoms (and not at the start). So, I rush up to the boss fog, hoping he has summoned Tarkus. Well, I get half of my life off on the way up (by being a dumba**). I slap on a Hornet Ring and parry Tarkus. Unfortunately, it was the exact wrong timing where you take damage and get the parry (like what almost always happens with the Great Axe) and die.

He sends me another message saying sorry for the unfair fight. And, said, if it made any difference, Golem knocked him off the bridge right away. Really taken aback that a questing host apologized for a perceived unfair invasion.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 am

reim0027 wrote:Every now and then, I get a cool host when I invade. Last night, I was invading Sen's with my 6. I see someone who was clearly above my level (heavy armor and fast rolling). So, I swap my rapier +10 for a lightning +5 one. He is sporting a Fire Clay. I'm using my Shotel +10 and parry bating him. I see he is doing the R1-R1 combo, so he gets parried and I swap for my lightning rapier and riposte for a OHK. Turns out he is a SL 50.

He sends me a gg message and asked my if my shield was a +15 (I'm using a heater +10). He also told me nice parry, he was getting loose on this Clay's R1s.

I invade him next and I see he is summoning phantoms (and not at the start). So, I rush up to the boss fog, hoping he has summoned Tarkus. Well, I get half of my life off on the way up (by being a dumba**). I slap on a Hornet Ring and parry Tarkus. Unfortunately, it was the exact wrong timing where you take damage and get the parry (like what almost always happens with the Great Axe) and die.

He sends me another message saying sorry for the unfair fight. And, said, if it made any difference, Golem knocked him off the bridge right away. Really taken aback that a questing host apologized for a perceived unfair invasion.
    I think I will use this host of yours as an example for me and try to stop perceiving all invaders while I'm questing as a nuisance and try to be more polite to them.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

I was in the burg hosting trying out my new rapier in the off hand with the claymore in my main hand when I try to summon a red phantom but get the failed message I then summon a different red phantom to shorten it not only does the guy I failed to summon appear but I also get invaded by a red at the same time :shock: 3 reds one me. It turns into a free for all and I decimate these guys with 2hit combos with the rapier fallowed by an R2 by the claymore for some sweet combat.

I learned the awesomeness of duelweilding.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm

When I invaded in the forest I saw the host and before I could get him a red found him first. It turned out both people had dark bead and were tanks. It was about forty five seconds of two dark bead spamming turtles just fighting each-other. Eventually they both managed to kill each-other at exactly the same time. I proceeded to shrug.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm

I once summoned a couple of bros at the Burg, I had two summons and a vader. I sent them all a message saying free for all. We duked it out and right at the last minute, one red casted WoG, deadangling another, and one casted dark bead at the WoGgger, I then ran into the middle as they were recovering and let of a chaos firestorm... Ah nothing more satisfying than a mid air triple kill.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:27 pm

I just watched one of the best host deaths I've ever seen. I DM invaded this guy in the DR Forest with my Arty Sword toon, and I've upgrading my faith so the magic attack will be stronger, and I can attack people through their shields. So the guy's ninja flipping and trying to BS fish me, so I'm fighting unlocked and punishing him every time he tries to get behind me. So I get him down to about a quarter health, and he runs away and stands facing me between 2 trees that are really close together and starts healing. So I run in and try to wheel behind him to BS punish his healing, but I can't because the trees are in my way, so I go to just swing with an R1 attack and it rebounds off the tree and doesn't damage him, so just as I'm starting to back off, the thief forest NPC runs up behind him and BSes as he's healing, and kills him. It all happened really fast. I have a new found respect for that forest thief

Also just saw one of the worst forest hunters I've ever seen. I invaded as a DM, and there was a forest hunter fighting a host right near the spawn point, and the host was spamming dark bead, so I ran in right up behind him for a surprise BS, and the forest hunter kept trying to attack and ended up knocking me away from the BS, and causing the animation to happen with no damage. So seeing that I was on his side, he stopped what he was doing and bowed to me, as the host got up and killed him.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Just got invaded in new londo and oh my god, the rage.

I got all the way to the beatrice summon and then got invaded, only an invasion sign didn't pop up and as the DW was spawning or coming out of their little circle thing, they were already chasing my character. After they actually spawned they did nothing but spam combustion all the while attempting to BS me. They were practically sprinting strafing. After I avoided that, they pulled out the gold tracer and two handed it all the while an actual darkwraith was also chasing me. They kill me and LOL shrug shrug that was it?

ughhhhh
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Was just summoned in the forest for PvP, and after a couple of battles my host started 2h a DSS. So when we were just screwing around waiting for a match I started 2h a great shield and running around in front of him. He got the idea pretty fast, and we actually won a couple of fights that way. I got right in the invader's face 2h blocking with a great shield and my host stood behind me and poked them through me with a spear. Hilarious.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm

thats quite some teamwork. i'd call it a **** move, but its actually quite the nice tactic. you'd also need a relatively smart partner, so good job plastic
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeah, we had to be really coordinated, and we definitely needed more practice. He got hit through me a couple of times too, by a guy who was carrying a Great Club, but it worked well enough for us to kill him, and a couple other people. I think our opponents were appreciating it too for the most part. We ran into a few that were taking themselves too seriously to think anything was funny, of course, but we had a guy charge at us and then see us coming and stop and give us a "very good" too. Had a couple people throw us these PvP tales! - Page 11 2707236321too
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:43 pm

hahaha. not often that jolly co op and PvP work together so well
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 am

Got invaded by a catbro. That battle was horrificly boring. I take one swing and then " OHLOLOLOL JUST GONNA FLIP AWAY FIVE TIMES ". They take one swing at me and then again, flip around constantly. They were using some crappy regular spear and the furysword as well as some pyromancy. I had my trusty Black iron GS+15 though so I took almost no damage whatsoever. At a certain point I got so tired of the flipping I just backed myself into a corner and held up my shield. It was kinda funny actually, they were using their entire stamina bar doing virtually no damage and my stamina never got below one whole segment. Eventually I killed them with some well timed attacks.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

I just encountered my first real hacker playing on Ps3. I think I may have encountered one once long ago, but I was so new to the game at the time that I can't really be sure if he was hacking or just a lot better than me. This new guy absolutely 100% was though. I'm carrying a Target Shield right now, so that I can better learn to PvP parry, and I reposted the guy twice for no damage, and he just stopped what he was doing and stood looking at me. So I ran around behind him and 2h BS chained him 3 times, also for no damage. Then he waved at me, and I got a message that I'd been disconnected from my host, all the other players disappeared, and I remained alone as a phantom in an empty world, and had to BSC back to my own.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm

It could be some insane lag, but still, if there are hackers on PS3 as well...

Look Skyward
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Hackers are eveywhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:19 pm