Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
sjw999
Lord of Ash
Knight Alundil
Mr. Tart
iox Magni xoi
9 posters

Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats?

iox Magni xoi
    iox Magni xoi

Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats? Empty Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats?

Post by iox Magni xoi Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:59 am

In the guide book, there is a photo of stats that dont match up with the characters level...
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats? Empty Re: Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats?

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 am

Unless i'm mistaken you're speaking of delvling, correct? If that is the case, you cannot. It is in no way possible to go down one SL.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats? Empty Re: Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats?

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 am

I'd be curious to see that picture.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 am

Me as well that be great if this was some new secret in the game
    sjw999
    sjw999

Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats? Empty We need this ability

Post by sjw999 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I think this should be available but at a cost. You should be able to take off a soul level but the cost of the next level will not change, or also charge a certain number of humanity.

Or why not have the abiltiy to move your souls around, you already have them, why not have the ability to adjust them? The SL would stay the same but you could move them around as you wanted.

I have an SL 125 that I would like to tweek, I shouldn't have to start all over just to change 3 or 4 from Intell. to Faith, for example.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes thatd be even better make it a tough choice
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

De-leveling was commonplace in Demon's Souls. When I started de-leveling one of my builds in that game, I realized I was playing the game too much, hehe. I'm so glad Dark Souls doesn't have any de-leveling.
    iox Magni xoi
    iox Magni xoi

Post by iox Magni xoi Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

[img]Anyone know how to drop your SL without affecting stats? Dark_s11[/img]
    iox Magni xoi
    iox Magni xoi

Post by iox Magni xoi Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Here's the picture for the guide book and as you can see based on the stats we start off with this should be impossible unless you can de-level without changing stats
    blackphantom08
    blackphantom08
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by blackphantom08 Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:45 pm

That's werid
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Theres actually alot of weird things about that picture.
    blackphantom08
    blackphantom08
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by blackphantom08 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Theres actually alot of weird things about that picture.
    is it fake?
    iox Magni xoi
    iox Magni xoi

Post by iox Magni xoi Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm

If theres no way to de-level in the game it would have to be one of the peoples stats from when they were making the game. Or a hacked profile. Ive seen a video on youtube with the problem with stats not adding up to their level, such as a level 7 character fighting The Four Kings with a zweilander. Its not possible unless theres de-leveling
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 pm

If the character has the required dexterity to use it they can just two-hand the weapon to minimize the the amount required to use one, so it is quite possible.

Example below:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1497694981361700
    iox Magni xoi
    iox Magni xoi

Post by iox Magni xoi Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

But still a level 7 character fighting the four kings. They were tanking hits without armor. The real damage wasnt showing there
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

If the person in question were taking hits that deal a larger amount of damage than their health then yeah, they're hacking. However, the use of a zweihander is still possible, just so you know. winking
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:08 am

The guidebook...as much as i love it is very flawed considering its supposed to be a guide...they didnt check it well before release. And, sometime i think it was done with developer players, or the same people who invaded players who got the game before street date. So, flawed data is likely. But all the same, i doubt there is a DElvling option. And honestly i do NOT want a delvling. Or the concept or shuffling souls around in stats. Part of the things i love with this game is the choices you HAVE to make, and live with. Regret it or not. Im no hardcore souls player. I suck compared to most. But i love it for the unique challenges it gives.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:08 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:The guidebook...as much as i love it is very flawed considering its supposed to be a guide...they didnt check it well before release. And, sometime i think it was done with developer players, or the same people who invaded players who got the game before street date. So, flawed data is likely. But all the same, i doubt there is a DElvling option. And honestly i do NOT want a delvling. Or the concept or shuffling souls around in stats. Part of the things i love with this game is the choices you HAVE to make, and live with. Regret it or not. Im no hardcore souls player. I suck compared to most. But i love it for the unique challenges it gives.

Totally aggree and I love making new builds and trying new things. About the Pic though , I worked for a very large game developer for a while and you see things like this all the time. Every game has a debug menu that is generally either taken out before release or is hidden very well. Most likely this picture came from a developer testing the game mechanics , because obviously there is no legit way to obtain these stats at that SL. But developers do this all the time to save time , but still make sure everything works properly. As Passive said this a developer player stat page and should NOT be in any guide book. In all fairness though most guide books have flaws like this.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Well bsince the guide came out there has been patches that chanched things in the game

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:15 am