Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore

Xandram

Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore Empty Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore

Post by Xandram Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello guys, i decided to upgrade my Claymore (never used it in PvP since it's extremely overused by most players) to get a competitive weapon in PvP, sadly titanite Slabs do not grows on trees so i definitely can't get it wrong, my STR is 28 while my DEX is 23 and i don't plan to level up more then this since i like PvP at low / medium Soul Levels. Here's my question, what kind of upgrade should i get? If i choose the Normal +15 upgrade the weapon will get at 421 of atk power and 465 when dual handed but will only have to pass through one defense of the opponent. The Lightning upgrade will give it 571 atk points divided between 283 phisical and 288 lightning. I'd also like to consider the Chaos upgrade, with 10 humanities (wich are never a problem for me to get), wich will give the Claymore 586 atk points divided between 272 physical and 314 fire. Give me your opinions. I'm in Blight Town at the moment so i guess it will take 2 or 3 days for me to be fully prepared to upgrade it, i hope to get many of your opinions, thanks for the help! happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore Empty Re: Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I would probably consider the 15+, seeing as you will be able to use pine resin or any of the weapon buffs which is only a +. Besides, with a 15+ you could play more strategically in both pvp and pve, while going for one of the others(chaos or lightning) would probably give you a hard time if you were to face an enemy with that kind of resistance. That, of course is only my opinion.

On another side note, if you were to be in need of a slab you could always ask for one right here on these forums. There's a whole lot of people ready to give it away for (a) f(r)ee. winking
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore Empty Re: Normal Claymore VS Lightning Claymore

Post by WyrmHero Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 pm

You have too many wasted stats to go elemental, and you're not getting max scaling AR with +15 either. I think you should go with another weapon if you don't plan to continue leveling up. I would recommend GLGS if you're insisting on going for a greatsword. A Great Club and some kind of elemental Dex weapon (ie. Iaito) are good choices for those stats specifically.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 am

i would say take the black knight sword over the glgs, its better. clay might have a better moveset depending on your playing style but you should try them all and see which one you like better.
    Xandram

Post by Xandram Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 am

Actually i'm waiting for the Abyss Greatsword to come out, the Claymore was meant to be a replacement while waiting for the DLC. @RantFromRant i was so LUCKY i got the BKGS on both my INT and DEX builds from the very first Black Knight in the Burg, obviously i'm so blessed by the luck goddess that i didn't get the sword with the only build who could've used it perfectly... so until the way to the Kiln is open i think maybe i'll go with Claymore +15 occasionally switching to the Gravelord Sword (one of my favorite weapons since ever silly). I thank you all for your comments!
    Xandram

Post by Xandram Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:46 am

@WyrmHero I used so much the Great Club in my first build combined with CMW that i almost got addicted to it, but since i rarely used Greatswords (only the Moonlight with my mage, but almost all the time i was just shooting Getsuga Tensho over and over xD) and i'm going to equip the Abyss GS i tought a little practice with it wouldn't be so bad ^^. As always thanks for your advice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 pm