Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hello World! Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****...

CommissarMouse

Hello World!  Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****... Empty Hello World! Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****...

Post by CommissarMouse Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello. This is my first post, and my first thread on these forums. As for the necromancers, well, they're **** because... Well, they're just ****. If you don't know why yet, you probably haven't played the game yet. (I'm talking about the undead mages that resurect skeletons in the Catacombs when I say necromancer.) I just came in to ask: Where is the final necromancer/undead mage? I'm having trouble finding him. I need the skull lantern! I can't seem to find it on the wiki at all.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Hello World!  Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****... Empty Re: Hello World! Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****...

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Well welcome to the forums.

As for where the last Necromancer could be I'll try to help. Though forgive me, I'm not really good on giving directions in game, I'm more of a visual type.

Anyways. Well I'm assuming you killed all the basic Necromancers who you can't miss since they are in the path of where you are going. There is however one who is slightly off the beaten path. I don't entirely remember percisely but I believe the last one behind a secret wall which can be found before the second bonfire in the catacombs. The wall can be broken by a spell like force or the skeletons can hit it (I also believe you can hit it as well). Then there are some skeletons that you run into down there, along with a giant skeleton. Once you get by them there is another breakable wall (or it might be all ready broken, again I apologize, I don't stick around the Catacombs much) that will take you back to somewhere in the Catacombs and I believe the last Necromancer is there somewhere.

As for the Skeleton Latern, I don't think you get that until you run into Patches and he kicks you down a hole. But I could be wrong.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Hello World!  Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****... Empty Re: Hello World! Also; Necromancers, and why they are ****...

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Pretty good directions to the one hidden necromancer^. And yes, there's no guarantee any of them will drop the lantern.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 pm

callipygias wrote:Pretty good directions to the one hidden necromancer^. And yes, there's no guarantee any of them will drop the lantern.

Oh ya I spaced on that the Necro's also drop the laterns as well. Guess that could be since I've only gotten it once from them.
    CommissarMouse

Post by CommissarMouse Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I've killed four of them, including the hidden one. He didn't drop it, but the wiki says the last one you kill should drop it. Am I missing one, or is the wiki just wrong?

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Skull+Lantern

In any event, I got the Skull Lantern from Patches, but I would still like to kill all of the Necromancers. I'll be going there again, and I don't want to get bothered by the skeletons.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Whoever put that in the wiki got it confused with the Sunlight Maggot. When you kill all the little critters in the Lost Izalith shortcut one of them will drop the Sunlight Maggot helm, though it isn't necessarily the last one you kill that drops it.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm

It's difficult to say if the wiki is correct on that point. I'm pretty sure I've killed them all and not had a single lantern drop.. but I can't honestly be absolutely sure of that. It's also pretty difficult to guess which one you missed.. especially if you already killed the hidden one beyond the breakable wall. You probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway: use a Divine weapon (I prefer Astora's Straight Sword though) and the skellies can't be rez'd.
    PRH2
    PRH2

Post by PRH2 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

yes like everynevers said use the astoras sword,or silver knight spear,or craft a divine weapon of your choice to kill the skellies..also the sunlight maggot will make things alot easier in the catacombs since the lantern robs you of your valuable shield
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeah.. I never use my lanterns. I usually go with the maggot unless I don't have it yet (or it didn't drop, grrrr) or the Light spell if I have the INT for it.
    CommissarMouse

Post by CommissarMouse Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Ah! Got him! I missed the one with the two archers. He did in fact drop the Skull Lantern as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:21 pm