Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 27 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Pilgrim34 Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Hehe, I liked the pickaxe tale, that sounds like a rare moment of fun indeed!

Invaded the Archives (love it there) with my staple sl65 toon earlier today. The host had 2 phantoms with him so I ran back towards the front of the archives where the channeler and archers are. Stupidly, the three of them seemed to have no teamwork skill or co-ordination at all, and they come after me individually. After taking out the two phantoms the host finally comes at me, wounded by the npc arrows and I take him down in one hit! Honestly, I was disappointed that they offered so little despite their numerical advantage PvP tales! - Page 27 3358384175
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm

oh i forgot to tell this part of the tomb tale. not only did we find a vagrant but when we were doing my world we got invaded by a guy and he proceded to WoG spam my friend to death and then i kicked his arse. then he messaged my friend and said "haha noob i killed you" my friend told me this so i messaged the guy and said "yea thats why without WoG i destroyed you" lol
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 am

was testing my BKGS with dragon in demon ruins and i get invaded by this guy in mostly xantus stuff but with one of the masks he uses a katana and hollow shield.
    the second he sees me he runs away to the taurus demon and i kill the firebreathers while he is fishing for a bs.
    when we gwt to the bottom of the stairs ge sends the bull demon at me and i promply OHKO it.
    he get scared and tries a bs.
    it all ended with me using a roar hit combo, did over 700 damage to him in one hit but he also died.
    he inwades again but i have problems killing the demon this time, when i kill it i have litle HP left.
    i kill him and did the Well What is it
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Got another white phantom invasion glitch last night. This time there was no DW to take on so I entertained my self by rolling circles around the host while he fought my fellow Forest Hunters. He knew who I was cause I just invaded him earlier and gave him and his phantom buddies a lot of grief before dying. My son was dying of laughter because I was yelling Whooo hooo! and yeehaw! as I rolled around the host. I like to think the host could hear me in his mind. Slow night PvP tales! - Page 27 3358384175
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:13 pm

I have probably the most disappointing tale you've ever seen.

I was invading the forest for quite a while at this point, and, as you might expect, I found some gankers. These gankers healed and backstabbed several times while I was using a Hornet Ringed Dark Silver Tracer (hey now, I only fished when I was facing the usual). Anyways, near the end of the invasion, I got the rare parry on the host and was about to put him in his place when his bud came up and backstabbed me. The host's follow-up?

Well What is it

I was pissed for the next half hour.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 am

I spawn in the painted world atop the stairs in the harpie tower to a white phantom running straight at me. Rrreeeaaallly?? Well What is it Why is he doing that? It makes sense to lead the way for the harpies, but after their gone he can't do anything, unless he knows ahead of time I'm coming. :roll: He can't pick the RSS up and he's just in the way. I try to kick him, but he kicks me off first. I catch a break, though and land on the stairs below and live -- barely. I walk forward, pop a humanity and get hit with a plunging attack... I run to heal and then I hear the death sound. lol! The fall killed the white!

I ended up killing the host after we tried to kick each other off the stairs. I did most of the damage when I hit him with two MLGS R2s after he started to parry spam. big grin
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 pm

I finaly met him... The real pro Dark Souls player, or maybe is it how everyday goes in the arena??

The player was basicaly chaos rapier backstab fishing all day long.
    If it were backstab fishing only, it would be fine, but with a big lag that's an other issue.
    So I lost the first "duels" with a lot of frustration.
    Whenever the guy got an advantage and I was about to catch, he just started to run through the stage not engaging any combat at all, waiting for the timer to end.
    After some times, I finaly was about to win a duel and there was less than 1 min remaining. I thought "Ok, time for you to loose at your own game".
    The guy chased me 10 sec then coward crystaled out (or maybe disconnected?)... Look Skyward
    Does using your purple crystal reset your streak?
    I didn't put a step in the arena for a very long time. I guess I won't stay long...

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:03 pm

So I was summoned to this guys world.
    We had a fair duel, and in the end, he was low on HP and couldn't take the pressure, so he started BS fishing.
    He FINALLY got the BS, but I was barely still alive, so I put on my Red Tearstone and finished him off. Since he was BS fishing, I did "Point Down". I don't like people who can't win without fishing when they are under pressure.

So he summons me again. This time he doesn't bow, he uses grass while I'm spawning and he tries to kill me before I can do anything. Naturally, I backstab him so I have time to buff. I use my Gold Resin and eat some grass, and I pretty much destroy him. Again, he tried to BS fish, but a quick backstab solved everything.

At this point, I did "Well What is it!", just simply because I thought it was hilarious that he could be so mad.

But no, he took it seriously.

He summons me once again. This time he has a phantom.
    They both start trying to gank me.
    As expected, they began hunting me wherever I went, so I already knew what I had to do. I begin running forward, then I suddenly turn around. As expected, the phantom did a running R1, I parried and killed him in one hit. The host thought, "Okay, I'll just backstab him", so he stands behind me. As soon as I'm done, I turn around and parry, and what do you know, I got the riposte. I did the parry>backstab trick where I run around and do a backstab right after the parry, and that finishes the job.

Now comes the fun part.
    He summons me ONCE AGAIN, except this time, he's furious. He pulls out a Gold Tracer, and unfortunately, he bled me out. He then started pointing down. A lot. So I decided to have some fun.

I got out an unupgraded Spear, put on DWGR and Ring of FaP, and I got Mask of the Father on. I then proceed to invade him via Red Eye Orb. Now I start flipping around and hitting him with my spear, doing 11 damage per hit, and he can't even touch me. I eventually almost kill him, but he decides to heal, so I switch off to my Silver Tracer and one shot him with a backstab.

He then sent me wave after wave of hatemail, calling me "Trash" because I was using a spear, and how I was so "Terrible because I can't win without BS fishing".

Good times.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Oh, the irony.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:56 am

A quick annoying PvP that involve me dying more. I decided to test my so far Artorias build at lv70 in the forest since I was about to buy stuff from shiva and get the dark ring. So first few duel pretty polite but still getting my asskick, not getting the hang of it. I meet someone with Balder suit and Drake sword. I tough I would have at least a good chance against that. He was fetching for BS but I manage to keep it tight and get him a few hit. He had more health then I would expect, but everytime he manage to get me while I tried a R2 2H spin attack, he had lot of chance to BS me then he popped mushroom or blessing. I tough, hell with that, I'm gonna go fetch some back up and heal. Ran, he got up but had changed to Chaos shotel and spammed it. Then I realize he had havel glove so maybe wolf ring too.

The part where it got worst is the few people in the forest bumped me to him 2 more time. Each time more annoying.

2) He was in full mom giant with Zeigh and got me with a 1KOH BS.

3)Same thing but great axe and stun lock me to death.

Everytime, alway's doing "well was is it" spam. I decided to stop there since I'm not in final form of my build and he annoyed me to much. Was about to hatemail him, probably something like "At least I got style, compare to the attack of the clone". Oh well, can't always be good fight silly
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:17 pm

last night me and my friend were ganking with no armor or weapons and we actually got an invader to do the same and we just ran around punching the hell out of eachother for like a hour with me and my buddy taking turns lol
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:last night me and my friend were ganking with no armor or weapons and we actually got an invader to do the same and we just ran around punching the hell out of eachother for like a hour with me and my buddy taking turns lol

Lol, I invaded someone yesterday, who was also with a friend, and we ended up just punching each other too silly They were both wearing armor though. After a while the phantom (who's now a friend of mine) had to leave and the host pulled out a rapier. Started poking me with it, was really annoying. So I killed her.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

i use a rapier but i didnt do that the person i was fighting eventually lost connection and dissapeared lol but the second time he invaded he was lagging really bad so i just pulled out my katana and ended it

EDIT: the second time he invaded it wasnt a fist fight i was letting my phantom fight him first but he was real laggy thats why i ended it
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:i use a rapier but i didnt do that the person i was fighting eventually lost connection and dissapeared lol but the second time he invaded he was lagging really bad so i just pulled out my katana and ended it

EDIT: the second time he invaded it wasnt a fist fight i was letting my phantom fight him first but he was real laggy thats why i ended it

I didn't think it was the same fight anyways happy Just coincidence that about the same happened. The people I invaded were ganking normally, in Dark Anor Londo. The host was wearing the black leather set, the target shield and a rapier (and a fog ring), the phantom was wearing some heavier armor and a demon's greataxe.

Anyways, when I arrived there, I only saw the phantom, so I made it clear I wanted to duel him. He accepted (or so it seemed). Then the host tried to sneak up on me right as I was about to begin the fight. I turned around and the host stopped. The phantom then gestured the host to 'stay put', and we started the duel for real.

Then a Darkmoon invaded and interrupted our duel, so the 3 of us ganged up on the Darkmoon and killed him. I could no longer persuade the phantom to fight me by simply gesturing at that point... So I switched to an unarmed right hand and started punching. They both started punching me back.

Couple more Darkmoons invaded, who were killed (not very quickly though, we just kept backstabbing unarmed). And that's about the time that the phantom left and the host started poking me with a rapier. She wasn't much of a fight either. I was SL55, she was SL85 or something. I had killed a SL~400 with that build silly
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:41 pm

I finally got my level 55 into the Darkwraith covenent. After finding litterally no signs in New Londo I decided to solo the 4 kings and won on my first try. I think 4 kings got nerfed.

Anyway, I invaded in the Painted World. I looked around for the host. I went up to the top of the tower with the Dried Finger and found him. He was standing near the ledge looking at the building filled with fire breathing enemies. He had a bow equiped, but wasn't shooting. He didn't see me despite the fact I almost bumped into him. I knew he was planing on ambushing me, so I BS him. He fell off the building and died.

Then I invaded another host. He was hard to beat because he kept healing. He had to himself at least 5 times to kill me. It was hard to stop him because he had the Catarina armor equiped. As we were fighting I was being pushed back to the wooden bridge. Then I got knocked off.

Then I invaded another host. He came out to great me, and I bowed, but he kept running toward me. He BSed me during my bow. The he tried to chain BS me, but luckly I rolled away in time. I ran away as fast as I could so I could heal. Then I saw the "summoning phantom" message. I thought back to Ahhotep1's event and found a good ambushy spot. Then I switched to full Havel's Armor. After a few minutes the host finally got brave enough to come after me. (I think he knew where I was.) He somehow snuck up behind me, but luckly he stoped to heal. I 2 handed my Zweihander and beat him to a pulp.

Then I invaded some gankers. When I saw all three of them I ran away as fast as I could, but I couldn't find any enemies. The whole level had been cleared out. However, I finally discovered they forgot the Annex. I went in there and went straight to the ember. The gankers stoped and started shooting the bloated enemies. Then they started to enter the area, but retreated when the Harpies came. Finally the host got brave and killed both Harpies. Then he came after me. I failed to dodge the first hit and lost half my health. I didn't want these dirty gankers to have my souls and humanity, so I disconnected.

Then I invaded another trio. I disconnected after I got caught in TWoP.

All of my invasions weren't bad. I had a nice duel with a white phantom. His host didn't interfere.

Then I dueled another host. He hit me a couple times. I had just a sliver of health left, but he had most of his health. Then I eventually killed him. He thanked me for the good fight. I messaged him that I thought I was going to die.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 pm

I fought a very wierd host in Anor Londo.

He summoned me as a red twice.

1st fight: We both bowed. Then we both dueled. It was very fair. He used a Gold Tracer and Fire Surge. I used a Zweihander and Great Combustion. None of us backstabed. None of us healed. I didn't notice any lag. The host won. It was nice.

2nd fight: He instantly spams the Gold Tracer during my summoning animation. I roll away and flatten him with my Zweihander. Then I hit him again with a normal attack. He backs off and heals. I try to BS during the heal, but I'm too late. He hits me some more, and now I'm almost dead. I don't want to lose to this jerk, so I run up the beam to the Painted Guardian area so I can heal. The host follows me in hot pursuit. Then I get the "Target Destroyed" message. I guess he accidently fell off the beam. It was a really dirty fight.

I messaged the host., "Your 1st fight was great, but your 2nd fight was just dirty. What did I do to offend you?" He hasn't replied yet.

It was so wierd. It was like I fought 2 diffrent people.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 am

Perhaps his main intention was to farm invaders (especially with that weapon setup), maybe he got bored of the farming and thought "I'll have one honourable duel with this invader before I go back to dirty farming tactics!"
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 am

Agreed with Pilgrim. There are loads of Xbox players doing this. But, you're on PS3, however I was just making a point, not like it has much relevance. :oops:
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

WandererReece wrote:I fought a very wierd host in Anor Londo.

He summoned me as a red twice.

1st fight: We both bowed. Then we both dueled. It was very fair. He used a Gold Tracer and Fire Surge. I used a Zweihander and Great Combustion. None of us backstabed. None of us healed. I didn't notice any lag. The host won. It was nice.

2nd fight: He instantly spams the Gold Tracer during my summoning animation. I roll away and flatten him with my Zweihander. Then I hit him again with a normal attack. He backs off and heals. I try to BS during the heal, but I'm too late. He hits me some more, and now I'm almost dead. I don't want to lose to this jerk, so I run up the beam to the Painted Guardian area so I can heal. The host follows me in hot pursuit. Then I get the "Target Destroyed" message. I guess he accidently fell off the beam. It was a really dirty fight.

I messaged the host., "Your 1st fight was great, but your 2nd fight was just dirty. What did I do to offend you?" He hasn't replied yet.

It was so wierd. It was like I fought 2 diffrent people.

It could be two people play with a single character. It's really rare but it happens.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

^ I'm on PS3. If it was two people, then that violates Sony's user agreement. PSN people are not allowed to let someone else access their online account.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

and? its not like anyone would ever know or even if they did that they could prove it let alone do anything about it. hell me and my gf share both of my psns but guess what it doesnt matter
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:00 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ I'm on PS3. If it was two people, then that violates Sony's user agreement. PSN people are not allowed to let someone else access their online account.

There's nothing wrong with having 2 friends share an account. If the original owner allows his friend to use it, i don't see a problem. It's between them.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 am

^ I don't think it's wrong. I'm just stating Sony claims it's wrong, and this is just assuming it actually happened. It's like you posted. We can't prove anything.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

I think that part of the clause was made so people couldn't complain about anything lost to Sony, it's to protect themselves. They'll be able to say: "Well, our ToS says you can't have multiple people using one account, so it's not our responsibility".

Last edited by densetsushun on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 am

^ Someone gets it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 am