Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WyrmHero
ChizFreak
Rynn
callipygias
Pesth
PeppermintTea
10 posters

Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP?

PeppermintTea
    PeppermintTea

Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP? Empty Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP?

Post by PeppermintTea Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 am

So, I've gone through the game with two characters now, and am currently using one as a dex build for PvP. If I wanted to make another character for PvP quickly, what would be the best way of going about it? (Getting SL to 100 and getting equipment basically.) I don't really want to go through all of it again considering the time I've spent already on both PC and Xbox, and if I do have to do that, I think I'll just stick with my current character. Halp?

By the way, my bad if this was supposed to be in the PvP topic, but it IS on PC.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP? Empty Re: Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP?

Post by Pesth Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Rush the first NG and grab all the slabs in the game, in NG+ you'll gain souls much faster for lvling your pvp builds
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP? Empty Re: Best/Fastest way to make a new character ready for PvP?

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm

This is why I'm thinking sl 200 might become viable. Takes longer, obviously, but you can have several builds in one. My 200 is str, dex, and faith. Took a while to build him, but with so many options and weapons available to him it's great.

The other thing I've always wondered regarding PvPers complaining about how long it takes to build a character without the bb glitch (not a shot at your post, op, it didn't come off 'complainy' at all), is this: How come you don't just stay human as you build your character? You'll get plenty of invasions. True, you'll be at a disadvantage for a while, but that helps to keep it interesting.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 pm

the best way to level up is to PvP.
    no seriously, PvP gives an insane amount of souls if you can win consistantly.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Rynn wrote:the best way to level up is to PvP.
    That's not really true anymore. Without the bb glitch you'll likely be in the sl 50 range before you have a moderately effective weapon, and if you want to level your gear and weapon up enough to get even close to what your invader will have you'll have to do most of NG anyway.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 pm

callipygias wrote:This is why I'm thinking sl 200 might become viable. Takes longer, obviously, but you can have several builds in one. .

That's exactly why it's not viable. The point it's that you must choose one thing to do, not do all. At 100, if you wish to do more things like being a FTH/INT caster, you need to sacrifice things, that's the whole point of PvP and character customization. At high levels that's lost because everyone can have 40/40/40/40
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    callipygias wrote:This is why I'm thinking sl 200 might become viable. Takes longer, obviously, but you can have several builds in one. .

That's exactly why it's not viable. The point it's that you must choose one thing to do, not do all. At 100, if you wish to do more things like being a FTH/INT caster, you need to sacrifice things, that's the whole point of PvP and character customization. At high levels that's lost because everyone can have 40/40/40/40
    And the 99/40/40/10 char will still be stronger, and hurt a hell of a lot more. 60 Ar or 30 mag adj is FAR more then people give it credit for.

Also, as a person that has never, even once, used the BB-Glitch, let me just say; PvP levels you up far faster at any time when you have a +10 or better weapon.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Rynn is right, PvP is the best way to level up after you reach SL +80. I host duels with my friends and that gives me a lot of souls. Another method is ganking but I don't approve that.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Oh, absolutely, once you reach 70 or 80 hosting PvP is the way to go.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Rynn is right, PvP is the best way to level up after you reach SL +80. I host duels with my friends and that gives me a lot of souls. Another method is ganking but I don't approve that.
    By level 35 it's fine as a forest hunter, and at level 60 to 70 you can switch to dark wraith and work out just fine.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I select the window option for Dark Souls and browse the internet waiting for summons to level lazily. I make my browser small enough to see my summon sign/bonfire on the edge. When I see it disappear or go out, I know it's boss killing time. It's effective if you like to co-op but hate just sitting there waiting too. I also recommend the grab everything and get to NG+ plus for leveling maxing equipment fast.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Plan your route for grabbing the items you need. Really, write it down.
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am

I generally just murder my way through Havel, get the back door, open the Forest with the crest (After farming 20k souls) and let the forest hunters come and impale themselves on my sword to level up to 100. Passed that, it's generally just go to the PvP area (Oolacile Township atm) and just swashbuckle your way through experience
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

I use forest for farm.
    Step 1: just killing mobs for 7k souls per run. After I got level 50 I went through the game to farm mats and get weapons. Then, at barely level 53, after upgrading heavily armor, weps, getting my Gravelord cov, etc. you proceed to next souls grinding step.
    Step 2: just stand near Alvina. Pop Eye of Death and have a pretty decent chance to get: Forest Guys (70%), DW (25%) and poor grave-cursed (5%). I get tons of PVP and usually have almost no idle time... Atm I stopped at SL100 and I have like 3 millions souls already, by spending like 3 or 4 days, 5-6 hours a day. Or better say - a night...
    PeppermintTea
    PeppermintTea

Post by PeppermintTea Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks for all the advice. I know once you get into pvp at SL80-ish you can get massive amounts of souls in no time at all, it's just I don't really have a fast way of getting to that point in mind. It makes making new characters/builds a bit of a put off. At least for me. (I'm probably just lazy as hell though.)

Also, I've never once been summoned before to help kill an area boss. You get the souls from the boss if you're a summon and help kill it right? Same with normal monsters too? I need to engage in co-operation some more.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 am

I'm surprised how many people farm. I just can't do it. I still enjoy the game enough to just play through till I get a weapon fairly upgraded, then I'll go human so I get all the PvE and some PvP souls, while I'm still able to collect all the shards and chunks and humanity items laying about.
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 am

If your primary focus in Dark Souls is PvP, you gotta farm your way up. Murdering all the bosses is fine and dandy if you wanna get to NG+, but generally, us farmers have a set goal in mind.

The smartest farm is to just go through the game into NG, like previously mentioned and farm from there for the souls, but some of us are 'impatient' and would rather just grind it out on other people.

Welcome to Dark Souls big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 pm

For coop I highly recommend Seath or O&S. You get 50% of the souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:34 am