Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Jester's Tears
BIG TIME MASTER
Onion Knight
Mourning Sun
AugustBlade
Corporal Maxey
Phoenix Rising
Marino.
The Letter X
Back Lot Basher
fujiphoenix
TangerineDream
DamageCK
Tomhet
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
19 posters

That Was Fast

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

That Was Fast Empty That Was Fast

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 am

Well, I finished the DLC recently and it only took me 3 hours or less. For DLC, I think that should have been much longer. BTW, when I say I finished the DLC, I mean I beat all areas, and got all new items, armor, and weapons. I think it was kind of a let down. I also thought that they made Oolacile too repetitive. Artorias, Manus, and the Mages all had a similar dark magic feeling, just in different levels of difficulty. I also found the bosses to be extremely easy, and to me, they didnt seem to do much damage at all. The hardest part of the DLC to me was cutting off the dragon's tail.

I do like the new armor and weapons though. I find them to be very cool looking and good for making cool armor combos. The areas are also kind of cool, but I was expecting to see more areas then what they had.

All in all, I would say that the DLC, although interesting, could have been much better. I would give it a 3 out of 5 rating.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

That Was Fast Empty Re: That Was Fast

Post by Tomhet Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:54 am

The bosses are easy? IMO Manus is just as hard as Four Kings and 0. & S. I just beat him on NG+7 and it took me almost two hours to do it.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 am

The quality of the DLC shouldn't be measured in how long it took you to complete it. Look at the content. New weapons, new gear, new casts, new areas, new bosses, all the various patches (which i couldnt be happier about), and a F*CKING ARENA. I would have paid fifteen dollars for the arena access alone. And besides, it's DLC, man. It's not like they're going to develop the equivalent to a whole new game and sell it as DLC.
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:46 am

I've been so distracted with fighting in the various arenas that I have hardly done any of the DLC at all.

Deathmatches are hilarious just a pity it take ages to get a match.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 am

Tomhet wrote:The bosses are easy? IMO Manus is just as hard as Four Kings and 0. & S. I just beat him on NG+7 and it took me almost two hours to do it.
    It took me three hours to beat him on NG+ 😢 I finally summoned 2 brave phantoms and beat him, and pursuers was worth the pain and game rage.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Manus is easily the toughest boss this game has produced, mostly because of his aggression level. His attacks are relentless if you are alone. I went after him with a level 158 mage on NG++++, and it was insanity. I'm probably better prepared for him when I roll the game again, because I have the silver pendant, and the Artorias greatshield. But you can bet I'll still summon phantoms if they're down there.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:16 pm

I beat the DLC in about the same time as you, but I think it deserves a 10/10. Heck, I beat all of the bosses on my first try but I've thrown down my summon sign multiple times to help others with each of the bosses because they're so fun to fight.

I thought the DLC was as short, but the quality more than made up for it.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Who the eff downvoted him ? If you disagree SPEAK to him for gods sake, he didnt Troll or gave false Information but instead gave us his Opinion !

I have to disagree with him on the Bosses though . Manus and Kalamet are tough dastards and its fun fighting them .
    However good ol' Artorias and the Gaurdian were admittedly a bit too easy ( they still kick my arse though).
    And we have the Arena now, so all in all i think the DLC was worth it
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm

It's basically two big areas with 4 bosses. Assuming you've just paid $10 for the content and $5 for the Arena, that's still a great deal at 1/6 the retail price.

EDIT: I am almost tempted to consider this to be three areas, as the Chasm can seem small, until you get exploring for goodies. It seems close in size to the ToG.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Let's do a comparison!! Same Price of 14.99
    Dark Souls:..........................................COD:
    1. 3 hours of gameplay.......................1. A new multiplayer map!
    2. New areas to explore......................2. Another multiplayer map!!!!!!!!
    3. New Enemies..................................3. Yet another multiplayer map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. New Bosses....................................4. A new map with ZOMBIES IN IT!!!!!!!!111!!
    5. New Armor Sets
    6. New weapons
    7. New Arena mode with the addition of 1v1 2v2 and Deathmatch!!!
    lol!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 pm

^Lol too true.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:Let's do a comparison!! Same Price of 14.99
    3. New Enemies..................................3. Yet another multiplayer map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. New Bosses....................................4. A new map with ZOMBIES IN IT!!!!!!!!111!!
    5. New Armor Sets
    6. New weapons
    lol!

When did this become a discussion over the price of the DLC. I wasnt worried about the price, I just expected there to be more out of all the hype there was for it.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:Let's do a comparison!! Same Price of 14.99
    5. New Armor Sets
    6. New weapons
    lol!

When did this become a discussion over the price of the DLC. I wasnt worried about the price, I just expected there to be more out of all the hype there was for it.
    I wasn't discussing the price....i was saying you get a lot more than other games offer for DLC.
    Edit: From a company that announced upon release that there WOULD NOT be DLC.
    Corporal Maxey
    Corporal Maxey

Post by Corporal Maxey Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 am

"Quality over quantity" is what I was thinking after I beat all the bosses. Knight Artorias is my favorite boss fight (sorry Ornstein & Smough). I also love the fact that there's an arena and no more Havel ninjas (I haven't seen any).

Also, I thought of the DLC as an additional area that complements the game. It's hard to imagine playing Dark Souls from now on without it.

Last edited by Corporal Maxey on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new things I wanted to say)
    AugustBlade
    AugustBlade
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AugustBlade Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:40 am

It's definitely worth the $15. And like someone else said, I would have paid the $15 just for the Arena as well. No more 1v3's! Yay!
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 am

It took me about three hours to finally kill Kalameet -.-

Blind running the DLC at NG +7 really isn't a joke.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Why did someone negative my post again? There is no reason for it, especially since I am not talking about anything unrelated to Dark Souls. If you disagree with my opinion, then post your thoughts in a reply. Also, dont just negative a post because you dont like the post or the person that posted it. Everyone is free to express there opinions about things in the game. Isnt that what this site is for, expressing opinions and discussing the game?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why did someone negative my post again? There is no reason for it, especially since I am not talking about anything unrelated to Dark Souls. If you disagree with my opinion, then post your thoughts in a reply. Also, dont just negative a post because you dont like the post or the person that posted it. Everyone is free to express there opinions about things in the game. Isnt that what this site is for, expressing opinions and discussing the game?
    Wouldn't worry about it , happened to me too when I said my opinion on the PC port heh. Had 6 rep before. Now I just stay in the DeS section, much less hassle.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm

I just don't know how you got through it in 3 hours and obtained everything.

Did you go through on your own the first time? If not, you shouldn't blame the game.

I'd consider myself to be an above average DKS player, at least as far as skill goes. I never use magic so I'm sure that limits me, but I went through the DLC blind and at level 48 and I had a very tough time. Getting through the royal wood was pretty tough, I finally gave up on killing all the giants and just rushed through.

I had to farm to upgrade my halberd to +14 to even have a chance at the guardian, and even then I died enough that I finally broke down and summoned two players, and we still had a good long battle. Same for Artorias, though with summons he wasn't very challenging.

I breezed through most of the Oolacile township and below but there were a few parts where the sorcerer placement really demanded some quick thinking and strategery. I love playing through that area in co-op, it just has a great pace.

Again with Manus, I needed two summons, and then I had to still try him several times until I got some really good summons.

I don't know how long it took me, but it was certainly a good portion of a Saturday.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why did someone negative my post again? There is no reason for it.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD BUDDY. Well What is it
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 pm

If you want more out if the dlc do it on a "challenge" build. My first time through the dlc I did it on my Knight build who wields a broadsword and chain mail armor. After I went through on my pyromancer and it was 100x easier. The games as challenging as you make it. Intentionally gimp yourself and you will find the bosses are MUCH harder and MUCH more satisfying to kill. On my pyro I blew through the dlc in 2 maybe 3 hours tops (although I did know my around on this toon vs my knight). On my knight it was upwards of 7-8 hours and dyeing a lot on bosses. The fights were heavily endurance based instead of running in and blowing the boss away with 4 chaos fireballs...lol.

tldr: Make a challenging build other than the cookie cutter int/dex/str/faith yada yada and the dlc will take longer and be more fun.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Lol I finished it in like 45 minutes with my sorcerer.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

I can finish Dark Souls in 1 1/2 hours .

It doesnt mean i have actually "finished" the Game
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Marino. wrote:I can finish Dark Souls in 1 1/2 hours .

It depends, it's subjective really. I just finished the DLC with my sorcerer and it took me like 45 minutes, and yes I finished it, I picked up all the items that could be useful to him and obviously killed Dusk while she was laying on the ground.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Marino. wrote:I can finish Dark Souls in 1 1/2 hours .

It depends, it's subjective really. I just finished the DLC with my sorcerer and it took me like 45 minutes, and yes I finished it, I picked up all the items that could be useful to him and obviously killed Dusk while she was laying on the ground.

My Point was that you are not done with the Game when you beat the last Boss .There just so much more to do . You cant experience all in just 45 Minutes and therefore cant judge if the 15 Dollars/Euros/Whatevers were worth it .
    But it is subjective i give you that .

Asside from some Dialoge you wont get anything from Dusk , oh and
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:28 am