Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
tinypantha
Ghadis_God
Shkar
billy_bayonet
hageshisa
Jovias-86
White Knight Wulf
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
dancash1808
Ahhotep1
Seth Winternight
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
18 posters

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands - Page 3 Empty Re: Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 am

Updated the OP with the area bonuses. If you havent already check them out pls.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands - Page 3 Empty Re: Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:34 am

Well I like the ones you have but all covenants should have a special rule based on the area they claim to be thier home base.... then smaller less significant bonuses based on value.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:38 am

Well the hard part is thinking up enough abilities lol.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

Think of each area and what it could do for a covenant, If the DS conquer say The catacomb we could take pinwheel for ourselves which will give us access to necromancy so we shall get a bonus mutiplier to points, If we took izalith wed get access to demons to fight on our side which will give us multipliers and so on maybe
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am

DS + Multipliers = NO! NO! NO! lol
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:03 am

ahaha maybe not multipliers but yano think of every area and what possible advantage they could have for someone else?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:04 am

Thatd be too much work. Each area will only have one bonus.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am

Lol, too much work Dough? I didn't think you could get enough ^.~
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:48 am

lol good point. I do seem to thrive on this stuff.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am

Wyrm I would very much like to discuss this sort of stuff with you. It seems to heavily run along the lines of.... damn whats the stupid addition to Warhammer and 40k...the one with the tiles and what not?

Anywho Ill message you on skype when I get on.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 am

inquistior?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

Oh viral check the DS thead i think you will be delighted
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:10 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Wyrm I would very much like to discuss this sort of stuff with you. It seems to heavily run along the lines of.... damn whats the stupid addition to Warhammer and 40k...the one with the tiles and what not?

Anywho Ill message you on skype when I get on.

Don't you mean Dough??? lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 am

AWWW **** its late and im tired...

sorry I did mean dough.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Get on skype Viral!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:04 am

Added a PW ability
    Painted World - Cold Snap: The weather of the PW follows its ruler. You
    may designate a one hour period where a chosen covenant can't score
    points.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 am

LOL that ability it's so me. YOU CAN'T SCORE ANY MORE POINTZZZZZ
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 am

IMO I think the User covenants should become more like teams in these wars.

And the wars should be less about just scoring points and more scenario based.

OPerhaps we could generate half a dozen scenario/ game types, all of which are short and fun, and randomly generate how each war goes down.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Of course dan, e-peen waving contests are much more important than actually having fun! We need to show off the biggest number and brag about spending the most time playing! So pull a 48 hour marathon so you can brag about "winning"!

In all seriousness though, I think there should be a points cap, but a high one, so that a covenant has a maximum number of points they can score without some people going insane over it then bragging that they won.

It is when there was no points cap that the "FUN" was removed from these events!!! And if it is, in fact, all about FUN than having a points cap shouldn't be an issue. Besides, the points cap does perform one important function! It is the ONLY proactive means of controlling the dishonest....and they do exist, unfortunately. And the dishonest do ruin the FUN experience for everyone else!!

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 am

Which is why I suggest taking the focus on points out of the war and making the wars more scenario/ experience based.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:08 am

"More experienced/scenario based" I dont understand what do you mean viral, you need to be more specific. Whatever the case, wars is about winning and who is the best covenant as a whole (participation, average points, etc.). It's fun to be competitive, but for that we need rules. If no one will enforce the points cap the LH will go rogue and interrupt any event (aiming at encountering any DS of course).
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:13 am

DoughGuy wrote:1. You should let the LH decide if they want to fight or not.
    2. And how did that go last time in the archives? It didnt work. So we should try a new method.

I want to fight Wyrm, as LH.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:17 am

Check out the last post I made in LH thread.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

WyrmHero wrote:"More experienced/scenario based" I dont understand what do you mean viral, you need to be more specific. Whatever the case, wars is about winning and who is the best covenant as a whole (participation, average points, etc.). It's fun to be competitive, but for that we need rules. If no one will enforce the points cap the LH will go rogue and interrupt any event (aiming at encountering any DS of course).

1- Wyrm if you interrupt other peoples events simply because you dont like how the war was planned out then it seems alittle petty to me. Come up with a good lore reason and then its all cool.

As to what I meant by experience based.... have you heard of Mighty Empires from GamesWorkshop?

IMagine Lordran as one of the maps set up using the tiles, each tile corresponding to an ingame area.

Now in Mighty Empires each play works to conquer the table making moves into area based off of turn based statements and accrued points, only fighting when one player announces an invasion of another groups area.

In that instance one of several predetermined scenarios can be fought in order to decide who takes that territory ranging frombasic team vs team combat to other more interest scenarios like Champions, Tournaments, and other scenarios I wont post here just yet.

Points are earnt to win each conflict, however not every conflict is "go off and do your thing then tally up at the end", thus the emphasis is less on the points and more on the experience you have fighting in odd ways, with odd rules, and random scenarios only generated and revealed a week before the event.

Thus instead of having lots of groups rrandomly starting wars we have those pariticipating in this system taking turns to decide whether or not they want to have a war or passing to take another smaller area.

E.G- The DS start in the Abyss, The LH start in the Painted World, and the NK start in the archives.

Billy states he will conquer the flooded area od new londo. His turn has passed.

Wyrm states he will take the lower part of Anorlondo (aka painting room and areas before the main cathedral.

Dough either claims Sens Fortress or contests you. In this instance he contests you and a war is to be fought.

A predetermined scenario is generated with some predetermined rules. In this case the Scenario Seacrh and Rescue is drawn with teams of six.

However before this is two players randomly chosen are made hostages and cant fight.

IN this scenario teams are split into defending and attacking players.

Defenders have two lives and attackers must take turns at challenging defending players to duels with the intent to remove the opposing defenders life count to zero so as to rescue the hostages.

In this way wars are short and more like minigames and each one is different. and even balance of points oriented ones vs life oriented ones vs etc....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:40 am

No lore no nothing! We will do it until you guys come up with a better plan! You idea sounds cool but I have to first see it in real action!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:29 pm