Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
PlasticandRage
XachAttack
Back Lot Basher
Isirith
Odinbear
goober0331
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RNsunbro
ViralEnsign_
Espada Muerta
Shindori
FAMISIL
16 posters

Black Dragon Kalameet Artorias

FAMISIL

Black Dragon Kalameet Artorias Empty Black Dragon Kalameet Artorias

Post by FAMISIL Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Kalameet has just become my new favorite boss, such an awesome dragon loved the boss fight (used all 20 estus, lol, i am bad).
    And Artorias he is just my favorite character, proud of wearing full artorias set happy

Even when he knew he was losing he saved his companion Sif...
    Loyal to the end.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Black Dragon Kalameet Artorias Empty Re: Black Dragon Kalameet Artorias

Post by Shindori Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Agreed. Love both boss fights and the character. I love his set too, i sport the abyss sword and Artorias Greatshield as well.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm

That Dragon is the only thing I get summoned for followed by a message saying tail followed by me dying half way lol because the host does not help get his attention so I can heal plus is a 15min+ fight lol. I love this game.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:44 am

I hate to say this but Artorias was a fool. His blind pursuit of glory led to him trapping his friends and allies in a foriegn land.

Sif, was only spared with Artorias realised his folly, and Ciaran, someone who cared about him, was left alone because he arrogantly thought he could defeat the Abyss alone....

Though I think Kalameet is a real badass. I have yet to fight him but will do so with my Ciaran and Gentleman builds. Big Swords were meant for slaying big *** Dragons!
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 am

Espada Muerta wrote:That Dragon is the only thing I get summoned for followed by a message saying tail followed by me dying half way lol because the host does not help get his attention so I can heal plus is a 15min+ fight lol. I love this game.

I get summoned for this fight alot and I feel like the host expects the summons to do all the work withouth flasking for them: really makes me mad.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:48 am

FAMISIL wrote:Even when he knew he was losing he saved his companion Sif...
    Loyal to the end.

Agreed.

The item description on the Cleansing Greatshield is one of the more touching lore tidbits in the game.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:56 am

What I've started to do against Kalameet is perch on the rocks near the waterfall where the Crystal Lizard is and shoot him with my dragon slayer bow.

As long as Kalameet doesnt target me and shoot fire at me its fun as hell.
    FAMISIL

Post by FAMISIL Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 am

Shindori wrote:Agreed. Love both boss fights and the character. I love his set too, i sport the abyss sword and Artorias Greatshield as well.

My first post and so far, so good, thank you all!

The Abyss Sword... i was surprised how good it was ahah, even The Four Kings were easy!
    Manus was a tricky fight for me but as long you stay close to him he will do the "hand slam" attack.

Overall i loved the DLC, Kalameet his now my favorite character and Dragon, and Artorias will always be in my Dark Souls heart.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:14 am

Very hard fight. Only been summoned in to help ( several times ) but as far as I know, we've not defeated him. ( died every time) Last time in, though, managed to whack his tail off for the host ( now just hoping I can do the same for my toon)
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 am

I always find for the Kalameet fight the hosts always stand way too far back and don't do anything!
    They don't heal or try to get his attention.

And unlike most I don't have 99 Humanities/Twin Humanities or Divine Blessings so
    I'm pretty screwed when it comes to healing myself as a Summon.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 pm

I'll never understand why some people, as hosts, don't realize that their role is to be cautious, and stay back from the fray unless they have clear opportunity for a melee strike. Their ability to heal summoned players IN BATTLE is essential against some of these bosses. It means that your helpers don't have to risk the animation of using estus. I know it's harder to do this if you're a pure melee build, but in Dark Souls, you don't have to do it all yourself. Nobody is keep track of your kills!
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I'll never understand why some people, as hosts, don't realize that their role is to be cautious, and stay back from the fray unless they have clear opportunity for a melee strike. Their ability to heal summoned players IN BATTLE is essential against some of these bosses. It means that your helpers don't have to risk the animation of using estus. I know it's harder to do this if you're a pure melee build, but in Dark Souls, you don't have to do it all yourself. Nobody is keep track of your kills!

Alot of people believe that just because you outnumber something, that you'll win. Anyone who thinks like that is destined for failure.

Quality over Quantity.

On topic though!

Last night this person summoned me for Kalameet about 5 times lol, each time she/I died we were SO CLOSE to beating him. I swear she must've been on NG+++ or something

Finally we got him to about 25% health when that damn dragon pulls a sneak attack on me and kills me. I message the host 'Kick his ***!"

15 minuets later, I get a response. "I won, thanks!"
    Much celebration occured.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:44 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I hate to say this but Artorias was a fool. His blind pursuit of glory led to him trapping his friends and allies in a foriegn land.

Sif, was only spared with Artorias realised his folly, and Ciaran, someone who cared about him, was left alone because he arrogantly thought he could defeat the Abyss alone....

This way of looking at it really adds a lot of depth to all those characters, especially Arty in my opinion. Looking at it in these terms I kind of get in the impression that despite the fact that he's clearly a hollow, that Arty is aware of this on some level. Something about his breathing and the way that you can sort of pick out a face under the darkness makes me feel like it's an eternal punishment. Kind of like Arty's own personal hell is to be eternally tormented uncontrollably fighting in the arena for dooming all his compatriots. It also adds some depth to Orstien really, if you consider that he was the only one not to accompany him
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Does Kalameet get more aggressive in coop than solo? I've been wanting to try it out but can't get summoned on my sl 210. After spending close to 2 hours trying to cut his tail once I got it I decided to claim his eye as well so I can't summon either. Shrug
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm

What do you mean you can't summon? I'm confused. I could be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like what you're saying is you want the calamity ring so you're doing it solo? Because you definitely get the calamity ring even if you kill him with a posse
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:33 pm

No sorry, I meant to say I wanted to cut the tail by myself as a challenge and succeeded then in the moment I decided to kill Kalameet so I obviously cannot summon anyone into my world with him now dead. I was asking if he, like Artorias for instance, becomes more challenging in coop because of his erratic attacks and was framing the question with the fact that I have so far been unable to coop Kalameet myself.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I gotcha. Ive actually fought him both ways now, and I didn't think so. I found him to actually be kind of a pushover with other players present. His tail pretty much came right off because you can position yourselves encircling him, so whenever he stops to do anything someone can be on his tail, then, at least in my fight, as soon as the tail came off so did our gloves and he just went right down. I enjoyed the battle as a solo experience infinitely more. He's still a fun boss to be summoned for though
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Ah thanks, I was hoping he'd be doing his lunging strike at players randomly by the erratic way he follows you across the canyon, almost like he's re-aggroing and changing what range to attack from. But I can dream Shrug
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Well he definitely switches targets and his attacks are still deadly, but for me it came out more like the way Quelaag reaggros.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Oh no, not another tail amputation. It took me ages to get Seaths. Why can't they all sit still like that nice dragon in Ash Lake?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I found Kalameet's to be a good deal more difficult than Seath's too. Well if you do it alone anyway. Took me a good couple hours to figure that one out by myself. He's a lot more mobile than Seath is, and his tail sits up a lot higher, so it can definitely be a chore.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:26 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:I hate to say this but Artorias was a fool. His blind pursuit of glory led to him trapping his friends and allies in a foriegn land.

This way of looking at it really adds a lot of depth to all those characters, especially Arty in my opinion. Looking at it in these terms I kind of get in the impression that despite the fact that he's clearly a hollow, that Arty is aware of this on some level. Something about his breathing and the way that you can sort of pick out a face under the darkness makes me feel like it's an eternal punishment. Kind of like Arty's own personal hell is to be eternally tormented uncontrollably fighting in the arena for dooming all his compatriots. It also adds some depth to Orstien really, if you consider that he was the only one not to accompany him

Someone posted a vid with the cut diaolog of Artorias where it reveals that his still concious is fighting the darkness that's consuming him while his body fights you.
    Found the vid! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=upzLAJhtnvk

Last edited by TheAshenPhantom on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found the vid)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh wow man. I wonder why they cut that out? It really adds so much to the whole DLC. Maybe they just didn't want to spoon feed us any plot elements. It seems like they enjoy us speculating about it instead.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Oh wow man. I wonder why they cut that out? It really adds so much to the whole DLC. Maybe they just didn't want to spoon feed us any plot elements. It seems like they enjoy us speculating about it instead.

They probably thought it was feeding us too much info, since it's not like DeS were most of the lore was out there already. But I really think that cut dialog adds some personafication to Artorias in his manic state. Lets us see that in the end Artorias was still fighting the Darkness he swore to end.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:58 pm

It really helps to clarify the deeds of the chosen undead also as a hero who stepped into the shoes of Artorias, accomplishing what Artorias couldn't accomplish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm